Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

That's brilliant both of you!

I know exactly what you mean Carrie, I'm probably differently proportioned to you though, my main gripe at the moment is the leg size of pants. If they fit my waist they look like clown pants. I can get hold of great big handfuls of material around my thighs and calves and bum... I want to wear pants that fit properly all the way down (skinny legs look ridiculous on this body!)

Bra sizes, used to love being a 34D, hating the 40F, with the band squidging in between my back fat :( dreaming of the day all will be smooth!!! (ish). Just hoping for not too much excess skin.

Hi Bobo, nice to see you, yes i spose it was amusing except when you're on the receiving end its not so nice.

And Garry we are not teasing you babe, we luvs you to bits. But what about Flirtydrawers?wub.gif

I see she was on here a little while ago, but very quiet, have you spoken to her, is she ok?

Hi frekles ye your right it was a bit ott. good to see your still lighting up the forum with your animation:thumbup:

Bless you Bobo, seems a shame that it takes a bit of a rumpus to get the old members back on. But people move on dont they. Sadly thats life. Be interesting to read the posts from the newbies once they are banded.

Yes thats true freckles i think once most folk are banded and know how it works and all the ins and out they dont need the forum as much as they did before and at the start of thier journey.I still keep up to date and pop on and read all the threads.Its good to see all the newbies come on and ask all the same questions we did at the start of the journey.And if i can pop up and answer any question that anyone might have i will.:(

hi puddlejumper,,

i am sorry kiddo i cant help you there, only know scotland, why dont you email fred and he may help frederik.serneels@ecfs.be

Sorryyy

x

Ok Garry, thanks anyway. I havent been called kiddo in a while, put a wry smile on my face, been called grandad for four years now so that's proof enough.

Only 5 weeks to wait now OMG !!:(

If anyone wants to add me to thier Facebook also it is nikif2604@hotmail.com

I have failed miserably to put a piccie on here so then you can see what I look like, please put a message with request so I know you are from the bandster forum, thanks everyone

MiaBlue = Niki:smile2:

Hey all

This is more than likely my last post as a non bandster!! :thumbup:

I'm off tomorrow morning at 4am to catch my flight to Brussels from this cold, snowy german place I am living in at the min!! :) I wish sometimes that I was back in the UK (roll on April til we visit home!!) cos this snow is driving me insane! I'm terrified they're gonna cancel my flights tomorrow!!

Banding on Friday :smile2: then home again Sunday! How nervous but excited am I now?!?!?!?! lol

Thank you all for your wisdom and advice pre op...will be picking your brians post op I'm sure! Hopefully no more kasepimmels (german for a cheesy mans bits) will come trying to put down all those people who are a great network of support for us newbies!!

Thanks again all......you made me feel so at ease!! :w00t: xxxx

Hey all

I'm off tomorrow morning at 4am to catch my flight to Brussels from this cold, snowy german place I am living in at the min!! :) I wish sometimes that I was back in the UK (roll on April til we visit home!!) cos this snow is driving me insane! I'm terrified they're gonna cancel my flights tomorrow!!

Banding on Friday :smile2: then home again Sunday! How nervous but excited am I now?!?!?!?! lol

Thank you all for your wisdom and advice pre op...will be picking your brians post op I'm sure! Hopefully no more kasepimmels (german for a cheesy mans bits) will come trying to put down all those people who are a great network of support for us newbies!!

The very best of luck to you, hope all goes well and look forward to hearing back from you on your return.

Best wishes

MiaBlue

Well i did it, am now officially a bandster.

Arrived in brussels on eurostar on Monday evening, taxi driver from ecfs met me as planned and drove me to camponile hotel, nothing fancy just ur normal hotel.

Frederick then tuened up and discussed op with me and gave me papers to sign.

Arrived at hospital next morning admitted and give usual blood test, ecg etc. They shaved my belly, put stocking on me and popped a canular/drip in my hand.

Finally got wheeled down for Op about 1400 was in recovery for 3, little bit sore but not too bad, went back to room to sleep it off, was very hard not drinking but they gave me Water to rinse my mouth.

Nurses were fantatic whole way through with the exception of the one on nights last night. I pressed the alarm cos i needed loo and they had left sides of bed up so i couldnt get out, after an hour noone turned up so i managed to get out of bed and use loo, unfortunatly i collapsded in there ans cut my lip, must of been the general cos i was totally spaced out.

This morning i had another chat with de bruyne he told me all went well, gave me xray, no probs and then bcack to hotel, where i sit now before I catch eurostar tomorrow.

Thanks for all ut tips before i got here they all came in useful, been difficult doing it on my own but not impossible.

Will post again soon whenim not so sore :-)

Cankster

Arrived in brussels on eurostar on Monday evening, taxi driver from ecfs met me as planned and drove me to camponile hotel, nothing fancy just ur normal hotel.

Arrived at hospital next morning admitted and give usual blood test, ecg etc. They shaved my belly, put stocking on me and popped a canular/drip in my hand.

Finally got wheeled down for Op about 1400 was in recovery for 3, little bit sore but not too bad, went back to room to sleep it off, was very hard not drinking but they gave me Water to rinse my mouth.

Nurses were fantatic whole way through with the exception of the one on nights last night. I pressed the alarm cos i needed loo and they had left sides of bed up so i couldnt get out, after an hour noone turned up so i managed to get out of bed and use loo, unfortunatly i collapsded in there ans cut my lip, must of been the general cos i was totally spaced out.

This morning i had another chat with de bruyne he told me all went well, gave me xray, no probs and then bcack to hotel, where i sit now before I catch eurostar tomorrow.

Thanks for all ut tips before i got here they all came in useful, been difficult doing it on my own but not impossible.

Cankster

Good to hear all went well, apart from the lip, hope your journey home goes well, best wishes MiaBlue

Hi Cankster

Glad to hear everything went well and you are now on the road to recovery.

Looking forward to hearing from you over the next few weeks on how you cope with it all

I am booked in for 12th March and looking forward to the start of my journey

Have a safe journey home and look forward to hearing from you soon

Scooby Doo

Cankster

Hey all

tracy

Best of luck you will be grand, keep us posted on your recovery.

g

Cankster

Cankster

Well done, sorry to hear about your fall, its great to hera fresh experiences good and bad, i am sure it really heps the people about to head out, these wee things are sent to try us.

Glad pretty much went well

g