Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Good to hear your almost back to normal fatpants. Im eating again though it is soft food. Weighed myself this morning and guess what after hardly eating anything for over a week due to band being too tight, Ive only lost 3/4lb. I think my body went into starvation mode and held onto any fat. Just goes to show a good balanced diet is always best

Hi Homecare,

I'm glad you are able to eat, this is very possitive! I know what you mean about the weight loss asn starvation mode, it just doesn't make sense , when I am bad and eat chocolate etc I still seem to lose weight, when I am really good and very strict with myself i usually stay the same or even put on weight! No sense!

Take care

Fatpants :scared2:

Thanks MiaBlue for hotel info. I don't want to sound negative but does anyone have regrets about having this done. I realise that posting doubts may not be appropriate so, even if you could e-mail me. I need to know all the pros and cons of things before I can commit to things fully. I sound a total bore, analyzing everything an really I'm not. I'm normally a fun loving person, but this to me is such a life changing decision.

Thanks again in advance

2plus

So something weird happened to me last night. I have been suffering slightly from acidy reflux type stuff over the last couple of weeks. Anything fruity even wine etc has been really affecting my throat and making it burn etc. Went to bed last night feeling quite tight and like my throat was sore. Woke up at 1am couldnt swallow anything wasnt in a massive amount of pain or anything carried on until 2am until in the end i had to give myself an emergency unfil of 1ml. I havent had a fill since the beginning of Sept so no idea why this has happened! Today i feel fine, still have restriction...i did mange to eat a whole jacket potato with tuna which is alot for me but i wanted to test how much i could eat to see how much taking out the 1ml affected my restriction. So i ate it all at 12.30 its now 6.30 and i still feel really full but not in an uncomfortable way. I dont think its slipped or anything and will just be monitering over the next week or so to make sure my restriction stays, i think my band just magically tightened for some reason!

Weird...any thoughts appreciated??

So something weird happened to me last night. I have been suffering slightly from acidy reflux type stuff over the last couple of weeks. Anything fruity even wine etc has been really affecting my throat and making it burn etc. Went to bed last night feeling quite tight and like my throat was sore. Woke up at 1am couldnt swallow anything wasnt in a massive amount of pain or anything carried on until 2am until in the end i had to give myself an emergency unfil of 1ml. I havent had a fill since the beginning of Sept so no idea why this has happened! Today i feel fine, still have restriction...i did mange to eat a whole jacket potato with tuna which is alot for me but i wanted to test how much i could eat to see how much taking out the 1ml affected my restriction. So i ate it all at 12.30 its now 6.30 and i still feel really full but not in an uncomfortable way. I dont think its slipped or anything and will just be monitering over the next week or so to make sure my restriction stays, i think my band just magically tightened for some reason!

sounds about right, i have went from needing a fill to nah dont need one 5 times in the last 2 weeks, sometimes i can eat platefull then next day 2 spoons, its crazy. what about stress you stressed at all. the only thing i do know is i get mega tight after a good bevvy but thats just stomach swelling with the booze.

there god dam crazy things

gx

That's odd CarrieJess, I haven't had mine long but it's never done anything that drastic. But, like Garry I do find that it is a day to day thing.

Any chance that it was that time of the month for you? I do notice that's when I get tighter.

haven’t posted on here for a long time but needed to have a good moan. I was banded in August 2008 by Dr Chris and have since lost 5 and a half stone. I have never felt any real restriction and have had 6 fills bringing me up to 5.5ml. I went for another fill a couple of days ago at my local private hospital and told him I was getting hungry a lot and haven’t lost any weight in the past 6 months and asked if he could do a complete de-fill to check how much was in there. When he checked there was only 1.5ml in there. No wonder I have been so bloody hungry all the time.

I’m obviously very worried that I have a leak somewhere and have E-mailed Dr Chris on Friday and I’m waiting for his reply.

I have been going to the gym 4 days a week and swimming for an hour 4 times a week and still haven’t lost much weight. I know you gain weight by going to the gym as muscle is heavier than fat but I would like the scales to go down, this is ridiculous.

I just want to point out that I am not blaming Dr Chris and I don’t regret having the band put it, I still think its the best decision I have ever made. I am just gutted that it’s not working for me at the moment. I think I may have had a problem with the band for about a year as that’s when my weight seemed to go up and down like a yo yo. I just wish I had asked him to check the level of Fluid in the band beforehand instead of wasting money on fills which were obviously going in one end and coming out the other.

Carrie as you know I had an overfill 2 weeks ago reflux, couldnt keep anything down etc. Now I can eat normally but if I drink wine Im getting burning in my throat and also Im getting reflux only if I drink wine. Strange as I was at the point of going to local hospital for a defil, now I can eat and drink normally. This band is bloody twisted, my husband says its just like its owner! jx

Hi Eric, many thanx for taking the time to post about jeans progress, so glad its over for her and that she's doing well.

bet you were scared when they thought it was you for the op lol.

Give jean and Jojo our love cant wait for them to tell of their experiences.

There are too many posts for me to reply to as I'm on the lappy and I hate it.

I feel a little low too, as yesterday I had to put my Mum in a home, it was getting too much for me, I did everything for her apart from breathe.

My family and even the social workers told me it was too much for me, after her living with us for 7 years, and she has deteriorated dreadfully since she broke her hip.

So I feel like a failure, i know I'm not but I feel so sorry for Mum, she was scared to be going into a home,but I just couldnt go on, it was making me so stressed out. Sorry to be a bore.

Will come back when I feel more positive.:thumbdown:

Hi Eric, many thanx for taking the time to post about jeans progress, so glad its over for her and that she's doing well.

I feel a little low too, as yesterday I had to put my Mum in a home, it was getting too much for me, I did everything for her apart from breathe.

My family and even the social workers told me it was too much for me, after her living with us for 7 years, and she has deteriorated dreadfully since she broke her hip.

So I feel like a failure, i know I'm not but I feel so sorry for Mum, she was scared to be going into a home,but I just couldnt go on, it was making me so stressed out. Sorry to be a bore.

Will come back when I feel more positive.:thumbdown:

So sorry to hear about you feeling a failure when you definately are the opposite. Any mother would be glad to have a daughter like you. Your mother will recieve round the clock attention from numerous carers and she will have a stress free daughter visiting her when she can. Try not to feel guilty as you have clearly done more than most. Jx

Will come back when I feel more positive.:smile:

Hi Freckles,

Sorry to hear about that, with two elderly parents to look after, know it cant have been an easy decision. Will pass on your regards to both. Everyone discharged safely at 2pm today and Jojo one of the strongest has just gone out for a walk with her companion. Jeanie is upstairs resting, felt a bit queezy after the barium from the xray before leaving hospital, but think its mainly tiredness. Frederick just been round to everyone at hotel at 7pm, cant fault these guys at all, very professional.

Forgot to mention to you all that when we arrived, Belgium was a whiteout after 3 days of snow. The roads are clear but the pavements over here still iced up like we were in uk after xmas, so anyone heading over next week for treatment bring hats, scarves, glooves and good treaded shoes.

Next post hopefully from Jeanie herself, best regs, Eric

Carrie as you know I had an overfill 2 weeks ago reflux, couldnt keep anything down etc. Now I can eat normally but if I drink wine Im getting burning in my throat and also Im getting reflux only if I drink wine. Strange as I was at the point of going to local hospital for a defil, now I can eat and drink normally. This band is bloody twisted, my husband says its just like its owner! jx

The wine thing is what i have been like since before xmas, very annoying. I am not sure but i think the reflux i have been suffering with for ages had irritated my throat/stomach and the other night my body just said thats its you cant even swallow now! Although i have taken some out im actually feeling much better and although i have already notcied that i can eat/drink quite a bit more i am hoping that i will still be able to maintain. I have not had any issues with staying the same weight since my last fill but eating has ben a bit of a battle as it has been much easier for me to eat slider foods and carbs etc so that i know that at least i have eaten something. Last night i ate chicken with no problems! I havent eaten chicken or meat really for months because it was too difficult. So i think i will be eating more but with better quality Protein and food to give me more energy for the gym etc. Plus i drank white wine last night and did not suffer with any reflux! In fact i feel pretty damn good! Just going to see what happens over the next few weeks before i even consider another fill!

Thanks! xx

p.s homecare be carefull with the acid etc from wine and fruit causing you pain/burning as thats how it started with me and its taken 5 months for me to irritate my throat so much that i needed an unfill x

haven’t posted on here for a long time but needed to have a good moan. I was banded in August 2008 by Dr Chris and have since lost 5 and a half stone. I have never felt any real restriction and have had 6 fills bringing me up to 5.5ml. I went for another fill a couple of days ago at my local private hospital and told him I was getting hungry a lot and haven’t lost any weight in the past 6 months and asked if he could do a complete de-fill to check how much was in there. When he checked there was only 1.5ml in there. No wonder I have been so bloody hungry all the time.

I’m obviously very worried that I have a leak somewhere and have E-mailed Dr Chris on Friday and I’m waiting for his reply.

I have been going to the gym 4 days a week and swimming for an hour 4 times a week and still haven’t lost much weight. I know you gain weight by going to the gym as muscle is heavier than fat but I would like the scales to go down, this is ridiculous.

I just want to point out that I am not blaming Dr Chris and I don’t regret having the band put it, I still think its the best decision I have ever made. I am just gutted that it’s not working for me at the moment. I think I may have had a problem with the band for about a year as that’s when my weight seemed to go up and down like a yo yo. I just wish I had asked him to check the level of Fluid in the band beforehand instead of wasting money on fills which were obviously going in one end and coming out the other.

Hello! Great to hear from you!

Sorry to hear about your problems, keep us updated with what Dr Chris says about your band. Has he got back to you yet? x

Freckles

Sending you love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello! Great to hear from you!

Sorry to hear about your problems, keep us updated with what Dr Chris says about your band. Has he got back to you yet? x

Hi Carriejess, no i havent received a reply yet. I have also sent a copy to Frederick but havent heard back from him either. You have done fantastic by the way!!! x