Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi freckles how much fill did your daughter have in before she had to have some taken out, iv only got 5ml at the min and i know next month i will only get about 1ml if im lucky x

Hi freckles i think i'll have to book long haul holidays then lol, that will please dave x

yes wishfull, i asked my fill nurse and she said it definatly swells your band up with the cabin pressure (have you ever took bag of crisps or sweets on plane and seen what the bag looks like mid flight? like it will explode!)..and if your going on a flight of over 4 hours you must go for unfill before you fly.. and on that note.. think i best get booking some flights to usa in that case!...will need to be flying around for few weeks to get some restriction! x

Phew - Ok, thanks for that Freckles. I also read something about a Dr. Bilemans or something like that - he says that banding is the most unsuccessful of surgery options - and then other people rate it highly. If the op only cost £50 then it wouldn't be so much of a worry, but unfortunately not!

Thats fantastic about your daughter! Well done her - how long did it take her to lose that amount? Did she follow any diet with the band? Do you have to diet or is it just that you can't eat? Can you explain why the hunger doesnt go away?

So, did you have Dr De Bruyne? When did you have it done and whats the story on the fills? Why are they so important? Please tell me everything.... :-)

I'm really sorry about all the questions but I just want to make sure this is the right option for me before I call them back. :lol:

Thanks so much.

Lisa

x

hello and welcome lisa..i think the other members have told you just about everything about how band works..it is still hard work and you do still have to diet...but the band reminds you if you eat too much or too quick basicly..andd keeps you on the straight and narrow....and stops you from putting it all back on again after..so you know that your not going to put a stone or two on every decade like me...i suppose i could have took 10-15 years off my life if i hadnt had this done cos i would have continued putting it on, and would have ended up with diabetes in 5-10 years (i was pre diabetic anyway) so i see this as preventative surgery really for my future health, good luck with your decision..no one who has had it done says they wished they hadnt!..and freckles has even had it done twice, she loved it that much! x

Dr Chris confirmed, that long haul flights increase in the pressure in the band, and recommends an unfill, plus you must have an unfill if your intend scuba diving. So freckles the master himself agrees with you, so you've been right all along.

Freckles when is your daughters baby due, my daughter baby due mid Oct, and so far has not needed an unfill but her weight is being monitored closely by spire surgeon, he wants her to put on 2LB each month, other wise he will insist on unfill. Her target total gain is to be 1st. Sian has lost a total of 4st since her baand and now has a bmi of 26. This is all so exciting.

Woop Woop first fill tomorrow with Chris Duprez in Newport, do you pay in euros or sterling and does anyone know how much, I was so excited to get an appointment after waiting over 6 weeks that I forgot to ask.

Hey how is everyone doing now i havnt really been on this few days after my little complaining session so just a wee update im back down and have a extra few lb off im down 5st 9lbs now so i think i should make my easter target of 6stone i was shopping yesterday and again today im addicted to buying now and i know i shouldnt be cos i want another 2.5stone off but i just dont know myself been able to get normal clothes i OFFICIALLY wil never go to evens again my skin crawls when i think of it over priced bad quailty and horrible fitting clothes im sure we'l all be glad to see the back of that shop

Wishful, I dont really know as all the bands are different sizes, in that they all hold different amounts. It depends what manufacturer the surgeon uses.

But I will ask her as soon as she gets home in a couple of hours.

She hasnt had a fill since April last year I know that for sure, cos we went together to the Manchester X-ray, when I found out the very next day that mine had leaked back out.:lol:

Mmm, thank God for that, that anaesthetist in the Spire more or less told me I was an idiot, because I told him that was the best restriction I had ever experienced with the faulty band. So he was wrong!!!

So my band must have been leaking for a long time before I really knew for sure dont you think?

Rachel's baby is due on 4th September but she is booked in for a C-section 2 weeks before as this is her 3rd child.

Her pelvic bones overlap so she could never have a normal birth.

Has Sian any other kiddies?

This is Sians first, I am so pleased for her she has had a really difficult past 2 years but is now looking forward to this exciting time

Well done flirty, I never doubted you'd bounce back a good shopping spree is just the thing to get me remotivated as well. I went out today to look for a wedding outfit for next August when my nephew is getting married, but unfortunatly I looked like uncle Fester in everything I tried on, so I'll wait awhile and see if the weight starts to shift after my fill.

Ah mmm you'l defo be able to pick up something nice closer to the wedding i spent about a hour in a shop trying on dresses today not that i was buying one or needed one but just because i could lol but i got some nice white linen trousers and denim ones nice and comfy for the good weather even though i really hope they dont fit me for too long lol but yeah im same as u i hope my weight wil drop after my fill next week im just so shocked my weight dropped so much cos i was up more than half stone and now i have a extra 4lb off so im delighted this weight and band is very unpridictable lol

I know its off-topic but I thought you might like to see these pics of the surprise leaving party for my daughter and her boyfriend last saturday.

These are mine didnt have time to take many, I am waiting for Rachel's.

The first few were taken in the afternoon, before the party, if you're wondering why there's not much food :lol:

20090321_94.jpg

20090321_93.jpg

20090321_95.jpg

20090321_92.jpg

20090321_91.jpg

20090321_82-1.jpg

20090321_83.jpg

20090321_80.jpg

20090321_81-resized.jpg

20090321_81-resized.jpg

Edited by Freckles
all pics messed up...sorry

My 2 daughters are in the 6th piccy the middle one Sarah, who's now gone on her travels and my eldest daughter Rachel the one on the left, (both with long blonde hair) who has a band and is pregnant.

Sarah's boyfriend is on the left of the pic with Rachel and her fella on the right.

I am in the last one, can you spot me?