Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two weeks post op and gaining?

I'm 10 days post op and was doing great! Got off clear liquid diet Wednesday and have gained 3lbs in 3 days. I've actually increased my exercise. I'm walking at least 1 mile/day (yesterday was 1.5 mikes) and I've been able to increase my Protein to 60grams since getting on full liquid diet.

I didn't think this would bother me, but couldn't sleep thinking I'm doing something wrong. Has anyone else experienced this? My calorie intake is still under 500.

Surgery date 1/18/17

Height 5'9"

HW 270

SW 252

Lowest post surgery 243.5

CW 247

Georgette

Sent from my iPhone

In the beginning, I lost like 18lbs and then I gained 5 and hit the 3 week stall. It all came off. Head down, nose to the grind stone, it will all be ok.

What?? I am not going through this torture to gain weight...I will be PISSED if I gain anything! Beginning to think I made a huge mistake....

@@barrel racer again

Put the scales away for a week, stick to what you are doing and then get weighed at the end of the week. Stalls are annoying and screw with your head but most of us go through them. You just need to keep your eye on the prize

@daisy63. : Having WLS isnt the answer. You can put all the weight back on and more if you don't stick to the guidelines. The sleve is a tool you work with and if you do it the right way, it can be an amazing life changing thing.

Good luck to both of you :)

Kate

I get the tool...but a tablespoon or teaspoon or even a 1/4 cup of food should not cause ANY weight gain..if it does then thats a problem.

I could shoot myself for not asking the Dr. if a smaller stomach means I will gain on way less food....

@@daisy63

There is a difference between gaining fat and weight fluctuations. If you are following your plan exactly, you won't gain fat, you'll burn it. But there are going to be temporary weight fluctuations due to a myriad of things -- Water, Constipation, hormonal issues, etc. It is a fact of life in weight loss -- surgery or not.

There are a lot of people on here who have had a lot of success. You can, too, if you devote yourself 100% to what your doctor has asked you to do.

Good luck!

@"daisy63"

After I posted this, I read a few other posts and I realized that I really do need to put the scale away. I wholeheartedly believe the sleeve is a tool and if I keep doing what is recommended, it will all work out.

It's going to be ok. I'll keep you in my prayers, which I need to remind myself that God is in control if I let him be.

God bless you on this journey. Stay positive and keep us posted. You're going to be fine. :)

Georgette

Sent from my iPhone

It's most likely Water retention, as your body is still coping. Salt in your food will also affect Water retention..

Sent from my SM-N900P using the BariatricPal App

I'm six weeks out. I also gained in the first few weeks. Now the pounds are dropping off. Hang in there!

I am almost 3 weeks post op and of course, stalled for a few days when I advanced to purée. But I have a fat percentage on my scale and even though I haven't lost in 5 days...my fat percentage is dropping a little. <sigh>

Give your self a break, and put away the scale. Your body is still healing so it is going to be out of wack for a while. You'll gain, you'll lose, you'll stall. Embrace the stall!! It will break. You'll drive yourself insane if you weigh every day. Put it away, and let yourself heal. Then after that, start to weigh yourself again.