Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Just a quick question - the past 2 nights I have been getting a pain in my left shoulder. Is that likely to be the gas (11 days post op)? Does it feel like cramp? Thought I had got away with it!:tt1:

Hi sammy im over 9 weeks post op and get this pain in my shoulder near on every day, it always seems worse at night.. i think it must be a build up of trapped wind from through out the day. Welcome to us windies lol x :w00t:

Hi fatpants i took my stockings off 7 days post op (they were doing my head in) my dressings i changed every other day and after about 10 days i left them off.. i stayed on liquids for the 2weeks and them started on mushy food eg broccoli, carrots (mashed) small piece of salmon and a bit of gravy.. it was so nice after not eating for weeks, the white thing on your tongue i dont know what that is.. maybe 1 of the other bansters has had it x

Hi everyone, I'm back at last.

The last few weeks have been so hectic, with my poor Mum in hospital and my youngest daughter going to Oz for 12 months.

My daughter went on Monday evening, but my Mum is still in hospital, they are saying she may not walk again and will have to go into a residential home.:w00t:

My weight doesnt seem to be moving and yet my clothes feel looser.

They do say you can lose inches and not pounds dont they.

I think I can blame this partially on my not smoking, its almost 4 weeks now.

At last my tummy is not so sore, and dont let that put you pre-bandsters off, I had one band removed and a new one put in as the old band was leaking, so it was a sort of double op, pain-wise.

Sammy you poor thing, that wind pain is a nightmare, but mine was easily cured with just one Remegel, and it never came back.

I know I've missed so many posts and the latest news and also newbies, but will try to catch up somehow.

I hope everyone is good :tt1:

Hi Freckles

So glad you are back.

Poor you saying goodbye to your daughter for 12 months. I am sure the time will fly by. She won't recognise you when she gets home! I hope you poor mum gets sorted out soon, I am sure she will feel a bit better when she gets the stability she needs. Just hang on in there honey x

Good news your clothes are feeling looser. It is better to lose inches over weight for sure. I think I am losing quite a bit of Fluid as my rings and watch are looser. I have lost about 11 lbs so far. I didn't get to weigh in the day before the op as we left for Belgium a week before. I am starting to get really hungry now but trying to be good! It's difficult as you can't just go and grab some fruit when you feel peckish!

Hi everyone, I'm back at last.

The last few weeks have been so hectic, with my poor Mum in hospital and my youngest daughter going to Oz for 12 months.

My daughter went on Monday evening, but my Mum is still in hospital, they are saying she may not walk again and will have to go into a residential home.:w00t:

My weight doesnt seem to be moving and yet my clothes feel looser.

They do say you can lose inches and not pounds dont they.

I think I can blame this partially on my not smoking, its almost 4 weeks now.

At last my tummy is not so sore, and dont let that put you pre-bandsters off, I had one band removed and a new one put in as the old band was leaking, so it was a sort of double op, pain-wise.

Sammy you poor thing, that wind pain is a nightmare, but mine was easily cured with just one Remegel, and it never came back.

I know I've missed so many posts and the latest news and also newbies, but will try to catch up somehow.

I hope everyone is good :tt1:

Hi freckles, nice to see you back!..youve had a bit of a time of it over the last few weeks havent you..we have been thinking about you though, and hope your mum is comfortable and has all her medications sorted out bless her. that year that your daughter is in oz will fly and shell see a new slimmer mum on her return!.glad your less sore, your op was obviously going to be bit more complicated than ours..but glad your on the mend. your not the only one who hasnt lost anything lately!..theres a lot of us at a standstill..hope we can all start moving again soon!..when will you get your first fill? x

Welcome back freckles you have been missed, i have missed all the great animation pics you put up. Im so sorry to hear about your mum.. and your daughter going, you have had so much to cope with these past weeks. Im glad your on the mend yourself and you know we are all here for you x

Hi sammy im over 9 weeks post op and get this pain in my shoulder near on every day, it always seems worse at night.. i think it must be a build up of trapped wind from through out the day. Welcome to us windies lol x :tt1:

yes sammy, mines exactly the same too! think it will ease off. i get it at night when i have eaten bigger meal and then just sat down and done nothing really..maybe eating bigger meal earlier and then maybe having a walk will help it on its downward journey....and take the wind with it?!..youll have to get a couple of dogs to walk then sit by you on the settee at night like i do!! they come in usefull for summat, and ones not enough for that trapped wind..lol! x

Hi sammy im over 9 weeks post op and get this pain in my shoulder near on every day, it always seems worse at night.. i think it must be a build up of trapped wind from through out the day. Welcome to us windies lol x :blink:

Thanks Wishful - yeah I seem to have had it the past 2 nights and could hardly lift my fork! :tt1:

Does it feel like cramp?!

I thought that I'd got rid of all the wind out of the other end!!! :w00t:

yes sammy, mines exactly the same too! think it will ease off. i get it at night when i have eaten bigger meal and then just sat down and done nothing really..maybe eating bigger meal earlier and then maybe having a walk will help it on its downward journey....and take the wind with it?!..youll have to get a couple of dogs to sit by you on the settee at night like i do!! they come in usefull for summat! x

I've got 2 cats and a baby so I've got plenty of victims to blame the wind on!! It wasn't me! :tt1: :w00t:

Garry your gonna be inundated with us all wanting you to do this for us!!. i will ask you to do it for me when you have a free appointment! x

its my pleasure just send over info and i will do it via PM

Gx

animatedbettywithpuppyinheartthankU.gif

my dear friends, for all your kindness, I have so missed all your banter, its been hard with all my other mod jobs and my own board too.

But everyone on those boards think I have had my gall bladder removed cos apparently its a similar op, so that's what to tell people, you unbanded chicks and guys.

I will have to sort the ticker out for myself asap.

Thanks Wishful - yeah I seem to have had it the past 2 nights and could hardly lift my fork! :tt1:

Does it feel like cramp?!

I thought that I'd got rid of all the wind out of the other end!!! :w00t:

Yeh it does, i thought the pain was to do with me breaking my collar bone years ago.. no such look. I have e-mailed frederik to ask if there is a reason for it, its everyday im getting trapped wind and nearly every eve that i get the pain in my shoulder, once i hear from him i'll let you know what he say's. Poor baby and cat they are going to get a lot of blame lol :blink: x

Sweetheart, have you tried Remegel?

You just dont need to suffer like that its a blinkin nightmare isnt it.

My first fill is about 7th April as my surgeon is away on holiday.

Mine will be done in Manchester , I get 2 free ones, bless Michael, he offered Manchester instead of Southampton as he knows its a hike for me to get down south.

I'm going to mail him this week to find out if he's heard from the manufacturer about the examination of my faulty band.

I do hope your wind pains go soon girlies xx

I think iv tried everything except remegel, i'll go down the chemist and get some, anything is worth a try x

I think iv tried everything except remegel, i'll go down the chemist and get some, anything is worth a try x

i know its the opposite end but a mild laxitive done the trick for me

Gx