Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just so confused...

I'm having a hard time understanding what's happening. So I had my surgery on 10/24. After surgery I rapidly lost 40 lbs but developed a horrible stricture that caused me 2 hospital stays and stretching.

The last stricture correction was on 12/30 in which I gained 8 lbs due to fluids and meds. After 3 weeks I was able to lose 10 lbs but am now stuck at 208 lbs. I am now able to eat and keep some foods down and even started the gym but have not seen any weight lose in the last 3 weeks.

I'm starting to freak out and not wanting food as I'm scared I'm gaining all my weight back. What am I doing wrong. I track everything on my fitness pal. Am barely getting 40-50 grams of Protein and less than 700 calories. I can't due Protein shakes and my dr is aware.I just had my 3 month follow up and my dr said I'm ahead in my weight lose but no movement in 3 weeks. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

From what I read Protein plays an important role. Maybe try increasing your Protein. ie unflavored Protein powder mixed in with some foods.

As was said above, you proablly need to up your Protein intake. Also make sure you are getting enough fluids in. It is common to stall. Also protien really does play a huge help in your weight loss. If you don't take in enough your body thinks it is in starveation mode. A great Protein that has no flavor and can be added to anything is GENEPRO it is the only one I have found that has no flavor and won't change the taste or texture of whatever you add it too. Good Luck

you're just in a stall. Stick to your program and it will pass. Your Protein *is* a little low, though - most RNY patients are supposed to get a minimum of 60 grams.

Hi, we had our surgery on the same day :) do not worry about the stalls, they're totally normal. Weight gain sometimes as well, during menstrual cycle is normal too. Even if you are eating, you are only getting 1/2 of that in because the rest is being bypassed (where they got the name from). So it's double penetration toward weight loss since not only are we eating small amounts, our bodies aren't even absorbing all of what we put in...which is why it's so important too to take our Vitamins everyday. Let's keep in touch! You are doing great.

You need to make sure you are getting enough Protein and all your fluids - especially if you are working out a lot. My Protein target is 70 - 90.

This is not like the diets you followed in the past. You must eat and drink to lose weight. Protein is very important because your body will take from your muscles instead of fat if it doesn't get enough protein.

I feel you... However, it's about adapting to the change we all made when we chose the weightloss surgery. Our body is not nor will it ever be the same. Learn as much as you can and embrace the choice you've made. Then and only then will you enjoy the journey/course you're on for the rest of your life.

Sent from my SM-J700P using the BariatricPal App

I'm 2 weeks post op and don't even get in 10g Protein a day [emoji17] I have an appt tomorrow. Just be glad you're getting what you are

Once I moved on to soft foods, which for me included canned chicken or tuna with a little light mayo, low fat cheese, and some other easy to digest foods, meeting my Protein goals was no longer a chore.

Ugh I'm really freaking out now. I have been at a stall for 4 weeks and I gain 4 lbs. I'm getting to the point that food is an enemy and I don't want it. I hit the gym everyday and when I weigh myself I breakdown in tears. I see my Nut tomorrow and I'm sure she is going to be pissed at me. I have literally tracked everything I put in my mouth. Along with the food I end up throwing up. This is scaring me now. How can I gain 5 lbs. I don't ever want to go back to being as big as I have been. My friends who have had this surgery have had great results. What am I doing wrong.

I developed 2 infections , gluten intolerance and a gastric ulcer after my 10/ 28/ 16 surgery. 200 pds is my goal weight lol. Don't worry about it. All things will pass.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using the BariatricPal App

@sgaddarich,

It sounds like you're not getting in enough Protein or fluids. Your body is going into starvation mode. Especially working out every day. Your body needs even more protein and hydration when you're working out. To get it out of starvation mode, your body needs food. Your NUT should not be upset with you after you explain what you are doing. He/she should be able to help you get back on track.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App