Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nope. It still contains nicotine. Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor. You don't want blood vessels in your healing stomach contracting. Poor blood supply = poor healing. Ultimately, it may lead to staple line issues..
2 weeks is too early in the healing process to vape.
After you have properly healed, nicotine would not be a major cause for concern...

Sent from my SM-N900P using the BariatricPal App

The problem with vaping is the chemical additives that give it "flavour" considered carcinogenic.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using the BariatricPal App

8 minutes ago, Middus said:

Nope. It still contains nicotine. Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor. You don't want blood vessels in your healing stomach contracting. Poor blood supply = poor healing. Ultimately, it may lead to staple line issues..

This. Everything vasoconstrictive is bad for wound healing.

The problem with vaping is the chemical additives that give it "flavour" considered carcinogenic.

No, sorry... there are none of those chemicals in vaping liquid. The base liquid is either vegetable glycerin or propelyne glycol (both are food grade) and the flavoring is all food grade as well (same flavorings they use for drinks, candies, etc... you can look them up, most are made by a company called Capellas). The only thing in there that is really bad for you is the nicotine and technically, not all vapers use a Fluid with nicotine in it... many use 0 nicotine at all.

That being said, if your liquid has nicotine, that is a no-no pre-surgery... step it back or cut the nicotine entirely... (most likely, your favorite flavor is made nicotine free as well).

I gave up vaping 0 nicotine strength liquids the day before surgery and just never went back to vaping... the only thing I'd really worry about is if you are a heavy vaper, that's a lot of Water vapor in your lungs right after a surgery ... and after surgery is a known time for lung issues involving fluid to occur... so if you can completely give it up... at least for a few weeks... you're better off IMO :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

I quit smoking 2 years ago. I used to vape constantly but now only a few times per day, 0% nicotine liquid. I vaped prior to surgery. I didnt in the time i was in hospital after surgery. I havent noticed any issues but couldnt tell you if i would be healing faster if i hadnt.

Sent from my SM-G935F using the BariatricPal App

You can find any opinion you want on any subject that you search for on the Internet.

Scientific testing on vaping liquids has NOT been done, therefore there are NO actual facts regarding vaping available like there is for other products that have had years or decades of testing.

My information is based on the fact that my husband makes vaping liquid... so I know EXACTLY what goes into the liquid and (other than nicotine) it is ALL food grade substances that are safe for human usage / consumption.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

You can find any opinion you want on any subject that you search for on the Internet.

Scientific testing on vaping liquids has NOT been done, therefore there are NO actual facts regarding vaping available like there is for other products that have had years or decades of testing.

My information is based on the fact that my husband makes vaping BariatricPal App

True for the most part, but this is a Harvard study. Believe me I hope a clean solution is found, I enjoy vaping too but it's not worth the risk to me. Then again I don't know how the risk would compare to smoking regular cigarettes, I'm not a smoker so it's not an issue for me. End of the day we all have to do what makes us comfortable, good luck with whatever you decide to do.