Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Julie congratulations on becoming a true bandster cant wait for my turn 11 days and counting quick question which painkillers did you take for your jouney home.

Sussie

Hi Julie congratulations on becoming a true bandster cant wait for my turn 11 days and counting quick question which painkillers did you take for your jouney home.

Sussie

hi sussie

im a bit of a wimp with pain but during the hospital stay they give u painkillers and supply u with paracetamol and anti sickness for when u leave i must admit i did nt need the anti sickness but i spoke to my gp and he gave me a painkilling patch that lasts for 7 days to put on for the journey home and also co codamol 30/500 effervesant tablets taste hideouse but did the trick, so if u can get to ur gp before u go might be worth it, i def needed painkillers for the journey back and thankfully slept ,most of the way, hope this helps anything else u need to know just give me a shout, best of luck weighed myself today 9lb down yipee

Love

Juliex

Hi Rose just read your posts sorry to hear you have a problem and have to have reop. I am booked in to be banded on the 4 may with Dr Chris hope to get to meet you there and 5 stone loss thats amazing.

Hi Sussie

Im sure we will bump into each other at some point. Probably when we book in at the hospital. I'll probably be wearing my red coat so come and say hello if you see me.

EnglishRose

great to c ya back in one piece julie,bet ya glad your on the other side lol how many needles do you get hun in the hospital i bloody hate them let us know how your doing take care :(

by the way has anyone had the easyband the one were you dont have a port its electronic lol

hi sussie

im a bit of a wimp with pain but during the hospital stay they give u painkillers and supply u with paracetamol and anti sickness for when u leave i must admit i did nt need the anti sickness but i spoke to my gp and he gave me a painkilling patch that lasts for 7 days to put on for the journey home and also co codamol 30/500 effervesant tablets taste hideouse but did the trick, so if u can get to ur gp before u go might be worth it, i def needed painkillers for the journey back and thankfully slept ,most of the way, hope this helps anything else u need to know just give me a shout, best of luck weighed myself today 9lb down yipee

Love

Juliex

was it as bad as you thought xx

was it as bad as you thought xx

Hi Slinky

I must say first two days were quite painful, as for the needles u have a blood test on morning of surgery and then another on the evening and one more the morning u leave, then also two clexane injections to thin the blood but honestly they were very good and these were more or less painless, on the third day my pain was much better and im feeling loads better now a little sore but nothing to moan about and for all u girls going soon dr c has started doing a new procedure where u only have 4 tiny half inch cuts and the the port one which is about 1 half inches apparently they used to be bigger so thats good news, i do have a question for the longer bandsters tho since the op whenever i burp sorry lol but i have like an air bubble travel up then like pop and also when i drink i wouldn't say it was pain but like a trickle then a full feeling then a pop lol only way i can explain it is this the Fluid moving through the band into the stomach and is it normal strange feeling at first but u get used to it, its always worst in the morning i suppose cause the band is tighter then, slinky im really pleased lost 9lb so far 5 before and 4 since so to me its already worth it supposed to be back at work wed hopefully each day will be better than the one before and ill be ok to go back, im really surprised that i have hardly any bruising at all oh and i forgot to say u do need to have 5 clexane injections when u leave to do urself daily but honestly they are painless just give them slowly and u shouldn't feel anything, and dont take loads with u u wont need it, i stayed in the gown during my stay as first day they wont let u out of bed anyway and next day tests are all done quite quickly so u can get dressed ready to leave after that, my tummy was really swollen tho so make sure whatever u take is really baggy before u go, u'll be much more comfortable, hope this helps hun anything else u want to know give me a shout

Julie x

My daughter was asking if anyone has had hypnosis for their weight, the one where you have a virtual Gastric band?

I've heard of that Slinky, also the one where they do the op through your belly button so no scars.

Lost a bit more weight today, I have been eating Cheerios instead of chocolate, maybe thats why lol.

I find these go down really good, not for brekky, though, for my evening meal.

My daughter was asking if anyone has had hypnosis for their weight, the one where you have a virtual Gastric band?

I've heard of that Slinky, also the one where they do the op through your belly button so no scars.

Lost a bit more weight today, I have been eating Cheerios instead of chocolate, maybe thats why lol.

I find these go down really good, not for brekky, though, for my evening meal.

Hi freckles

Just a quick question had my op on tuesday last week, felt no hunger whatsoever last couple of days but today im starvin hunger pangs are really bad so much so i had a very small bowl of very milky redybrek 1 percent fat milk is this normal i didn't think id be feeling this hungry so quick although it has filled me up now but its worried me a bit any advice really welcome

Julie xxx

:scared2:OMG I've gone and done it! Operation booked for 7th May, 500 Euros winging its way to Freddy, leave booked, flights picked (booking tomorrow ash permitting!) When I try to imagine myself in the operating theatre my tummy flips and I can't actually see myself there! I am so scared, so nervous. What are good things to take? I've got on my list, a mug, cup a Soups, ready made slimfasts, neurofen melts......My hubby is coming with me but I haven't told my parents and feel bad about lying to them (they are looking after my Son, 3 cats and 1 dog and think we are going to Edinburgh for a long weekend)

Hi Lindsay, my god my sister in law & niece are getting band on the same day delighted there be someone else there,you wont look back Dr Chris is an excellent surgeon, i had band done by him last year i will be going with them for support hopefully bump into you in the hotel :biggrin:

welcome back Julie your on your way now to a new life :lol:

Hi English rose sorry to hear about your band hope you get it sorted soon :wub:

Sorry julie, I wasnt here when you wrote that post.

I think how you're feeling is quite normal, for me it was the same.

I could eat anything and was starving all the time. I think your mind plays little tricks on you cos we build up to the op and not being able to eat and once its over we try and we can.

Dont worry as soon as you have a few fills you wont be able to eat much.

I think most people go through this hunny.

Hi freckles

Just a quick question had my op on tuesday last week, felt no hunger whatsoever last couple of days but today im starvin hunger pangs are really bad so much so i had a very small bowl of very milky redybrek 1 percent fat milk is this normal i didn't think id be feeling this hungry so quick although it has filled me up now but its worried me a bit any advice really welcome

Julie xxx

Hi Julie

I am now 6 weeks post band and like you for the first week I had no hunger at all, now I am starving lol apparently this is quite normal and once you start getting fills it helps.

My 1st fill was meant to happen last week but was cancelled because of the volcano - just my bloody luck.

I have lost 16lbs altogether so far but for last 3 weeks nothing off but on the positive side nothing on either. People call it bandster hell - that stage where you think my band aint working or I have wasted my money - think everyone goes through it

I was the same as you post op - very swollen and suffered terrible gas pain - try a heated pad and make sure you keep mobile it will help

Take care

Kerry

Hi Julie

I am now 6 weeks post band and like you for the first week I had no hunger at all, now I am starving lol apparently this is quite normal and once you start getting fills it helps.

My 1st fill was meant to happen last week but was cancelled because of the volcano - just my bloody luck.

I have lost 16lbs altogether so far but for last 3 weeks nothing off but on the positive side nothing on either. People call it bandster hell - that stage where you think my band aint working or I have wasted my money - think everyone goes through it

I was the same as you post op - very swollen and suffered terrible gas pain - try a heated pad and make sure you keep mobile it will help

Take care

Kerry

Thanks freckles and scooby

That makes me feel better im like should i eat should i not have had a couple of crackers tonight and a sugar free jelly and that was enough have this weird feeling in my throat now so think that means i ve had enough dont want to push it and be sick, im still a little sore but puncture sights are very itchy now so i know their healing well, yes scooby gas pain is a bit of a bugger at the min but the co codamol are taking care of it for now and its that thats giving me more grief than anything else, but i can deal with all that im on my way and so happy although pity they cant do anything about stopping the cravings lol i really want fresh crusty bread and butter i know i cant have it so want it its so mad, but i know it will get better gonna try and book my fill next week so when i need it i wont have missed out and they be fully booked, it s so good to have this site and get the brilliant advice from everyone thanks again for all ur advice

Julie:thumbup:

Hi all, didn't end up going to Vegas last week but ended up in sunny Devon, 3lbs on due to clotted cream scones, oh and some drink.

I usually end up half stone on after a hols so 3lbs isn't too bad.

Kerry - I was gutted you couldn't have your first fill, I am back to how I felt, hungry and can't wait for another fill. The sooner we get to that so called "sweet spot" the better.

My next fill is 13th May, the months are flying by. Susan

Bloody hell Susan that was a bit of a come down, I would have been mortified......Devon - Vegas??? No contest is there. Are you going to Vegas at a later time?

And 3lbs on, not so bad kid lol.