Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Well I had the breast surgery to remove the lump, they also took out 2 lymph nodes.

When I went for the results they told me that one of the nodes was cancerous so they wanted to remove them all. And this just 2 weeks after the initial surgery, so fast. Found out of friday and the surgery was booked for the following Tuesday, didnt have time to get scared.

Thank God its over now, I'm 2 weeks out, under my arm is so sore, but it will get better I know. I have a fill booked for next thursday in manchester as they had to take it all out except for 2mls before my surgery.

Now I have to start all over, again. This being the second time, as my first band had to be removed due to leakage.

Am I meant to be fat I ask myself????

Hi freckles it's Jude. I met you in Belgium with your daughter October 2010. Couldn't remember email and passwords so had to register again as skinnyfat. Hope you are ok. Just read your news about op! Hope you will get better quickly. And you deserve to eat while you're not feeling yourself with the knowledge you can be re filled again. Xxx

Hi freckles, so glad to see you back again I have been following your health scare, but hey weight is secondary importance after what youve been through. Get yourself strong. Love Mmm.xxx

hi not been on here for a while my self! just wondered how everyone else was getting on the weight is slowly comming offf for me , but then i was a very big bird to start with :) its hard not to get back into the bad old ways of the cocolate mousses! I did not mind at all going to brussels for the operation its only 2 hours fom london on the train and like 'happy flower' says then you get the surgeon with the lowest complication rate in europe. there is a help line here in the uk with europesurgery so really you get the same easy contact as you get here but the best surgeon! lets be honest if you call a large hospital here youjust get some receptionist who has nothing to do with the surgeon you had operate on you where with chris you get help straight away..and its cheaper. but anyway no matter where you go we are all on the same journey, the g band journey and i am very glad i am on it!!

Hi Jude so nice to hear from you, you have done well although like a lot of girlies on here you didnt need to lose much weight, but well done with what you have done xxx

Hi Maggs, its been a bummer losing my poor Mum in November and then finding out I had cancer, I just hope the rest of this year will be good. I hope you're doing well and your lovely daughter and grandaughter

My daughter has had another baby after losing one last year, Alexia was born on 29th December she's a doll....will post a piccy of her shortly.

Hi hunny, my daughter was banded by Mr Sigurdsson back in 2005. Her port is just under her boobs, which I think is much better than in the tum.

She lost 8 stone, but has had 3 pregnancies since and is now in the process of losing all the baby weight. good luck to you xx

Hi Freckles

It's good to hear that your daughter has had a good experience with my surgeon :) Settles the nerves a little. I keep on having little wobbles of doubt but thankfully my co-ordinator settles my nerves when I need her. I still haven't told anyone yet, so still very nervous about that!

I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your mum and your cancer :( You sound like a very strong lady and we can all take some inspiration from you xx *hugs*

hi not been on here for a while my self! just wondered how everyone else was getting on the weight is slowly comming offf for me , but then i was a very big bird to start with :) its hard not to get back into the bad old ways of the cocolate mousses! I did not mind at all going to brussels for the operation its only 2 hours fom london on the train and like 'happy flower' says then you get the surgeon with the lowest complication rate in europe. there is a help line here in the uk with europesurgery so really you get the same easy contact as you get here but the best surgeon! lets be honest if you call a large hospital here youjust get some receptionist who has nothing to do with the surgeon you had operate on you where with chris you get help straight away..and its cheaper. but anyway no matter where you go we are all on the same journey, the g band journey and i am very glad i am on it!!

hi Jane just wondering if you where going to london to see DR chris for a fill? soon would be good to meet up and have a chat, i been doing really well with the weight loss hope you have?

hi freckles sorry to hear you been ill must be horrible :( i don't understand what you mean you under your boobs for the port cos its just your rib cage there so they could not inject in there? its always under your rip case on the left hand side with chris anyway it can't be any higher cos of rib cage.

hi freckles sorry to hear you been ill must be horrible :( i don't understand what you mean you under your boobs for the port cos its just your rib cage there so they could not inject in there? its always under your rip case on the left hand side with chris anyway it can't be any higher cos of rib cage.

Hi Happy flower,

My friend had her surgery and her port was in the same position as freckles describes. its positioned just below your cleavage almost sternum area. not sure how it attaches but she doesn't seem to have any problems with it there.

For the guys thinking of having surgery in Liverpool i don't claim to know much about it so can only share my friends experience but she was banded last year and bought an after care package with them and they have refused to fill her why she losing weight. she has only been losing a couple of pounds which she has done from exercise mainly.

think she gutted cause she paid that little bit extra in the uk and doesnt seem to be getting the correct after care.

just wanted to put that out there so that all experiences are bought to light. xxx

Well I had the breast surgery to remove the lump, they also took out 2 lymph nodes.

When I went for the results they told me that one of the nodes was cancerous so they wanted to remove them all. And this just 2 weeks after the initial surgery, so fast. Found out of friday and the surgery was booked for the following Tuesday, didnt have time to get scared.

Thank God its over now, I'm 2 weeks out, under my arm is so sore, but it will get better I know. I have a fill booked for next thursday in manchester as they had to take it all out except for 2mls before my surgery.

Now I have to start all over, again. This being the second time, as my first band had to be removed due to leakage.

Am I meant to be fat I ask myself????

oh freckles you have had a year of it hun,must be so hard going through cancer and dealing with the death of your mum,sorry to hear about your mum hun you were so good to her and now she will be watching down on you giving you all her strength now,glad your over the worst of it now,time to get strong and healthy look afteryourself hun and build your energy back up x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0

Thank you everyone for your kind and encouraging comments :)

I'll keep you all posted :)

just under 2 weeks to go hun,your nerves will start kicking in soon and you will be arguing with yourself should you,shouldnt you lol thats what i done anyway but dont worry we all do that hun and the reason we get the band is because we are fed up with the way are bodies are so giving ourselves a wee helping hand good luck hun xx meant to ask it it much more for your surgery here than abroad xx

Hey Slinky .. I was going to go with Dr. Chris but found Nuffield hospital group was similar price so i went with them and didnt have to travel. Nuffield is a charity status so althought they are private its a non profit organisation so its not top end costs ..

I wondered where all the uk people were hanging out as the uk specific thread seemed a little quiet :) now i found u all i will keep my eyes on this thread :)

Thanks i have done well but its been hard work but worth it .. u have done well too so close to goal :)

wont be long till your at your goal now cassy you must look amazing now,bet people notice you now for all the right reasons lol xx

well I dont think i look that amazing , my mind hasnt caught up with my body yet, its slowly dawning on me that i am a lot smaller ..I go see the Plastic Surgeon tomorrow, the loose skin is everywhere but its my badge of honour so although i dont like it i dont regret it either .. Am planning on the tummy and back first, they estimated i had around 14lbs of excess skin so theres another stone gone then once its all off : )

I will keep u all posted !

Sorry to hear of your loss Freckles.

Good luck Saz for your soon to be slim life and surgery !

well I dont think i look that amazing , my mind hasnt caught up with my body yet, its slowly dawning on me that i am a lot smaller ..I go see the Plastic Surgeon tomorrow, the loose skin is everywhere but its my badge of honour so although i dont like it i dont regret it either .. Am planning on the tummy and back first, they estimated i had around 14lbs of excess skin so theres another stone gone then once its all off : )

I will keep u all posted !

Sorry to hear of your loss Freckles.

Good luck Saz for your soon to be slim life and surgery !

were you going to get it done cazzy and is it expensive im a nosey cow lol,would love my boobs done he he xx

were you going to get it done cazzy and is it expensive im a nosey cow lol,would love my boobs done he he xx

I got to see this amazing surgeon yesterday am gonna go for surgery in June i have to do some work on my ab muscles and try and drop another 10lbs by then i might make it lol but its not essential. Tummy back and arms being done all at once .. eeek its scarey as it will be a long operation.. boobs and thighs will sort out later in the year or next year, my family are paying so not sure on cost at the moment, i will buy a camera and do some before and after pics and try and journal things so people can get an idea what its like .. will book in for another small fill i think just to see if i can knock these last few lbs off me .. we shall see :)