Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had VSG on 12/6 and I feel like I should have lost more by now.... I'm down 50 from HW and 30 since surgery. Am I on track? Should I be down more?

I feel like at times I eat too much...Some times I get full so fast.... It's frustrating! Anyone else feel this way?

Hi! I feel the same. Surgery on 12/5...down 38.... still having difficultly with how much I can eat and not get sick or feel horrible. I've been training hard so I hope I've gained more muscle. I think your are doing just fine.

Hi! I feel the same. Surgery on 12/5...down 38.... still having difficultly with how much I can eat and not get sick or feel horrible. I've been training hard so I hope I've gained more muscle. I think your are doing just fine.

I feel the same way....I don't get sick when I eat not so great things like other people do. It's hard to break old habits.
Thanks for the support. I think I just need to work out more often.

Your right on track. Everyone going to lose at different rates depending on age, sex, and if your working out. You should be able to get 2 to 3 oz of food in. Do you have a food scale?

I feel the same way. Sleeved 12/19 and I'm down 50lbs from my starting weight but my weight loss keeps stalling. Like 2, 3 week stalls so far [emoji30] I guess there is no "normal" in this so I just keep trucking along. Good luck to you!

I feel the same way. I have lost 47lbs from my highest weight and 33lbs since the surgery. Mine was on 12/30. I have had couple of stalls and the most recent one took 2 weeks. I feel like I'm not losing as much as I should. I feel full real quick so I know for fact that I'm not eating as much as I should. I have been walking everyday at least 5 miles a day so I'm hoping that would help the weight come off faster but not really..

Your right on track. Everyone going to lose at different rates depending on age, sex, and if your working out. You should be able to get 2 to 3 oz of food in. Do you have a food scale?

No I don't. I meant to buy one yesterday, but I forgot! Ugh. Does that help you a lot? Sometimes I feel like I eat too much then others I get full really fast.

I feel the same way. I have lost 47lbs from my highest weight and 33lbs since the surgery. Mine was on 12/30. I have had couple of stalls and the most recent one took 2 weeks. I feel like I'm not losing as much as I should. I feel full real quick so I know for fact that I'm not eating as much as I should. I have been walking everyday at least 5 miles a day so I'm hoping that would help the weight come off faster but not really..

Wow! 5 miles! I definitely need more exercise!

I was sleeved 12/30 and I'm down 32 pounds since surgery and 62 since I started the program last July. I have worried about the speed of my loss but it seems we are mostly on track. I can eat about 3-4 ounces per meal but I've found myself getting hungry more lately which I try and ignore. I'm getting between 700-900 calories a day and 90-100 grams of Protein on good days. Stalls are the worst though. I seem to go through at least 1 a month.

I had the sleeve done on 12-28 and lost 33 so we are on the right track. I noticed I am having feelings of hunger more too and my pouch doesn't get that full feeling like it used too. I liked getting that feeling. I'm eating 900 cals I just increased from 700. I started jogging 30 minutes a day and that's when I've noticed a stall in weight loss. But I love the way it makes me feel.

I try and get 30-40 minutes on the treadmill, uphill at a brisk pace, a day but it's usually more like 3 times a week. I have two toddlers, life is crazy.

Also I've realized that when it's my time of the month I stall as well, which is to be expected but still annoying.

I was sleeved 12/30 and I'm down 32 pounds since surgery and 62 since I started the program last July. I have worried about the speed of my loss but it seems we are mostly on track. I can eat about 3-4 ounces per meal but I've found myself getting hungry more lately which I try and ignore. I'm getting between 700-900 calories a day and 90-100 grams of Protein on good days. Stalls are the worst though. I seem to go through at least 1 a month.

I don't weigh my food or track my calories.... Maybe I should start doing both!

I had the sleeve done on 12-28 and lost 33 so we are on the right track. I noticed I am having feelings of hunger more too and my pouch doesn't get that full feeling like it used too. I liked getting that feeling. I'm eating 900 cals I just increased from 700. I started jogging 30 minutes a day and that's when I've noticed a stall in weight loss. But I love the way it makes me feel.

Sometimes I get full fast then get hungry shortly after...That's really annoying me...I guess I should start tracking calories

13 hours ago, dalvavsg said:

I don't weigh my food or track my calories.... Maybe I should start doing both!

My NUT suggested to track calories but she also said to not make it an obsessive thing, her guidelines were between 700-1000 calories a day. I try and track almost everything that goes into my mouth but sometimes, if I'm not eating at home I don't .

So I in no way am a NUT, nor have I been instructed by one, but I have gone through the same thing. I had surgery 12/20 and have lost 45 pounds since. I have never felt sick... I haven't thrown up... I barely get a full feeling. I can eat up to 5 oz at a time. I was feeling really frustrated and wondered if my surgeon even performed the surgery. I lost around 22 pounds the first week after surgery, then nothing for weeks. But I started Whole30 on March 1st and have since dropped 13 pounds...... In 7 days. Im not sure if it's because my body was holding onto weight or if it's from the diet, but I'm thinking for my body type I may need to switch things up a little bit to get constant results. If you are eating the same things everyday your body may get used to them, which could cause slow weight loss. Again, I am not a NUT, but I am in your same situation. Keep up the good work. You are doing fine! Research nutrition and find something that works for you!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App