Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8/22/2015 I had my sleeve. I was at 254 my current weight is 207. After I had my surgery I was focused on why I could consume so much food and I constantly watched the scale. When I got down to the lower 200 I lost focus on the importance of my purpose in having the surgery and I began to live unhealthy eating what I wanted. Now I have been stuck at 207 and I wish I could start over again but I know that means a lot of life style changes. Time for that reset.

My story is very similar to yours, but I am 3 yrs out. I fell into the same pattern; not watching what I ate, not getting enough Protein, etc, etc.. Now I don't know how to get control again.

I too am 21/2 years out. My starting weight was 215 and I got to 169 pounds. I have fallen of the wagon. I am at 190 now. I am so disappointed in myself!!!! I do stay pretty good on track during the day. Nightime is a different story! I still get full on foods quickly. I don't even know how much my stomach has stretched. I am on a fixed income so therapy is out! I have thought of joining Weight Watchers to be weight weekly and keep on track. Has anyone done this?

I'm only 8.5 months out but I have already stopped following the right path and gone back to overeating and eating slider foods.
Thanks for sharing your stories because it brings to light the struggles that we face and if we don't nip them in the bud they continue to persist.

My 2cents... The fundamentals never change.
When ever our relationship with food is associated with emotional strings, success is exponentially more difficult to realize. Yes, all of us know what we are suppose to do, discovering the forces from keeping you from doing it is the key.
While we all beat ourselves up for not being stronger or more disciplined, it is in vain until we face the real issues that influence our relationship with food and our ability to love ourselves. (There are often really good and valid reasons our relationship with food is toxic. Because of those valid reasons, it is even more difficult to resolve. But those are the reasons that drive our behavior and make us look weak or stupid when the issues prove stronger than our will.)

I have found that Surgery is excellent to expose these issues, but not a universal plan to solve them. (Regardless of the Protein consumed that day. )

Faith, therapy, love, and self discovery are the fundamentals of lasting change with our relationship with food and our health. (Not protein and exercise) Surgery simply lets you get a one time head start to lose the weight while you work the process that no doctor or nut can provide.

Short term success is enjoyed when we dedicate ourselves to a diet plan, but it just isn't sustainable statistically speaking. Sooner or later we all need to find the courage to face the goblins in our closets and throw them out with our fat clothes, or we will likely need those clothes in the future.

My 2cents... The fundamentals never change.
When ever our relationship with food is associated with emotional strings, success is exponentially more difficult to realize. Yes, all of us know what we are suppose to do, discovering the forces from keeping you from doing it is the key.
While we all beat ourselves up for not being stronger or more disciplined, it is in vain until we face the real issues that influence our relationship with food and our ability to love ourselves. (There are often really good and valid reasons our relationship with food is toxic. Because of those valid reasons, it is even more difficult to resolve. But those are the reasons that drive our behavior and make us look weak or stupid when the issues prove stronger than our will.)

I have found that Surgery is excellent to expose these issues, but not a universal plan to solve them. (Regardless of the Protein consumed that day. )

Faith, therapy, love, and self discovery are the fundamentals of lasting change with our relationship with food and our health. (Not Protein and exercise) Surgery simply lets you get a one time head start to lose the weight while you work the process that no doctor or nut can provide.

Short term success is enjoyed when we dedicate ourselves to a diet plan, but it just isn't sustainable statistically speaking. Sooner or later we all need to find the courage to face the goblins in our closets and throw them out with our fat clothes, or we will likely need those clothes in the future.

Very well spoken and I couldn't agree more.

I'm only 8.5 months out but I have already stopped following the right path and gone back to overeating and eating slider foods.
Thanks for sharing your stories because it brings to light the struggles that we face and if we don't nip them in the bud they continue to persist.

I was sleeved 7/6/16 and you sound like me. I haven't lost in months. I know it's because I quit walking. And I have never tracked (by writing it down or using any apps) my daily food intake. Do you do that? I have been eating foods I KNOW I shouldn't. It has to stop. I am no where near goal.
HW: 269
CW: 191
Would like to be in the 150 range.

Surgery is basically rehab. We have a few months to get our carb cravings under control and relearn portions. Log foods so at the end of a healthy eating day you can see what you did and then compare what the difference was on off days. (My trigger: junk food doesn't register as food so I'm still hungry even if it settles my blood sugar drop) Routine eater have more long term success than those eating what sounds good. Morning coffee with half a vanilla Protein Shake as Creamer. 3 hours later Greek yogurt. lunch, Protein, veggie and small carb. fruit or cheese and a couple of crackers afternoon. Regular dinner and I hold weight. Add 3 pm sweet treat or chips daily and I gain.....4 plus years out. BMI 25. Know yourself. Knowledge is power!