Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need some help. I was sleeved on Aug 26, 2016, weighing in at 312, today I weigh 272! I was down to 265 about 3 weeks ago and now all of a sudden I've gained 7 pounds. I've come to the conclusion that I'm a slow loser, and I accept that, but what I don't accept is this gaining and not losing consistently! Everything I'm about to list is the God honest truth:

1. I faithfully drink 1 gallon of Water a day, no matter what!

2. I consume about 1300 calories a day (sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less)

3. I get about 120g Protein in a day (my doctor actually told me to reduce this)

4. I plan out my meals everyday and do a pretty good job of sticking to what I'm supposed to eat that day.

5. I don't exercise as much as i should, but from my understanding "weight loss starts in the kitchen", so I am conscious of what I put in my mouth

6. I don't get enough sleep, maybe 4-5 hours a night, and this does cause me to be a little stressed during the day because I am tired.

6. Occasionally I will eat something I shouldn't but I don't go off on a bender.

Can someone please tell me what else I need to do?! What am I doing wrong?! I've never been this frustrated before, it makes me want to cry I'm so angry! Yes, I'm losing inches, but honestly that is not what my concern is. I want to drop weight!

One thing that might help is sleeping more. Not enough sleep can cause inflammation, stress, and anxiety. I know it's easier said than done, but give it a shot! Good luck.

Definitely trying to increase your sleep will help.

1300 is a bit high. I'm surprised. I barely manage to get 1000 calories a day, and sometimes I don't. I have to push myself the days I'm in the gym. I'd try to lower that down a bit.

The Protein, yeah. I mean don't stop your Protein intake! But dropping down to 70g a day and increasing your vegetable intake will likely help. Vegetables will provide so many nutrients that you need and will help weightloss.

Weightloss does start first and foremost with what you put in your mouth, but exercise is the next big puzzle piece, and it's an important one. If you aren't a gym person, walking/fast walking/jogging 30 minutes a day, even, will help a lot. But a good mix of cardio and weights will go towards helping build muscle which burns the fat, and increases your energy as well.

Weight loss is a really simple formula. Calories in vs calories out. Keep at a deficit and it will come off.

I find it detrimental to view other people's mega success posts. Number one they might not be telling the whole truth and two everyone is different. Keep on keeping on. You've lost 40 lbs in five months. If you lose another 40 you'll be 230 in June. Pretty impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You mentioned your calorie, Water, Protein intake but what is your average meal ? To gain 7 pounds in 3 weeks time your consistently doing something for the weight gain.
I've come to realize that this sleeve is a tool to HELP the process not the KEY. Exercising would definitely help your weight loss and improve your sleep. Unfortunately just eating right can cause you to maintain and not loose. Eat right, exercise, get rest they go hand and hand to weight loss.

List a daily menu that you eat and possibly we could help see what the culprit is.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

1 hour ago, boilernos said:

Weight loss is a really simple formula. Calories in vs calories out. Keep at a deficit and it will come off.

I find it detrimental to view other people's mega success posts. Number one they might not be telling the whole truth and two everyone is different. Keep on keeping on. You've lost 40 lbs in five months. If you lose another 40 you'll be 230 in June. Pretty impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I disagree. It's not as simple as calories in/calories out, especially with WLS.

I would try intermittent fasting. Search here on BP as there has been previous discussions. Also, too much Protein will convert to sugar and store as fat if not burned off. Good luck.

Lap-banded and love it!