Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to this whole thing!

Really spend time researching and reading about the surgery, how you need to care for yourself afterwards, what each food stage is and how to make this a long term sucess story. Prepare for coming home by having things in so you don't have to go shopping. Have support arranged for when you get home. Keep busy, the pre op diet isn't easy to do, so keep your mind and body busy.

Not too long now!! Exciting times :)

Kate

I am also new to this. Surgery 12 jan 2017. Starting on normal foods, but everything comes out very quickly no vomitting just a lot of toilet running. Does this happen to others? Will it stop?

Sent from my SM-G900I using the BariatricPal App

Be excited! Read and try many options. Information! As for the bathroom - I urinated more but limited dairy to reduce the other - no easy task but their are enough soy Protein sources available. Also I kept my medical team at the top of my text list !

Stella

Congrats on ur surgery, natasha82. Always remember that everyone has a different experience post surgery and unless you feel really sick or lots of pain (thats when u talk to ur doctor).. u need not worry.

Sent from my SM-G935F using the BariatricPal App

Congrats to you!!! The pre-op diet phase was not easy but it'll fly by,I had my sleeve done on 1/30( Monday) in the early am and started walking that night in hospital halls,it helped alot,even went home following day...so walk if you can and follow advice of Dr and staff. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

Congratulations! I'm going this Thursday. Can't wait to join the losers bench!

I have been arranging things at home to be easily accessible, stocked up on Protein, shakes, Jello and Vitamins.

Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Me too. Only one more day.
Drink lots of no calorie, no carbonation and no caffeine drinks. I drink right around 100oz a day. You will spend lots of time in the bathroom.
This really helped me with hunger issues. Protien, protien and eat more protien. Before pre-op diet I had premier Protein shake for Breakfast. Protien lunch and Protein and veggies dinner. Eat Breakfast. This was a biggie for me. When I discovered shakes I was so happy. I use a small amount of a protien shake for Creamer in my coffee. Pratice eating small bites and chewing lots. No Fluid drinking with food. Wait 30 minutes to drink after eating This one was a little tough for me.
I wasn't perfect but I did make a concious effort to Pratice for post-op.
I hope it pays off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using the BariatricPal App

Hello everyone! I am scheduled for the sleeve on Feb 21st. I'm also in my pre-op diet right now. It's not easy but I know I have to do it. I'll be 60 in May and am so ready to have a great birthday with less of me[emoji5] I weighed 284 last week at my doctors pre-op appt but I have been as high as 292. and I'm 5'5". I'm very excited, nervous, hopeful, anxious and scared[emoji51]. I'm so tired of losing the same 45ish lbs over and over with every known diet to only gain it back and then some. It seems like I'd lose that 45 and start back to old habits so I've never lost more than that on any diet
I wish & pray for everyone the best on their journey. [emoji1317] I look forward to reading everyone's experiences.

I was sleeved Dec. 19th and have lost 45 lbs so far. My best advice is, beware of the 3 week stall! Right at 3 weeks I stalled for 3 weeks!! After doing some research, I found that it is a very common occurrence. I wish I would have know ahead of time. Good luck!!