Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

I feel really left out, i dont get any pain, or even uncomfortable at any time, its as if I have'nt had anything done. I can eat, and want to eat just as I did pre op. Roll on Friday for my first fill. And then I can join in with the conversations.

Hi All

Here is a wee helping hand to calculating how many calories you should eat to loose the amount of pound per week that you would like. I found this (once i got my head round it) invaluable in understanding weight loss. One you have you BMR (basic metabolic rate) this is the ammount of calories you need to eat in a day to stay the weight you are, if you want to loose 1 pound per week then you need to be 500 calories less per day over 7 days to loose this.You will need a calculator to do this, give it a bash its helpful. I will go through mine so you can see the calculation and hopefully understand.

Women and men have different calcultaions so be sure to read calculation formulas below, so here goes

I weigh 24 stone 5 that is 341 pounds

My height is 5ft 11 which is 71 inches

My age is 36

Calc 1= 4.35X (weight) 341=2124.43

Calc2= 12.7x (height) 71=901.70

Calc3= 6.8x 36 =244.80

66+2124.43+901.70-244.8=2847.33.

My BMR is 2847 whic means if i eat 2847 calories per day for a week i will stick at the same weight whereas if i eat only1847 every day for a week i will loose 2 pounds that week. Now if i ate 1847 every day and done a good hard hour of cardio excecise then that would add an extra 1000 calories per day therefore i would loos 4 pound that week.

I know this is confusing but it really helps when you know and you guys that are light compared to me will realise that you will either have to eat very little or do loads of excercise to loose that meesley pound per week.

If any of you are interested and are confused then PM me and i will help.

Gx

English BMR Formula

Women: BMR = 655 + ( 4.35 x weight in pounds ) + ( 4.7 x height in inches ) - ( 4.7 x age in years )

Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

Hi gary thats quite intresting i am just about to work out my cal intake i have had a problem with loseing as some weeks i have been eating only 700-800 a day and not lost a lb so i will see how i go with this.

Just would like to congratulate all you new bandsters for march well done peeps..... Will be joining you soon!

I have a question open to all you bandsters,,,

I'm not to sure if I should be doing the pre-op diet has frederik has not mentioned it?? Or should I just start anyway...??

Probally a bit late asking but better late than never lol..

Cheers.

Just would like to congratulate all you new bandsters for march well done peeps..... Will be joining you soon!

I have a question open to all you bandsters,,,

I'm not to sure if I should be doing the pre-op diet has frederik has not mentioned it?? Or should I just start anyway...??

Probally a bit late asking but better late than never lol..

Cheers.

definately do a low fat diet for a couple of very important reasons,

1, the low fat will shrink your liver to make it easier to operate.

2, starting a diet starts to condition your mind to eating healthy and less so that if you never and the day after the op you were onto limited intake you will struggle mentaly and you body will go into starvation mode which does not help weight loss.

g

Hi Gary I worked out my BMR its 1374, what have I got to reduce it too, to loose 2lb a week assuming all activity remains the same. I must have miss understood because if I reduce by 500 cals per day per Lb that will reduce my cals by 1000 which will only give me 374 a day, Ta Maggs x

Edited by mmm

Hi Gary I worked out my BMR its 1374, what have I got to reduce it too, to loose 2lb a week assuming all activity remains the same. I must have miss understood because if I reduce by 500 cals per day per Lb that will reduce my cals by 1000 which will only give me 374 a day, Ta Maggs x

i dont know what your exercise levels are at present, however if you done nothing then you would need to only eat 370 calories per day which is ridiculous and no way should you do it so if you ate about 1000 per day and walked for an hour at a fast pace 5 times per week then you would loose around 1.5 pounds if youincreased the walking to daily then you would be closer to 2 pounds.

So as they have told us for years the excercise makes a lot of difference.

This is just a rought estimate so dont anyone come hunting for me if its not exact.

Gx

Cheers gary, how you feeling now are you loosing any weight, mine is on stop

definately do a low fat diet for a couple of very important reasons,

1, the low fat will shrink your liver to make it easier to operate.

2, starting a diet starts to condition your mind to eating healthy and less so that if you never and the day after the op you were onto limited intake you will struggle mentaly and you body will go into starvation mode which does not help weight loss.

g

Thanks gary, for your reply, I will start watching what I eat from tommorow :rolleyes2:

has anyone got a diet sheet they followed?????

or would it be ok to follow the slimming world book suggestions.?

Cheers gary, how you feeling now are you loosing any weight, mine is on stop

i am good thanks feeling just fine after getting agood bit of the blood removed from my lump, had a wee fill but not really feeling anythin, can get a fill appointment for april but got one for may but i have a stag in ibiza to go to in may so i am thinking on going to belgium hopefully for a double fill in april so see what happens i have mailed cdb as i would also like him to ultrasound my lump as some is still there and think it has grown a little since he removed some not sire though.

Hope your well give mt luv to Sian.

Gx

Edited by garrymcfall

Thanks gary, for your reply, I will start watching what I eat from tommorow :rolleyes2:

has anyone got a diet sheet they followed?????

or would it be ok to follow the slimming world book suggestions.?

i just kept to a simple 1500 calories with the fat content in 100 grams b elow 5%. you will be amazed how much you can loose in the 16 days and will help ypur liver a lot, maybe if you can drink loads of Water and pick up milk thistle at halth shop not a necessity but helps with the liver if like me you were partial to a wee drink and high sugar/fat foods.

Gx

:mellow:

Hi.. well two weeks post 3rd fill only lost 1 st 4ibs in total.. nothing at all since last fill!!.. which, I'm really quite surprised cos I have tried cutting down.. can still eat lots!!..

as for wind..I stil get pains in my shoulder especially if I have nt eaten for a while or if I eat out.. I'm getting used to it.. try massaging the affected area.. it seems to help me..

am booking my fill for april ..want to travel together?

Hi vanessa i see im not on my own with not loosing anymore weight even though we have had fills.. i still think mine didnt go in lol. Yes we can meet up and go together, it will give you a break from driving for a couple of hours. Regarding the shoulder pain.. i have tried to rub it and it doesnt seem to help, the only time i get relief is when i get rid of all the trapped wind, i could do with a valve in my shoulder to realise it lol. What time is your app for in april? if you havnt booked yet try and get it around 2 -2.30 x

I feel really left out, i dont get any pain, or even uncomfortable at any time, its as if I have'nt had anything done. I can eat, and want to eat just as I did pre op. Roll on Friday for my first fill. And then I can join in with the conversations.

Hi mmm believe me you wont want this trapped wind and pain in the shoulder.. but if you insist you can always have mine with pleasure lol. fingers crossed once you get your fill things will start to improve for you x :mellow:

Hey sometimes at night when i lie down i get severe wind pain it feels like im dying lol the first time it happened out of the blue was few months ago the pain was horrific im my tummy and everywhere in my upper body i was trying to get sick and everything but then i started burping and i soon realised it was trapped wind and took some meds but god the pain was unbelievable trust me anyone who hasnt experienced this u dont want too haha

Just been for my stitches out. The nurse 'tidied' me up and snipped off the ends from the dissolving ones. She was fascinated to hear they were from a gastric band op! I think I will be the talk of the staff room at tea break :mellow:!

I'm going to confess all to the doctor tomorrow. I didn't actually get around to telling him though I did mention it when I took my baby in for an appointment. I just didn't want him putting me off. I have tried pretty much everything to lose weight and yep I know the risks of the surgery and concluded that it was worth it!

I had some mashed cauliflower, cheese sauce and some tiny Pasta shapes I use for my baby foods last night. It went down no problem. I had porridge for Breakfast that too went down well. In terms of volume I have stopped eating before I normally would but am surprised how much I can eat with ease so I am gonna be watching it! Mmm - I know how you are feeling! Gary - thanks for the calorie counter, that's a good starting point.