Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Aversions

Hey everyone. I'm about 6 weeks post op. Over the past few days I've been having some serious food aversions. I'm sure I'm not eating enough, but all of a sudden, The thought of eating most foods makes me want to vomit. Has anyone else experienced this?

What types of foods aren't bothering you?

As always, keep your gallbladder as a possibility in your mind.

Have you been having regular BMs? Getting enough fluids?

I can relate. Mine are unbelievable. I have a "routine" follow up appointment with the RD tomorrow morning . Hoping she will have some helpful ideas. I will share if she does.

What types of foods aren't bothering you?

As always, keep your gallbladder as a possibility in your mind.

Have you been having regular BMs? Getting enough fluids?

Lately I don't want Protein Drinks, eggs, yogurt...the only thing my stomach does well with is toast/ crackers but I know I'm not supposed to have too much of that.

My fluids can be better. I try my best to drink Water constantly but I often get dry mouth so I know it's not enough.

As for BMs I'm either constipated or have the runs. :(

Get your fluids up. Could try flat diet ginger ale and peppermint tea.

Probiotics and Fiber will help with bowel regularity.

Protein takes a ton of liquid to digest, so increasing fluids might help. Milk, if tolerated, can give both.

Protein also needs acid to digest, but then too much acid causes problems. Any sense whether you have too much or little acid? Apple cider vinegar could be helpful. I'd dilute it in plenty of Water or it would set you on fire.

Of course, your doctor might have other ideas.

Hope something helps!

Alternative Protein sources are veggie based. Beans and the like. Try that too..

Thanks for the input

I have this with eggs. I just can't really even eat them anymore :( I also had this with other Protein sources but luckily I don't have them with meats.

I can't do eggs either. I also wouldn't drink the diet ginger ale, even if it's flat. It's still soda. Get honest kids juice pouches. They are a lifesaver! Expensive because they are organic but I love them! Low in cals and sugar

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I don't like any  meat anymore. Reheated meat is an absolute no-no. I like fish, but pretty much all meat makes me nauseous. I love tofu and tolerate it very well. Refried Beans with melted cheese are another favorite. I am almost 3 months postop and pretty sure I'm gonna need  Protein  shakes forever.

I sometimes have whole wheat saltines with nut butter (I like sunflower butter actually bc I'm allergic to peanuts). I make chili a lot and freeze it in small containers.

One thing that actually makes my pouch happy is vinegar cole slaw. I don't know why, but it just does. If only that had Protein.< /p>