Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hi all

everyone is very qiet this weekend hope your all well. As you know i got my first fill on thursday however i have done the 2 days Soup thing and low and behold, NAE restriciton however i guessed that would be the case as it was my first. I have just had toast so i would say that is confirmed, no restriction. Cannot get an appointment for april as its full and as he had problems finding port due to hematoma he does not think its a good idea that i go to freferick or his other assistant until its clear to see where the port is, so it look like i am going to go to belgium for it so he can use the unltrasound, he mentioned to me that the first one is free so i will mail him and find out. I have also heard that you can do a fill and come back the next day and get a little more does anyone know if this is true.

Gx

Hi there

What a pain over the fills eh? Yes I was told if you go to Belgium for the fills you can have double i.e. one the day you arrive and then the following morning and I think they only charge 50 euro (probably per fill). I think it was Frederick that told me the night before the op.

When did you first try toast? I'm still on liquids and those dutch toast things! Mushies in a few days time - any suggestions beyond the obvious mash potatoes/carrots/swedes, porridge, scrambled eggs etc?

I must be on the mend - been to an animal park place today but no Sunday lunch out for Mothering Sunday! A bowl of soup wouldn't cut the mustard when roast beef is on offer!!

Mand and Mandy your op dates will soon come around.

As for suggestions for the low fat diet I just tried to stay off things with anything more than 4g of fat in 100g but it went a bit wrong as we went to Bruges/Brussels for a week before the op! It was hard eating out to always judge what you were eating (ordered extra veg and them being covered in butter!!)

As for things to take out there get yourself some smooth cup a Soups, some juice, calpol 6+ or lemsip for the paracetamol (the ones they give you in hospital are nasty!!), rennies for if you get trapped wind, energy tablets (dextro/luzocade) and some loose comfy clothes!!

welcome back home to this weeks new bandsters, you all seem to be doing great!.thats a good idea about the lemsip to get the paracetamol down! :smile:Garry how is your lump today?..its prob a good idea you going over to belgium for double fill and letting chris see to you under ultrasound..can see whats going off better then..is it painfull?..im still getting some pain around my port as if it is stitched in too tight, it seems to be getting better now tho..but every now and then ill stretch or bend or sleep on it funny and it will so dig in..im told it will go tho as i lose the weight. :unsure:wishfull..i still get that pain in my shoulder when i have eaten too quickly too..strange that? :smile:Prebandsters on the pre op diet, yes its just low fat diet mainly you are trying to follow to shrink your liver. hope everyones had a good weekend anyway, and you mothers...have you just had a little choccy treat like me?!, dont say im alone?! :crying: x

hi gillian, hope you enjoyed your choc.. i was good and didnt have any. Im going to mention 2 frederik this wind problem i have.. i dont think its to do with what im eating, or eating to quick, im getting it after i drink as well, everyday i have to take something to ease it, just glad its coming up and not down lol x

hi gillian, hope you enjoyed your choc.. i was good and didnt have any. Im going to mention 2 frederik this wind problem i have.. i dont think its to do with what im eating, or eating to quick, im getting it after i drink as well, everyday i have to take something to ease it, just glad its coming up and not down lol x

i found that the wind in the shoulder eased a little but for a couple of weeks i still got a strange wind like gurgling sensation, it was not sore just a little strange, i also got it if i had not eaten for 4-5 hours.

Gx

I only get the pain in the shoulder if the wind is stubborn and wont shift or if i dont take anything to help it go.. i get it every time i have something to eat or drink, my partner says he read somewhere that it is normal after having the band to get all this extra wind.. i never used to get wind before i had the band fitted x

I only get the pain in the shoulder if the wind is stubborn and wont shift or if i dont take anything to help it go.. i get it every time i have something to eat or drink, my partner says he read somewhere that it is normal after having the band to get all this extra wind.. i never used to get wind before i had the band fitted x

yes , bigsister said shed read that too..i still get that same shoulder pain, and it hurts in my sinusus aswell..dunno why?!.but its when i have ate too much or too quick. think its just trapped wind cos its hard to get from your big stomach back through to the little stomach..i cant burp at all, and thats just what the pain feels like...like i need a great big burp!..like ive just drunk can of coke thro a straw!. hope your doing well apart from that?...Im stood still again..hope third fill next week does summat x

Hi Guys' & Doll's, Hi wishfull sorry to hear your still having trouble with wind did you email Frederick about it, i myself was going to email him every time i eat something about half hour later im getting a strange feeling in my throat its a bit scary you feel you have to keep swallowing to keep your throat moist its like your throat is going to close over maybe just panicking myself has anyone had this feeling also getting very nassua,today is my 17 days post op still taking it very slow what i eat anyone to put my mind at ease:confused:

Wellcome back new bandster's hope your all doing ok:smile:

Hi Gary, hope your ok a bit of an ordeal for you your right to go to Belgium to get it sorted and have the ultra sound a bit of a pain but it will be worth it lol:smile:

Hi Guys' & Doll's, Hi wishfull sorry to hear your still having trouble with wind did you email Frederick about it, i myself was going to email him every time i eat something about half hour later im getting a strange feeling in my throat its a bit scary you feel you have to keep swallowing to keep your throat moist its like your throat is going to close over maybe just panicking myself has anyone had this feeling also getting very nassua,today is my 17 days post op still taking it very slow what i eat anyone to put my mind at ease:confused:

Wellcome back new bandster's hope your all doing ok:smile:

Hi Gary, hope your ok a bit of an ordeal for you your right to go to Belgium to get it sorted and have the ultra sound a bit of a pain but it will be worth it lol:smile:

i think that feeling will pass over the next two weeks shoes. just make sure you have enough to drink and try sucking on sugar free Gummy sweets inbetween meals, it keeps your throat from getting too dry..you can get them from supermarkets, boots etc x

i think that feeling will pass over the next two weeks shoes. just make sure you have enough to drink and try sucking on sugar free Gummy sweets inbetween meals, it keeps your throat from getting too dry..you can get them from supermarkets, boots etc x

Thanks Gillian, i e-mailed Frederick i was starting to get a bit panicky about it you think your throat is going to close over:w00t: he said to go back on liquids for 2 days eat very slowly he said tissue is still swollen it should settle down,hope i hav'ent scared anybody:smile:

Thanks Gillian, i e-mailed Frederick i was starting to get a bit panicky about it you think your throat is going to close over:w00t: he said to go back on liquids for 2 days eat very slowly he said tissue is still swollen it should settle down,hope i hav'ent scared anybody:smile:

hes right, we cant feel anything,as there are few or no nerves in the stomach (i was told!) so we feel fine and start to eat again, its prob just a bit of a warning that its not healed totally yet. it was about 5 weeks before i felt it was totally healed and i could eat for england again!...its then when you need a fill very quickly, so we dont go backwards! hope its feeling ok soon tho, maybe milky drinks would lubricate your throat for a bit longer, so it wasnt uncomfortable, i dunno,worth a try?! x

Hi shoes i havnt emailed frederik i was just going to mention it when i next go for a fill, i dont think its how quick im eating (like i originally thought), iv tried eating slow, tried sipping fluids and its still the same. i still only have actimel drink for Breakfast, cup a Soup for lunch and then a healthy tea.. i dont eat in between meals. Hope you get sorted out 2.. keep to fluids and see how you get on. x

Hi gillian i dont get any pain in my sinuses and i can burp 4 britain every time i have something to eat or drink. My weight is still stuck and not moving anywhere just cant wait for my next fill and hope it kick starts it again although i didnt lose any after my last fill x

:frown:

Hi tanya i have been stuck on the 2 stone mark for weeks.. i cant wait to get into another stone, my next fill is april 6th in manchester and you dont feel any pain, you can feel the Fluid going in, it doesnt hurt its just a bit of a weird feeling. Im 14 stone now so probably another 4 stone would be nice to lose. x

Hi.. well two weeks post 3rd fill only lost 1 st 4ibs in total.. nothing at all since last fill!!.. which, I'm really quite surprised cos I have tried cutting down.. can still eat lots!!..

as for wind..I stil get pains in my shoulder especially if I have nt eaten for a while or if I eat out.. I'm getting used to it.. try massaging the affected area.. it seems to help me..

am booking my fill for april ..want to travel together?

Hi shoes i havnt emailed frederik i was just going to mention it when i next go for a fill, i dont think its how quick im eating (like i originally thought), iv tried eating slow, tried sipping fluids and its still the same. i still only have actimel drink for breakfast, cup a Soup for lunch and then a healthy tea.. i dont eat in between meals. Hope you get sorted out 2.. keep to fluids and see how you get on. x

Hi Wishfull, i email-ed Frederick he answered me straight away far play to him put my mind at ease,be know harm to e-mail him see what he thinks,i read somewhere you still have to try and get enough calories in even on liquids to lose weight maybe your not getting enough cals in,i seem to have come to a stand still i think im only having about 500-800 cals maybe this is where we are going wrong, its mad when we over eat we know the result but when you are not eating very much you expect to loss not far but im sure it will soon start to move it has to lol:sad:

i found that the wind in the shoulder eased a little but for a couple of weeks i still got a strange wind like gurgling sensation, it was not sore just a little strange, i also got it if i had not eaten for 4-5 hours.

Gx

Hi Garry. I get that gurgling/bubbling sensation in my throat, have not had proper burp since surgery and presume this is what happens instead! When I have been for both fills, have found it particularly happens straight afterwards when you have to have a drink of Water to make sure everything is ok. Can't say I've noticed it when I haven't eaten for a while tho. Bigsis x