Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Angel, well I have 5mls in my band as i had 3mls on my first fill!!

Hey you!

You must be at 3 then? I must admit if you're paying for it - surely he could have put more in?

How fast can you get your next fill ordered????? Chin up honey - you must feel peed off but it's better to be comfortable than uncomfortable eating wise??

I had first fill a week ago - 5 mls - and am struggling lots - I joked at time (but a little seriously ;0P) could my Bariatric Surgeon shove 8 in instead?! He said no way have to do it little by little - as still wants me to be able to enjoy a little food - my gawd am I glad he didn't put anymore than what he put in - I have to be sick if I eat any solids!!!! I'm only a week in so maybe it's a chewing learning thing or something... or maybe I need a de-fill but have read that many get restriction bout 4-5??

Good luck hon x

post op day 3 feeling much better thanks to wilkinsons 3 in 1 antacids are awesome and 2 solpadeine plus soluble tablets excellent pain relief. Hope all october bandsters are doing well x

Dr Chris and Frederik both explained that they put in 3mls at first fill then 2mls at second fill and then 1ml for the third fill.

After the last 24 hours I am glad he only put 2ml in. The restriction I have has been horrendous. My husband has asked me to call the emergency numbers we have incase I need to see someone over the weekend to have a little taken out as I have had difficulty keeping Water down.

Just because we are paying for something doesn't mean we can put ourselves at risk I would rather be guided by the professionals as they have far more experience at this than I do.

Restricton comes with time, after all the band is a tool and we have to work with it not force it otherwise it will come back and bite us on the bum big time.

Hi all, I am very upset had my second fill yesterday and frederick put 2mls in i feel no restriction at all!! i did ask him to put 2.5 but he said he can't and the next time he will put 1ml!! the 10 kg that i lost that is 20llbs was during the first week after the operation then i have not lost any for 10 weeks even after my first fill!! I really don't know is this is going to work for me!!

Laila - I hav'nt been on the site for a while but had time today and have read last few pages. I was really looking for advice as am in the same situation as you.

Know just how you feel - I was banded on 27 July and lost 14lb in the 1st 6weeks since then I've only lost another 2lb and nothing at all last month.

I chose to keep my fills small so far have had 2 both with 2mls. I am hardly feeling any rescritition and can eat more now than i could a few weeks ago.

What is going on. I was hoping to have lost at least 2 stone by xmas very disappointed.

Sher :thumbup:

Just a quickie, daughter is fine, just has a bad chest due to drugs, and she doesnt even smoke!!! but apart from that she says it doesnt feel any worse than when she had liposuction on her tummy painwise.

Was at the hospital yesterday for 12 hours cos she didnt go down for op until 3:30, as doc was running late. Then they keep you in recovery for 3 to 4 hours afterwards. Didnt get back to the hotel until 7:45.

Crashed out and went to sleep early.

just getting ready to go to the hospital, she will be coming out just after lunch.< /p>

Lovely to meet you Amazed, you looked good. Will post again asap, and read all your posts girlies. xx:thumbup:

Just a quickie, daughter is fine, just has a bad chest due to drugs ...Was at the hospital yesterday for 12 hours ... she didnt go down until 3:30, as doc was running late. .... Didnt get back to the hotel until 7:45 ... Crashed out ... just getting ready to go to the hospital, she will be coming out just after lunch.< /div>

Good to hear everything went well. Hope she is feeling better. It's not very nce when you have to wait to go down. Hope she was ok with this.

See you on here soon.

Take care and have a safe trip back.

Dr Chris and Frederik both explained that they put in 3mls at first fill then 2mls at second fill and then 1ml for the third fill.

After the last 24 hours I am glad he only put 2ml in. The restriction I have has been horrendous. My husband has asked me to call the emergency numbers we have incase I need to see someone over the weekend to have a little taken out as I have had difficulty keeping Water down.

Just because we are paying for something doesn't mean we can put ourselves at risk I would rather be guided by the professionals as they have far more experience at this than I do.

Restricton comes with time, after all the band is a tool and we have to work with it not force it otherwise it will come back and bite us on the bum big time.

Mummies BB - how is ur restriction today? I had something similar a year or so ago and it's not nice is it? I went to the doctors as I'd been recommended voltarol suppositories to take the swelling down but it wasn't my usual doc and she wouldn't give them to me. I came out crying. I decided to sit it out and didn't get a defill. I have my aftercare with WLS so phoned them. I was told to eat lots of ice lollies to take the swelling down. If you can manage some soluble ibrufen (of nurofen melts) that will take the swelling down too. The restriction did fade but it was a horrible few weeks. I did lose a lot of weight though but not really the way to do it. I'd phone up and get some advice anyway just in case it becomes unbearable. Can you keep water down? Looking back I probably should've gone for a defill. Let us know how ur doing xxxxx

Freckles - glad ur daughter is doing OK. Did you find a shop for ur ciggies?!! I hope so!!

Lilliebo, amazed, dylanthomas - I hope you are recovering Ok and the pain is manageable. You're over the first hurdle of ur weight loss journey!!

Morning SLinky - how's u today?

Morning to everyone else.

A week tomorrow I'm having a defill and it but back in 2 weeks later. My weight is at a stand still and I need a little help! Half a stone off by Christmas would be great!!!

Mummies BB - how is ur restriction today? I had something similar a year or so ago and it's not nice is it? .... I was told to eat lots of ice lollies to take the swelling down. If you can manage some soluble ibrufen (of nurofen melts) that will take the swelling down too. The restriction did fade but it was a horrible few weeks. I did lose a lot of weight though but not really the way to do it. I'd phone up and get some advice anyway just in case it becomes unbearable. Can you keep Water down? Looking back I probably should've gone for a defill. Let us know how ur doing xxxxx

Hello

Thanks for posting.

Seems a bit better but oh boy it hurts like crackers in the middle of my back where it's just feels like it is stuck. Lots of PB and I have lost quite a lot of the liquid that I have been having. Small sips or tiny sucks through a straw. Really not very pleasant.

Called the emergency nuber yesterday and spke to a lovely lady who said give it another 24-48 hours and see if there is any improvement. Well there has been a little but so concious that I have no good nutrition going in and yes I have lost weight!

Have tried the ice lolly idea thanks as I can't take ibuprofen!

Will monitor it for another 24 hours and see where we go from there.

Take care and have a lovely weekend.

Freckles - glad ur daughter is doing OK. Did you find a shop for ur ciggies?!! I hope so!!

Lilliebo, amazed, dylanthomas - I hope you are recovering Ok and the pain is manageable. You're over the first hurdle of ur weight loss journey!!

Morning SLinky - how's u today?

Morning to everyone else.

A week tomorrow I'm having a defill and it but back in 2 weeks later. My weight is at a stand still and I need a little help! Half a stone off by Christmas would be great!!!

Hi all.. thanks Sammy77.. yes the pain is not too bad now in my stomach area it has gone to my back.. can anyone tell me why I feel like my back is going to snap?? the pain is awful!!

Freckles I am glad all has gone well, my chest was bad too and I dont smoke either.. hope she is feeling ok and safe journey home.. just started on blended food.. had a weetabix... yummy!!! :thumbup:

Congratulations to all the newbies - you wont regret your decision.

I now have 7mls in my 7ml band and have finally got some restriction - the weird thing is I can eat something one day and not the next. I am not eating a lot since last fill and worried about the right Vitamins etc so bought myself some multi bionta.

Felt really cold this week too but that is due to lack of energy from food and will get better.

Why is it you cant eat a few spoonfuls of Soup but can manage ben and jerrys lol - thank god its Saturday cos thats my weekly treat - phish food here I come

Anyone with gas pain - try a tens machine if you can get one - made a big difference to me - I had horrendous pain for about 3 weeks from the Gas. Also make sure you are active and try making windmills to get it dispersing inside

I am aiming to lose another stone before Xmas and then would like to lose another half before my 40th in Feb - just have to keep focussed and keep the exercise going

Glad everyone is doing well and look forward to reading about your journeys

Have safe flights/trips home

Kerry x

I was banded on 27 October br Dr Christiaan De Bryune at the AZ Jan Portaels hospital in Vilvoorde, Belgium.*

On the same evening I was able to get out of bed and walk the corridor three times which I heard alleviates gas pain.*

I must say that I refused pain medication when offered it after the operation as I really did not feel in pain.*

The next morning I did ask for pain relief because I knew the drain was to be removed and I was scared of what that would be like but the drain removal happened before the meds came. And honest that didn't hurt.*

I still accepted the pain relief because I was pretty certain pain would kick in at some time.*

I was then taken for an X-ray and asked to take three big sips of liquid so they could get a picture of the band position and liquid going through it. Again painless. *I walked down for my X-ray.*

Doctor Chris then came to see me and told me everything went well. I was given a bag of medication, tablets in case I feel sick (I haven't needed them) tablets for pain (I took 2 night before travelling home and 1 in afternoon and 1 before bed 3 days post op). And injections to give myself in stomach to stop blood clot for five days - the needle is so fine it can't be felt. He also gives special socks like those used on flights to wear for about a week.*

A nurse came to see me in the hotel the night before I travelled home. I was given lots of information throughout this whole procedure and is great to refer to.*

Don't ever be afraid of using Dr Chris he is amazing. They have set up a direct service now called Belgium Surgery Services and the General Manager is Frederick Serneels.*

Good luck everyone who is thinking of having the procedure. *I know I'm lucky to not have much pain and that everyone is different. *

hi Sher,

well I have 1ml more then you but still no restriction even though i am eatting healthy but still big portion!!

I suppose the good thing is we are not putting on weight!

Laila - I hav'nt been on the site for a while but had time today and have read last few pages. I was really looking for advice as am in the same situation as you.

Know just how you feel - I was banded on 27 July and lost 14lb in the 1st 6weeks since then I've only lost another 2lb and nothing at all last month.

I chose to keep my fills small so far have had 2 both with 2mls. I am hardly feeling any rescritition and can eat more now than i could a few weeks ago.

What is going on. I was hoping to have lost at least 2 stone by xmas very disappointed.

Sher :wink2:

hi wanna beslinky, would you recommend dr de bruyne, because all i keep hearing is great things about him. but what would he do if he went to do the op and found an ulcer or something. can he deal with any complications.

thanks so much for listening

hi, has anyone ever gone to be banded by dr de bruyne and he has found an ulcer or a haitus hernia "apparently we get them because we are so fat" so if he found a complication like that could he deal with it then and there

many thanks

cakey x