Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

The pain was bad but u get loads of painkillers every day it gets better im going back to work tomorrow and gettin stitches out on friday. Its just like being an old woman trying to get out of bed for a day or two its nearly impossible but ur better to try and move about. Well i've no restriction in so guess when i get first fill i will be well restricted. my mum has a band done this 2 years and she never has has problems with spuds just make sure they r mashed up. well i've 10 pounds of so will keep ya informed

well done on the 10 pounds jane did your mum get done with dr debruyne and has she lost all her weight she wanted too 11 weeks and counting for me yippee

i am so jealous when i read that you can eat sunday roast, vewgetables and stew hahahahahah i wish.

g

Ar bless

Sorry gary lol but it was really yummy although i only ate a tiny amount compared to my usual, but im 13lbs down so not complaining, which reminds me i really must book my first fill lol

Julie x

hello I have just booked fill for end of May in Newport the number is 07872963503 good luck might see you there..

Hi We88ster

Thanks for the phone number your a life saver have just texted Jacqui for an appointment at end of May. I will let you know what time perhaps we might bump into one another? Panicked when my phone died and lost all my numbers......:thumbup:

Hi All

Well I am back from Belgium, feeling a bit sore. My leak was in the tubing 1cm away from the port. Dr Chris said it was caused by having a fill. I wasnt able to take the damaged tubing home with me but he has given me a report which I can take to the BUPA hospital although I dont hold much hope of getting any money back from them. Dr Chris gave also gave me a fill of 5ml and Im feeling a bit of restriction so hopefully my weight will start to come down again, fingers crossed!

EnglishRose

i have just booked to go with dr cdb , he has and excellent reputation and at a very reasonable price , i manage to get a package with everything in including acomdation , happy days !!!! good luck with your search

Got back from Belgium yesterday after being banded on Tuesday (YEAH) :thumbup: Everything went absolutely amazingly well, Both Dr. Chris and Frederik where Fantastic, Hospital exteremly clean with wonderful and friendly staff.

Met some wonderful people out there who just made this experience so much better so thanks to you all :thumbup:

And an even bigger thanks to Englishrose who encouraged and talked me through my first self injection you were a great help and support :) and yes Gary you were right you cant feel a thing when you do them.

Good luck to all the girls who were banded this week and to anyone else who is starting their jorney soon.

Sussie x

Hi all I havent been on for a while, Jeez you can all talk it will take me ages to catch up. Glad to see Freckles and Gary still on. Ive been having a bit of a struggle with reflux etc but on the last hurdle now. Ive got 7lbs to go until my goal has been acheived.

Glad everyone is doing well apart from the problems with tubing etc.

Gary I was wondering if they still do that support group on a Satuarday morning you once told me about. Good luck all. Jx

Hi all and welcome newbies,

Well I am 6 weeks post op today and feeling fine, except for being starving and stuck on the 2 stone mark.

I haven't shifted a bean this last week, and I am finding that I can eat bigger meals as I am not getting that full feeling. I had been having little baby bowl sized evening meals, and yogs, Soup or crisp breads in the day, but can now eat a normal sized portion, waiting to get 'that' feeling in my chest that fullness is about to happen, but nope, it don't.

Really suprised that the effects of the first fill on 22/04 didn't last long at all, and I'm really looking forward to the next one on 27/05 already.

Is this normal or should the restriction have lasted longer? Worried now that I have a leak and there's nothing in there which would be a nightmare.

Hope you can advise please.

Thanks and good luck everyone starting out on this journey.

C x

Hi! This is my first post, so I'm a little nervous.

I live in the States, but will be in London June 18 - July 10. Do you think I am too close to schedule a surgery in Belgium for around that time? How did you all get in contact with the surgeons?

Does anyone know of any other good surgeons in Belgium just in case I can't set a date during that window? Is it required to do an initial meeting in the U.K.?

Has anyone gone by themselves? My husband has to work, so I would be going through the whole process alone. Is it naive to think I can do that?

Does anyone know if I would be able to get fills in the States if I am banded in Belgium?

Any and all information would be very much appreciated!!

I was fine with the injections, it was the changing of the dressing that had me passing out. Already lost 6lbs. So sick and tired of the stockings. Roll on Sunday and they are getting burned in the fire pit.

Got back from Belgium yesterday after being banded on Tuesday (YEAH) :) Everything went absolutely amazingly well, Both Dr. Chris and Frederik where Fantastic, Hospital exteremly clean with wonderful and friendly staff.

Met some wonderful people out there who just made this experience so much better so thanks to you all :o

And an even bigger thanks to Englishrose who encouraged and talked me through my first self injection you were a great help and support :) and yes Gary you were right you cant feel a thing when you do them.

Good luck to all the girls who were banded this week and to anyone else who is starting their jorney soon.

Sussie x

Your welcome Susse, pleased to help :-) x

Hi Neennicole and welcome to this forum.

I think your best bet would be to email Dr Chris and explain that you are only in the UK for a certain time.

I'm sure he'll try to fit you in.

Yes you can get fills in the US, but be very careful where you go for them, as if someone punctures your tubing you will not be covered for revision surgery by Dr Chris.

Your best bet would be to take out some sort of insurance plan if you dont have it already.

Good luck hunny.:)

Hi everyone. Sorry I didn't introduce myself. I was sitting in Campinile Hotel in Vilvoorde with EnglishRose, ready to go home and she got me to go onto this forum. She said 'Hi' by the way. Had my band done on 4th May. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Still a bit sore, but I know it will be worth it in the end. I had been thinking about having the band for a long time, so finally bit the bullet and had it done. I was done by Dr Chris de Bruyne in Belgium. I met Frederik in Dublin and he was very helpful. Have loads to lose, but plenty to gain.

Despite everything, there was great crack with all the girls and their partners. The laugh we had in the hospital was great and we all stuck together. It was painful and funny when we laughed, 'cause we all grabbed our sides. The Hospital was spotless and the staff were great. I would recommend going to Belgium to anyone thinking of having the Op. :)

I also managed to beat the ash cloud. That would have just done my head in. :o

Had a check up with GP who was impressed with Dr Chris' report asked for details of package and costs to pass on info to other paitents looking into it. Nurse changed dressing and checked wounds who was also impressed with how neat the wounds looked.

A question for any of the girls banded this week

The pink sterile solution given to us in hospital, what did they tell us to use it on ?

I thought it was to clean the wounds when changing dressings but nurse told me it couldnt be as this could desolve the stiches.

Hi Sussie

That's what I thought the pink stuff was for, and anyway, the stitches are supposed to dissolve. I used some on my wounds last night. I didn't put alot on though. The wound where the drain came out, the bandage is stuck on a scab, I thought better about pulling it off. I nearly fainted doing it. Might try later.

K