Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a date (less than a month from now) and I am so excited and a bit nervous.

I have searched all over this site for individuals who were sleeved at 31 or 32 BMI. Where are all of you? I would love to know how you have progressed. How is the loss when you started with less?

Thank you for your support.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Good luck with your surgery. I think we all go through the nervous stage (combination of fear, and happiness and is going under anesthesia worth it?). But... I would do it again in a flash . Two and a half month out. Losing slowly. Stalling sometimes. But I would have never lost the weight so easily without this surgery. Down almost 16 kilos. And hoping for more. Grateful every day

Hi @@stayingyoung, I was sleeved Dec 2nd with a lower BMI (insurance would not cover me) but, I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes. I have lost 21 lbs since then so, it averages about 2.5 lbs a week, faster in the beginning and a stall at about 4weeks. I have to fight for every pound. I'm working out every day, watching everything I put in my mouth and the weight loss is slow. That being said, I couldn't lose the weight on my own and am happy for what I have lost. I will continue to follow my plan and I know the weight will come off in time, just slower than others.

My BMI was 31ish when I was sleeved, after losing a bit in the preop diet. I've lost about 30 pounds since being sleeved on 9/21/16. Some days it feels painfully slow. I struggled a lot during the first month or 2 when I was watching people sleeved at the same time dropping lots of weight while I was feeling like I was standing still. I am struggling now again. I have only lost about 5 pounds since Christmas. But the trend is still down, so I'm trying to stay positive.

Things that help:

I've spent most of my adult life as a 14/16/18 and now I'm comfortable in 10/12 (really, edging toward 10s). That doesn't sound like much, but it FEELS great. I used to wear XL/XXL tops. Now I'm wearing mostly mediums. MEDIUM!!!

I have discovered I have huge hipbones. LOL

I used to drag myself up the stairs, now I bounce.

In general, things are just easier.

No regrets.

Edited by Hellya

Just got sleeved with Dr Garcia at Tijuana Bariatrics 1/17/17. I was just barely at 30 BMI. I've lost 13 pounds since surgery. I just hit the 3 week stall everyone talks about. Same weight for 3 days, down 0.3 lb today. I lost 5 inches off my waist already. Too soon to give you much info. I am very pleased with the experience.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@hellya-thanks for reminding me about the lost inches!! When I started on this journey my waist was 41 inches around and is now 36 inches, I went from a 38DD to a 36D-woohoo! So when I stalled I did lose inches. No regrets here either!

I was sleeved on 11/22 with BMI of 32. Now down a bit over 40lbs, BMI 27, and about 15lbs to normal BMI. I recovered extremely easily, only difficult time for me was first two days (hard to get in all fluids). I have absolutely no regrets, was self-pay, and would do it again in a heartbeat. I had very minimal pain.

My BMI was about 32 when I was sleeved (although it was 42 at its maximum several years ago). Apart from the first 2 weeks when I lost very fast, my weight loss averaged out at 1lb per week for the first 6 months (including my stall at 2 weeks) which I think many people would be horrified by. However I am now at BMI 25.5 and feeling great. Weight loss has slowed right down but I think that's not really surprising.

So if you don't lose fast, don't panic. Just stick to the plan, eat sensibly and it will come off. I didn't really know what to expect so I just did what I was asked as much as I could and feel amazing now.

Best of luck.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Hi stayingyoung! I just had surgery on 1/27 in Tijuana with Dr. Maytorena. By the time surgery came around my BMI was around 29-30. I am so happy with my decision! I think bc we have lower bmi we bounce back faster. I'm not even 2 weeks out and I feel completely healed (minus being a little tired).
If you have any questions or need anyone to talk to feel free to message me!
Best of luck!!

BMI was 33 - the bare minimum for my insurance to cover. ins approved weight 212.5. Surgery day 12/16 weight: 198.5; Current weight 177 - so 35 weight loss. Seems like not a lot, but on my body it is a huge difference. If you want to feel better, go by percentage of weight loss or BMI numbers. My BMI is now 28+. No longer obese, now overweight. it is a tedious process, focusing on healthy living. I also had a hiatal hernia repair and my gallbladder removed. I only stayed one night in the hospital and was able to keep down liquids the whole time. I have had no great side effects except for my last mammogram - said my breasts changed (well of course they did!). Good Luck, just keep looking forward and don't look back.

Good luck to you. I was about a 32 bmi when I was sleeved 4+ years ago. I was at goal at 7 months, I think. I was below goal and not that healthy looking at about a year. Be careful at about 2 1/2 years out. It's very easy to start gaining again. I got 25 lbs over my goal weight (almost 40 over my lowest) but I'm now back on track and losing again. Only 11 more to get back to goal. I hope this helps! No regrets for me at all!

I had low BMI as well sleeved 1/25, I follow my doctors orders to the max. I also had a hernia fixed. I drink my fluids but my biggest struggle is the Protein factor! I try my hardest but almost impossible. Everything I try I taste the supplements! I know there is no magic cure ! I only wish they would come up with Protein Shots !! Good luck all

I had BMI of around 32, sleeved on 26th Sept 16. I've lost 20 kilos to date. Met my goal, but have now moved my goal weight down so have another 5 kilos to go. I'Ve felt all along I've lost slowly. Yet here I am only 4 1/2 months out and not that far away from goal. I have had no issues at all. Only positives. Best thing I ever did!

Hi, have you had your surgery? My BMI is right at 30 and my date is 04/11/17! I can not wait. It has always been hard or impossible for me to stay at a healthy weight! I can not wait to hear how you are doing.