Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did go for a nice meal and pudding before starting the liver diet and I don't usually eat puddings.

I enjoyed it, then did 18 days of Protein drinks... :P

Kate

Congrats on the weight loss so far!

I had food funeral but I wish I took my feelings of doubt seriously.

I had my sleeve done recently. Although my opinion is not in the majority. I will recomend you don't do this! This surgery is scary and life altering. I REGRET decision everyday. I have major acid reflux that I never ever had pre op. This is the only irreversible surgery. Even the gastric bypass can be reversed if there's serious health issues. There are newer procedure coming out like the Gastric Ballon. There will be more over the years! I will always deal with complications from this extreme surgery. I had the lapband and took it out. I will regret doing this to myself everyday. It's not always rosy and you can't turn back.

Best wishes.

Congrats on the weight loss so far!
I had food funeral but I wish I took my feelings of doubt seriously.
I had my sleeve done recently. Although my opinion is not in the majority. I will recomend you don't do this! This surgery is scary and life altering. I REGRET decision everyday. I have major acid reflux that I never ever had pre op. This is the only irreversible surgery. Even the gastric bypass can be reversed if there's serious health issues. There are newer procedure coming out like the Gastric Ballon. There will be more over the years! I will always deal with complications from this extreme surgery. I had the lapband and took it out. I will regret doing this to myself everyday. It's not always rosy and you can't turn back.
Best wishes.
[/
The gastric bypass is typically not reversible and they also re-arrange the digestive system when they do this procedure.
Roux-en-Y (roo-en-y). This is a type of gastric bypass surgery, and is the most common method of gastric bypass. This surgery is typically not reversible. It works by decreasing the amount of food you can eat at one sitting and reducing absorption of nutrients.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I didn't cheat on my preop diet. I was worried about being turned away the day of surgery if I did. The preop was my turning point, when I finally got serious about my eating habits.

@annelliot Was your experience that bad? did you have complications? everyone i know that is a hear post op can eat pretty much anything they want just less! im sure the first year is tough but i need to change.

@sally628 It's amazing to want change! But sometimes we go about it in the wrong way! Like I did. I am dealing with severe acid reflux that's impacting my quality of life. Whether, I will be impacted by other complications long term, I don't know

Let me tell you that eating is all in our heads! That's why many ppl regain in a few years!

Your stomach takes what you give it. Cutting it to almost nothing, may have untold health impacts long term. We're playing with evolution and biology.

I don't see a problem with enjoying something you know you most likely won't be "pigging out" on again in the future. Maybe a healthier alternative later. But that's just me. I don't eat out too often now, so it's not going to affect me so much. I did have some Whataburger the other day, but got a grilled chicken sandwich (what I normally would get) and no fries or drink. I don't like soda anyway. So, that was my food funeral for that particular restaurant. Granted, I'm still a few months till surgery, but if I want something, I'm gonna have it. BUT I have noticed since I've changed most of my diet now, my body isn't handling anything high fat, sugary, or salty anymore. I literally feel sick to my stomach, so I am forced to not really have too much of a food funeral anyhow. I might do myself in with some chips & queso as some point though. :)

@anneelliot I really respect your honesty and I'm sorry you are having acid reflux ! I know that sucks s I have had it in the past. With almost three weeks till surgery I am tempted to try it in my own once again but then I reflect on the last ten years of a really valiant effort and find my BMI is up from 36 to 40? And there's so much I want to accomplish.

I have a 10 day pre-op & 2 day liquid only instructions. I went to town my last day before pre-op!!! Hot dogs, chips & queso for lunch, chocolate chip Cookies (freshly baked!) dipped in milk as a snack. dinner was white rice & ribeye steak. Dessert was a pint of ice cream. That all sounds SOOOOOO gross now but I don't regret it. 'Twas a great last meal day!

I cheated day 5 of pre-op. My kids (5&7) wanted to go to McDonalds. I impulsively got myself a meal for dinner. I emotionally felt terrible after, though my body felt fine. I cheated myself! But every other moment I have been fully disciplined. Not one snack outside of my 2 Protein Shakes & 4 oz Protein w veggies for dinner.

Don't beat yourself up. We all fall off the wagon sometimes lol. I am 6 days post op with a revision and despite the doctor speeding up my food progression, I've speeded it up even further by starting myself on soft foods ahead of schedule. The liquid diet thing is just not for me!

Sent from my iPhone using BariatricPal