Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi, this is to all posters on this site,but more to the folk who have helped me!

as you all know i have been a total XXXXXXX for a wee while and posted some terrible things that should have been discussed at the time and using pm for sure.

anyway no excuses but i have been going through a wee rough patch myself and stupidly coming on this site and being totally un thoughtful.....so for what its worth and i mean it 100% to everyone and especially mmm,gaz,freckles....SORRY guys!!

i think you should know Gaz etc u hit the nail on the head i did use this site and it is brilliant,also it is the people who are on it that makes it great by telling the truth about the whole dirty ins and outs of being banded!!

so again freckles etc i apologise as i do normally laugh at the posts!you do have my sense o humour for sure.

ill finish by saying ill keep an eye on the pages and wish all pre bandsters and current bandsters all the best because it certainly is an emotional ride!:)

hopefully next time when i do post its something good and positive to say as i tried to do b4 the last few idiotic times!

TIN:confused:

Fair cop TIN takes more of a man to admit you were wrong than to write the stuff in the first place, it was out of character to what we know of you.

Buy a punchbag or go for a run that does it for me as we all have bad days and we deal with them differently.

Stick with your band, revisit the start of this thread and read through again as i am sure you will get some bits of advice you may have forgot.

Its just a blimp we are all here for the same reason.

g

Lol this is the question with no answer! Ok here goes...after surgery you will prob lose quite alot of weight with no fill because you are not used to it and swollen etc approx 4 weeksish after you will need a fill and you will keep needing fills until you get to between 5 and 8 mils, although this is different for everyone. Ok now some fill providers fill slowly and steadily which can be frustrating..this is when you go through bandster hell (ie being able to eat what you want and wondering why the hell you paid all of this money for a useless peice of crap :)) some providers aim to get you to a descent restriction level within 3 to 4 fills like wendy from wls. Occasionally you can be filled too tight and not be able to swallow your own spit in which case you will need to have a defill this is to be avoided if at all possible, they will make sure you can drink something after your fill to try and stop this from happening. If it does happen, then its a lesson well learnt and you will never do it again! As you lose weight you also lose weight from your insides this is what causes you to need fills to keep the band tight around your stomach. Even when you do have a good level of restriction eventually you will need another fill unless you are at goal. When you are at goal like me then the only reason you need a fill is because Water does eventually evaporate. The last fill i had was September and i don't have any plans for any more as yet.

So the moral of this story is that everyone is different but i would guestimate that you will need between 4-8 fills to get to goal depending on who your fill provider is and how well your body reacts to the band. You MUST reconcile yourself to this fact and understand the cost involved.

The happy ending is that everyone goes through the above and its just a natural part of having this kind of surgery. However its all just a learning curve, i had my surgery in oct 08, i can now eat what i want within reason and my band is not the focus of my life anymore. You will also get to this point but it does take time.

Sorry for the blunt post but i wish someone had said that to me before i had my op.

What i can say is that although the above sounds scary, its not devastating or bad its just different and i totally 2 million % percent worth it! x

Hi Carriejess, Very informative and helpfull thank you:wink2: Am three and a bit (15th Jan) weeks post op now and have lost nearly 1 stone really quickly almost one pound a day but have lost nothing in the last four days as I can eat what I want so have been naughty:mad: still at least I haven't put on any. I would like to be in control of food and not have food be the center of my life. I would also like to loose more weight before I get my fill on 26th but I know it's going to be hard going from now till then as having no restriction means self control which I have very little of when it comes to food. Going to Wales for a fill, they are only there once a month so I can't go before. Ah well what will be will be. You are a great inspiration to us all.

Edited by Baarbs

Hi Carriejess, Very informative and helpfull thank you:wink2: Am three and a bit (15th Jan) weeks post op now and have lost nearly 1 stone really quickly almost one pound a day but have lost nothing in the last four days as I can eat what I want so have been naughty:mad: still at least I haven't put on any. I would like to be in control of food and not have food be the center of my life. I would like to loose more weight before I get my fill on 26th but I know it's going to be hard going from now till then as having no restriction means self control which I have very little of when it comes to food, but going to Wales for a fill they are only there once a month so I can't go before. Ah well what will be will be. You are a great inspiration to us all.

Hey Baarbs

THats awesome well done, just relax be patient, be patient be patient, i know its far effin easier to write than to actually do but u will have time with your band that you will be pulling that lovely blonde hair out, i am nearly a year post op now and i need a wee fill so at the moment i am eating all around me again and put on a few pounds but i know that i am only a fill away from stopping that and for me that the big difference, i lost 7 stone myself 5 years ago and got to nearly where i am the now and was comfortable with myself getting compliments, dating and low and behold it all slipped back on but now it wont, the band wont let it happen. I think what i am saying is even if you eat around you and cant stop then you now have the tool that you just need wee fill and that temptation goes, then guess what 6-8 weeks later the cycle starts again, u start eating sh@te then you get nother fill. Others may be different but thats how it is for me and beleive me having that confidence that i can stop the temtation with a fill is worht all the hassle over the year.

you are so early and a stone down so accept it mrs, typical womn impatient hahahahahahahahaha

gxxx

Edited by garrymcfall

Hey Baarbs

THats awesome well done, just relax be patient, be patient be patient, i know its far effin easier to write than to actually do but u will have time with your band that you will be pulling that lovely blonde hair out, i am nearly a year post op now and i need a wee fill so at the moment i am eating all around me again and put on a few pounds but i know that i am only a fill away from stopping that and for me that the big difference, i lost 7 stone myself 5 years ago and got to nearly where i am the now and was comfortable with myself getting compliments, dating and low and behold it all slipped back on but now it wont, the band wont let it happen. I think what i am saying is even if you eat around you and cant stop then you now have the tool that you just need wee fill and that temptation goes, then guess what 6-8 weeks later the cycle starts again, u start eating sh@te then you get nother fill. Others may be different but thats how it is for me and beleive me having that confidence that i can stop the temtation with a fill is worht all the hassle over the year.

you are so early and a stone down so accept it mrs, typical womn impatient hahahahahahahahaha

gxxx

OK Mr Nag :) No really cheers for the support, thanks to your posts I decided to keep with Dr Chris's team for post care, I don't want to take any chances and they looked after me well in Belgium. What am I likely to get put in on the first fill? there seems to be different fills with different providers. Did you find out the info on the Xray check up you wanted? I'm sure I read somewhere that you could get an Xray at home and take it with you I was assuming at that time that Dr Cris could do the yearly check up in the UK and you could take your Xray with you.

OK Mr Nag :) No really cheers for the support, thanks to your posts I decided to keep with Dr Chris's team for post care, I don't want to take any chances and they looked after me well in Belgium. What am I likely to get put in on the first fill? there seems to be different fills with different providers. Did you find out the info on the Xray check up you wanted? I'm sure I read somewhere that you could get an Xray at home and take it with you I was assuming at that time that Dr Cris could do the yearly check up in the UK and you could take your Xray with you.

noone seems to have went, frederik and dr c mailed me back to say its done at dr c home nd its 50 euro but its the cost of the flights, i will get a fill on the 25th in edinburgh and get a chat with him there.

x

Hi, this is to all posters on this site,but more to the folk who have helped me!

as you all know i have been a total XXXXXXX for a wee while and posted some terrible things that should have been discussed at the time and using pm for sure.

anyway no excuses but i have been going through a wee rough patch myself and stupidly coming on this site and being totally un thoughtful.....so for what its worth and i mean it 100% to everyone and especially mmm,gaz,freckles....SORRY guys!!

i think you should know Gaz etc u hit the nail on the head i did use this site and it is brilliant,also it is the people who are on it that makes it great by telling the truth about the whole dirty ins and outs of being banded!!

so again freckles etc i apologise as i do normally laugh at the posts!you do have my sense o humour for sure.

ill finish by saying ill keep an eye on the pages and wish all pre bandsters and current bandsters all the best because it certainly is an emotional ride!:)

hopefully next time when i do post its something good and positive to say as i tried to do b4 the last few idiotic times!

TIN:confused:

lovely!

best wishes

Hi Baarbs,

I have stuck with Dr Chris's ream too, I had 3mls on the first fill, 2mls on the second and then had to have 1ml removed as after 2 days unable to swallow my own saliva. I was advised by the nurse doing the de-fill to drink at least 2 glasses of Water at the clinic just after the de-fill as if you have been over filled, you may not notice with just one glass of water. Hope thats helpful, my weight loss has been very slow though so whether or not they take that into account, I am not sure. Just to re-assure you, it is a really simple procedure which I barely felt.

best wishes

MiaBlue

Hi all,

I have just been banded last week by Dr Chris, am feeling very tight on the left side, is this normal? It is quite sore to get up and down from chairs and bed.... any thoughts?

Thanks

JB

It sounds about right jerseyb. If you have any redness, heat or discharge from your port site, that would be of concern though.

Hi all,

I have just been banded last week by Dr Chris, am feeling very tight on the left side, is this normal? It is quite sore to get up and down from chairs and bed.... any thoughts?

Thanks

JB

jb

i was tender for a few weeks, it gets tighter but thats just the healing process, like previous post sud if you get redness or heat around wound then a wee trip to doc for antibiotic will sort.

just listen to your body nd relax, dont think u feel great and do too much as it will bite you back.

g

Hi all,

Thanks

JB

Hi jersey if its on your left side it is probably your port.Your port is stitched to the inside of your belly and if its starting to heal the muscles and fat that is around that area will start to grow back together and when your bending up and down and moving about this will be tugging it .It will take about

4-6 weeks for it to have healed.It should ease off as the weeks go by you just have to take it easy and dont move to quick.

Oh God sorry Fatpants I didnt see your post I forgot to go to the next page.

Like I said to HC I know how it goes, especially the curdled milk waking you up, its horrendous... you poor thing.

Have you tried taking a fizzy drink to shift it, usually that works for me, I know you feel like you couldnt possibly get it down and the pain is awful for a few short minutes, but whatever is lodged always comes up for me, and you feel so much relief its unbelievable.

Also any sort of stress will cause the band to tighten, and if you are on mostly Water etc, that will make it tighten too.

Let us know how it goes chick , good luck xxx

Hi Freckles,

I tried the lemonade, and as you said it was very painful, so much so that I had to make myself sick, the lemonade is all that came out though! Anything is worth trying.

Take care

Fatpants:thumbup:

Hi Fatpants I had to phone Wendy and she has calmed me down a bit. I have discovered it is any time I eat anything solid Ive been sick which causes the part of the stomach which has band round it to swell this has been giving me so much pain especially in my back. I am so tight that I cant eat anything solid so Wendy has suggested I only drink liquids and maybe the odd very soft food until I see her for my next defill. What you describe is about something being stuck is exactly how I feel, but I think it is your just too tight for food to go down. Wendy told me to get calpol to relieve the pain, which has really helped. Hope you feel better soon. Jx

Hi Homecare,

Thanks for letting me know about your call to Wendy. Yesterday I only drank hot Water and hot water with stock cubes and that was fine. During the night I kept on waking feeling as if I were drowning with my mouth full of saliva. I was realy tired this morning so I went back to bed after the kids went to school, but i slept perched up on pillows, i didn't have the problem with saliva. today i have tried a cup of hot water a stock cube in hot water and a small cup of tea, I had bad pain with them all and so made myself sick. I have just had a dessert spoon of ice cream and I am now in pain.

I didn't think of taking a pain killer so I think I''l take some calpol... see what happens.

When is your defill? I was looking on Chris's website and I could go to Glasgow on the 19th. The thought of having another defill makes me quite upset, I was fine for two weeks, so why now? I don't know....

Take care

Fatpants :)

Thanks freckles and Carriejess your posts were very informative, I understand it more now and appreciate Carriejess's frankness. Sometimes bluntness is needed to get to the point, thanks again. Another question has arisen, what other providers are there, and would they be nearer then London, Edinburgh and south wales. I live in ST Helens (Merseyside) and would want somewhere nearer but at the same time would not want to compromise quality shall we say. Does anyone have any info and thoughts on this. :)

Thank you TIN for your apology, all that I wonder is why in the first place.

Jeanie, you're not far away from me, I'm in Runcorn so its pretty easy to go to Manchester, right near the airport, Frederik does the fills there for £90.

He is good at it too.