Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Evening All

Does anyone know when Dr Chris is in Edinburgh this month, trying to decide whether or not to get another fill - I have very little restriction so need one but I am off to Australia at the end of March so would be paying £100 to get it put in and then another £100 to get it out and then £100 to get it back in again .....

Just think it might be worth it if it gives my weight loss a big boost before I go to Oz - what do you think?? Its a lot of money to waste too.... God I am hopeless at making decisions

Congratulations to all the newbies and I am sure you will all do really well

Kerry xx

thanks claire, i think it'll depend on the level of restriction i have, i jus don't want to get out there and my band is tight and i can not even drink, as the person i am going with does not know i have a band, and i dont really want them to know. i'll have to judge it and seek advice from fredreick in febuary or closer to the time.

that's good charlene i well had my appetite back at that stage so you might be ok for a bit even after your fill so that would be good for you hun,and yes you will be fine driving they just make you drink a glass of Water to make sure it goes down they normally give you 3ml for your first fill xx

hi slinky - wot time is your appointment on thurs - both daisy and I have appointment with chris.

charlene - might bump into you too!!

well done to everyone on their journey - keep up the good work!!

Day 6 - adventures in banding

nearly a week post surgery and doing fine now. still quite restricted and not very hungry but managing yogurt and cuppa Soups and a tiny bit of sugar free jelly. was back in work today and it was fine. injection finished today too :)

Chris did say the lap band can set off the metal detector at the airport and sure enough it did. but i must look honest and they just let me through no search at all. one of the girls who had had the band done some time back said sometimes they set off the security alarms in the shops. She said hers always triggers the alarm in "Next"

so armed with my internal band i hit the shops during lunch so far so good. i tried "Next" and debenhams and the local chemist and so far no alarm ....maybe there's still too much fat insulating the little bit of titanium inside me.

So first week nearly over. I'm feeling good. Just a little discomfort at times more like an achy muscle or like the scars are tightening. But the good thing is i have neither been arrested by airport or store security so its looking up :)

hi slinky - wot time is your appointment on thurs - both daisy and I have appointment with chris.

charlene - might bump into you too!!

well done to everyone on their journey - keep up the good work!!

my appointment is 11 what time is your hun xx

for anyone trying to contact frederick the person i booked through was talking to me today and Frederick is on sick leave at the moment. he crashed his car leaving work last wed :( he's fine just very bruised. but i'm sure he'll get back to you when he is back

my appointment is 11 what time is your hun xx

Hi slink,

Our appointment is at 1pm so will prob miss you. good luck with yours and let me know how you get on. Is this fill 3 or 4 for you? this is my second - didnt really notice much difference after no.1 - hoping to have some more restriction this time ;)

Hi slink,

Our appointment is at 1pm so will prob miss you. good luck with yours and let me know how you get on. Is this fill 3 or 4 for you? this is my second - didnt really notice much difference after no.1 - hoping to have some more restriction this time ;)

hi hun this is my third fill,the first fill just fill the band itself the next fills will start to restrict you bit by bit,cant wait for this fill lol

Honeybelle, many thanx for the info about freddyboy, poor thing, I hope he gets well soon.

He told us he had just become a daddy when we saw him the other week, a little girl called Emily, bless.

Slinx, I have more weight to go now cos I have only lost 2lb since the fill. I seem to be able to eat lots of things, but steer clear of bread, pastry and fries and rice, cos my band doesnt like them at all.

I have adjusted my ticker accordingly, another battle now.

I need that other .5 in to stop me eating, but I'm going on holiday end of March, just dont know whether to go in feb for a fill or not, and not sure if I can afford it.

Sade, dont get completely emptied as it will cost you more money to get it all back in.

I flew to the far east, Hong Kong, Singapore and Kuala Lumpar and Oz last year (10 flights in 3 weeks) with 3.5 mls in and I could eat a small meal and drink wine with it, no probs.

I had 3mls out in December and freddy could only put 2.5 back in, he said I would be overfilled. So have to pay for the extra bit to be put back in again!, to bring me back to 6.5.

Drives me nutz!!!!!

lol thanks for your advice, i a not sure what size band i have as dr chris says i have a 7ml and freddy says i have 10ml - i just want the truth. it'll help me work out, how much i should have in my band.

Honeybelle, many thanx for the info about freddyboy, poor thing, I hope he gets well soon.

He told us he had just become a daddy when we saw him the other week, a little girl called Emily, bless.

Slinx, I have more weight to go now cos I have only lost 2lb since the fill. I seem to be able to eat lots of things, but steer clear of bread, pastry and fries and rice, cos my band doesnt like them at all.

I have adjusted my ticker accordingly, another battle now.

I need that other .5 in to stop me eating, but I'm going on holiday end of March, just dont know whether to go in feb for a fill or not, and not sure if I can afford it.

Sade, dont get completely emptied as it will cost you more money to get it all back in.

I flew to the far east, Hong Kong, Singapore and Kuala Lumpar and Oz last year (10 flights in 3 weeks) with 3.5 mls in and I could eat a small meal and drink wine with it, no probs.

I had 3mls out in December and freddy could only put 2.5 back in, he said I would be overfilled. So have to pay for the extra bit to be put back in again!, to bring me back to 6.5.

Drives me nutz!!!!!

freckles you will soon lose it lol, i had only lost 7lb since my oct fill,we had chris duprez for the fill's today i love when he does them he is so talkative and i feel like i can ask him anything were as freddy boy always seem's in a hurry lol,he gave me another 1ml which brings me up to 6.5ml now hope it help this time lol xx

hi rosie cheeks and daisy,i think that was you two today in for the fill,there were so many people talking i didnt get talking to you and didnt want to shout is that you rosie cheeks lol incase i embarresed you he he,you will feel a bit better after that fill it should start to help now xx

Hello I had my first fill today by Dr Chris, cant believe he remembered me lol unless everything is in his laptop, that would explain it haha! He put 3ml in and it never hurt woohoo lol I was nervous about drinking afterwards but so far so good! I was expecting it to be busy but I was the only 1 there and when I left a lady was going in. Anyway booked my next fill for end of Feb :) and Dr Chris said I have lost 23lb.....mega chuffed!

Hope everyone is ok :)

Slinky do you think this fill you had will give you restriction now? I am worried about getting hungry again but hopefully the month flies in xxx

Hello I had my first fill today by Dr Chris, cant believe he remembered me lol unless everything is in his laptop, that would explain it haha! He put 3ml in and it never hurt woohoo lol I was nervous about drinking afterwards but so far so good! I was expecting it to be busy but I was the only 1 there and when I left a lady was going in. Anyway booked my next fill for end of Feb :) and Dr Chris said I have lost 23lb.....mega chuffed!

Hope everyone is ok :)

Slinky do you think this fill you had will give you restriction now? I am worried about getting hungry again but hopefully the month flies in xxx

well done charlene that's great hunny,i hope this fill helps hopefully it will lol and i will start losing again your doing well,your right to book your next fill for next month as you will need it first fill dosnt do alot so keep up your good work xx

Morning all

Hope everyone is well and looking after themselves.

Have moved my fill appointment to the end of February as restriction is definately there and it would just silly to go and spend £80 and have a 0.5ml when I know it will just close it up further. Still only really managing lumpy Soup but a couple of nights ago I did manage a small piece of pork chop with 2 pieces of broccoli and 2 chantennay carrots. Took me a while to chew my way through but I did it. But then the next night absolute hell and felt dreadful. The band is so variable!

Anyway weight loss wise I have now lost a total of 63 pounds and 52 inches so very pleased. Lots of people are asking me - have you lost weight? One of my colleagues came running up to me at the end of the school day and said "How have you lost all your weight? Have you cheated?" I wanted to know what she meant by cheated and her reference was to certain shelf bought shakes. So I explained that I was using a nutritional supplement and had had a gastric band! She's doing WW and is happy with her loss etc and was open and honest and said she likes her food too much. It did make me smile.

Anyway, off to teach baby massage and then dentists appointments for the children and I - should be fun! Ohh and to raise a concern that my local hospital has restricted birthing mums to one birth partner only! Letter being processed as I write. So hopefully we will get the result we want that you can't restrict womens rights and their choices.

Anyway just stepping off soap box

Take care.

Claire

Have a good day and take care of yourselves.