Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm six months out lost 75 lbs but I find myself wanting to eat sweets that are no good for me like before I had my surgery it's really scary I don't want to gain the weight back but sometimes my thinking is out of control I need help any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Make sugar free pudding with heavy cream instead of milk. No carbs or sugar and is friggin delicious

Also, sweet toothers. I buy the Russell stover sugar free pecan delights. They are chocolatey, caramely goodness with just a little crisp. (Like turtles). I limit myself to 2 of them but let me tell you, they are so good and you would never know they are sugar free.

I'm 9/19, so about 5.5 months out, hovering around 58-60 lbs lost. I, too, track every morsel of food that passes my lips and have been around 1200-1400 calories a day, 70 grams of carbs, hitting my 90-100 Protein goals.

My loss has totally slowed, and I know the calories and carbs are too high, but I'm really struggling with getting back to the 1000 range and 40 grams of carbs.

I, too, am home with two toddlers, and hate to waste food, so I find I'll finish a nugget or a bite off their plate, or finish an egg or something. Bad habits!

Hitting the gym 2-4x a week with spinning, walking the kids to preschool, weather permitting (just started last week,) and doing weights 1-2x a week if I'm lucky. I'm smaller at this weight than I was the first go-around (have my "skinny clothes" saved and remember what I was wearing at this size/weight,) so I think I'm losing weight differently, and maybe the working out is toning me up?

I'm not unhappy with my loss, but I'm concerned I'm sabotaging myself with the picking habits.

I'm 11 months out. I to fight the bad habits. When I travel it's so hard to find the right foods. I just keep my 2 pictures of before and after in my purse and look at them when I look at a menu. It helps me most of the time. I could only eat a half of a kids burger. But I can't eat bread still to this day. I notice that I have to watch how fast I eat. I over eat. Before I realize it happens. My friend who had this surgery 5+ years ago said that you have to build in habits of what and how much to eat then keep the habits. I'm trying to do that. She hasn't gained any wt since she hit goal. She also exercises 4 times a week. Her maintenance is a religion. Good luck to us

I am so happy to have found this thread! I am three days from five months, and this week I've been hungry constantly! I was eating around 700 calories a day, and this week I'm pushing 1,000 every day! I just ate about 3/4 cup of turkey chili, and I'm full... thank God. I typically don't get this full, but it's like I can feel it in my throat, so now I'm concerned I overate. :(

My doctors don't say how many calories or how small of portions I should have. They just say to focus on Protein and get 80g a day. But I need to know how much I should eat. Or more accurately, when I should STOP eating!

I don't eat bread, so I'm not sure I could eat a hamburger. While traveling, I have had about 2/3 of a Taco Bell bean burrito, and that did not agree with me... I think it was the tortilla.

MyFitnessPal is the life saver... I track every morsel that goes into my mouth. I'm terrified of eating 1,000 calories every day... terrified of what the scale will look like this weekend when I weigh. I do workout 6-7 days a week and get 15,000-20,000 steps a day on my Fitbit, so hopefully all that has paid off.

One hamburger isn't the end of the world... my bean burrito didn't kill me that week. ;) Don't beat yourself up about it.

I'm 7 months post op and I eat 4 to 6 oz. My calories are 1000 - 1300. I weigh all my food out and track my calories on a app called mynetdiary.

There is a great article about all this that I've found very helpful. Shows a whole day of food for 6 months out and how much you can eat.

https://www.mexicobariatriccenter.com/not-losing-weight-after-gastric-sleeve-surgery/

HW: 420 (January 2016)
CW: 273 (March 2017)

Instagram: vsg_queendiet

I am so happy to have found this thread! I am three days from five months, and this week I've been hungry constantly! I was eating around 700 calories a day, and this week I'm pushing 1,000 every day! I just ate about 3/4 cup of turkey chili, and I'm full... thank God. I typically don't get this full, but it's like I can feel it in my throat, so now I'm concerned I overate. [emoji20]
My doctors don't say how many calories or how small of portions I should have. They just say to focus on Protein and get 80g a day. But I need to know how much I should eat. Or more accurately, when I should STOP eating!
I don't eat bread, so I'm not sure I could eat a hamburger. While traveling, I have had about 2/3 of a Taco Bell bean burrito, and that did not agree with me... I think it was the tortilla.
MyFitnessPal is the life saver... I track every morsel that goes into my mouth. I'm terrified of eating 1,000 calories every day... terrified of what the scale will look like this weekend when I weigh. I do workout 6-7 days a week and get 15,000-20,000 steps a day on my Fitbit, so hopefully all that has paid off.
One hamburger isn't the end of the world... my bean burrito didn't kill me that week. [emoji6] Don't beat yourself up about it.

Oh wow. I got yelled at for my 4 month post op appointment for doing 600 calories a day. They moved me to 1300 a day. I don't always hit it and sometimes I go over a little. But I'm still losing ton of weight. Here's a website you might find helpful.

https://www.mexicobariatriccenter.com/not-losing-weight-after-gastric-sleeve-surgery/

HW: 420 (January 2016)
CW: 273 (March 2017)

Instagram: vsg_queendiet

On 2017-02-28 at 1:39 PM, sweetz428 said:

I'm six months out lost 75 lbs but I find myself wanting to eat sweets that are no good for me like before I had my surgery it's really scary I don't want to gain the weight back but sometimes my thinking is out of control I need help any suggestions

My mother in law was very heavy before her surgery, Maybe 350lbs. She had it twice due to gaining the weight back by eating sweets. (She was skinny for a couple of years each time) She's still overweight after the 2nd time, not near as bad but still has mobility issues as you do when you get old and have a lot of extra pounds on. Try to stay away from sweets, I know it's hard, but you went through so much, don't blow it.