Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

About that list what you can or cannot eat, I think it is vague for a reason, we can all eat different things at different levels of fill. My example is at 4.8ml I can eat every thing, meat, fresh bread. However at 6ml fill level, I cannot each bread or chips but any meat as long as its well chewed is fine. At 6.5 I can only tollerate chocolate, cake and soft foods. Although it seams strange I get a better weight loss at just under 6ml, because I'm not relying on slider foods (chocs, cakes).

The round dutch crispbreads are also available at ASDA by the crackers and biscuits.

Hope this clears things up a bit, but each person on here will have diferent results with different foods.

Hi All,

I had my band done by Dr Chris on 5 Feb and for the first time this morning weighed myself and have managed to put on 1 kg! I have only been having Milk, Tea, Soup and Yoghurt. I am so disheartened!

Did anyone else have this issue?

JB:sad:

Hi All,

I had my band done by Dr Chris on 5 Feb and for the first time this morning weighed myself and have managed to put on 1 kg! I have only been having Milk, Tea, Soup and Yoghurt. I am so disheartened!

Did anyone else have this issue?

JB:sad:

Hi JB

Have clicked on which one you are!!! :wink2: I was also banded the 5th by Dr C...went down after you!! I've lost 18lb since the band was fitted but have been exercising and have to admit that I started pureed food after a week cos I was so bored of soup and slimfast shakes! Have had a dabble with a bit of salmon too...don't seem to have much restriction so was gonna go for a fill this week, but have decided against it until next month!

Bought a cross trainer so been using that and generally feeling fab! Maybe you're not eating enough hun....maybe by having some pureed food it'll kick start your weight loss!!

Have you been steering clear of high fat milk, yoghurt etc?

How's it all been going in general? Are you still in the UK, or have you gone back to India?

Lotsa loves xxx :thumbup:

Hi JB

Have clicked on which one you are!!! :wink2: I was also banded the 5th by Dr C...went down after you!! I've lost 18lb since the band was fitted but have been exercising and have to admit that I started pureed food after a week cos I was so bored of Soup and slimfast shakes! Have had a dabble with a bit of salmon too...don't seem to have much restriction so was gonna go for a fill this week, but have decided against it until next month!

Bought a cross trainer so been using that and generally feeling fab! Maybe you're not eating enough hun....maybe by having some pureed food it'll kick start your weight loss!!

Have you been steering clear of high fat milk, yoghurt etc?

How's it all been going in general? Are you still in the UK, or have you gone back to India?

Lotsa loves xxx :thumbup:

Hi Tracy

You got it right, not happy but then again I took a bad fall one week back and fractured 3 ribs so can't exercise at all. I am on semi skimmed milk and fat free yoghurt.

I can hardly move because of the ribs. Even breathing is a pain!! Literally!!!

I want a fill asap.... they will not do until 4 weeks past the operation.

I am really pleased to hear of your loss, its fantastic and keep going girl.

Hope all else is well.

love

xxxx

Hi Tracy

You got it right, not happy but then again I took a bad fall one week back and fractured 3 ribs so can't exercise at all. I am on semi skimmed milk and fat free yoghurt.

I can hardly move because of the ribs. Even breathing is a pain!! Literally!!!

I want a fill asap.... they will not do until 4 weeks past the operation.

I am really pleased to hear of your loss, its fantastic and keep going girl.

Hope all else is well.

love

xxxx

Tracy my dear, just a few lines in your message gave me a little more conviction about what is possible with this new tool we are all lucky enough to either in my case about to adopt or as in numerous others already using. By this I mean the fact that you lost over a stone inside a short time frame and the fact that you went on to sort of solid food early too, and the even more amazing fact that your excerising so soon too. I am impressed so much that I feel even more ready to take the step today. I tried to swap my money for Euro's today but the rate is crap on weekends but a little moreso than of late. So I am hanging on in there until maybe someone suggests a really good company or outlet who can exchange it with a better rate. BUT needless to say BRING IT ON, I AM READY:w00t:. Take care and best of luck with your new venture x

I'm sure you'll be more than fine, time really dragged for me beforehand too. Your son will love it, my friend who came with me loves lager and he's missing Brussels like mad now (keeps on about his affair with Leffe!!)

Hi Jojo

Look at you with your new ticker....LOL

suits ya !

I am sure my lad will enjoy some time alone with a beer or several, and at good ol' dads expense no doubt (bless him)

Keep going honey I am not that far behind you now !

Paul

Hi Jojo

Look at you with your new ticker....LOL

suits ya !

I am sure my lad will enjoy some time alone with a beer or several, and at good ol' dads expense no doubt (bless him)

Keep going honey I am not that far behind you now !

Paul

Thanks Paul, I'm proud of my ticker so far, lol.

Best rate for money is Travelex online, but max they will deliver is the equivalent of £2,500.00. If you have a local Travelex outlet, you can order more for pick up. I did the max through Travelex, then the rest through Post Office online. Hope this helps. x

Thanks Paul, I'm proud of my ticker so far, lol.

Best rate for money is Travelex online, but max they will deliver is the equivalent of £2,500.00. If you have a local Travelex outlet, you can order more for pick up. I did the max through Travelex, then the rest through Post Office online. Hope this helps. x

Thanks JOJO, believe it or not the local travel agents in town were offering a better rate than the one I saw just now on travelex !! Maybe I will keep an eye on theirs this week.

How has week 1 gone then honey? Paul

Thanks JOJO, believe it or not the local travel agents in town were offering a better rate than the one I saw just now on travelex !! Maybe I will keep an eye on theirs this week.

How has week 1 gone then honey? Paul

Painfully!! Lol. Not really that bad, I'm a bit of a softie. Getting there though. Had my first non-liquid food tonight, only a very small quantity and chewed it until it was definite mush. Still think it's a bit early in hindsight and might go back to the Soup tomorrow.

Good on ya if you've found a better exchange rate, I wish I'd shopped around a bit more.

JB...oh no hun....fancy falling!! Make sure you rest up until those ribs are healed. Maybe once you're up and walking around the weight will start coming off too!! Keep in touch and let me know how you go!! Sending lots of nursy hugs and good vibes to feel better!! xxx

Paul

Thank you, its the nurse in me that makes me not want to be a 'patient' and get on with things....I don't take kindly to being 'ill'!! I can manage 2 sessions of 10 mins on the cross trainer.....not major exercise! Don't get me wrong, the first few days are uncomfortable, especially round my port site and drain site, but I managed with paracetamol and found it easier to be on my feet pottering round than sat in a chair (my 2 yr old helped with that too!!)....and the bed??? that was the worst for me as I'm a side/tummy sleeper! I was sleeping on my side from night 2 using a pillow on the left hand side to support my tummy...used it until a few nights ago! Someone also suggested to me to buy one of those support belts for your stomach, you know like weight lifters wear, which holds things tight and helps if you're sore! I managed without but a friend of mine bought one and swore by it! Have you tried the post office for euros? When we come home to the UK we use it as we've always gotton a better exchange rate (I live in germany with my soldier hubby!) xx

Jojo, great weight loss babe!! :thumbup:) I was the same when I tried thicker food! Thought it was stuck lol! I'm now on mashed things and find it a lot better as I actually feel realy full, where as with the liquids was never totally 'full'! Hope the pain subsides soon hun xx

Hi, can anyone tell me when I should have my stiich taken out, there is only one isn't there? I can't remember when they said.

I am eating some solids now as the liquids are not filling me. Sticking too mash potato's, Pasta and chewing things really well.

Have lost about 9lb since post op.:thumbup:

Banded 12th of Feb.

:thumbup: well done on your weight loss hun!! I had mine out 10 days post op...there are stitches in all wounds hun! It didn't hurt at all so don't worry about it! :wink2: xxx

Well I'm back on the Soup again today. Felt too uncomfortable last night to carry on trying more solid stuff yet. And to be fair, I do get full off half a tin of soup, so I'm happy to carry on with it.

Still quite painful getting up / sitting down etc but not too bad the rest of the time. I feel a bit "stooped over" but I'm struggling to feel comfortable standing / walking straight, people keep asking me if I've hurt my back. I still have a feeling of tightness round my ribcage, particularly around the port / drain area. I think some exercise would help... I might try parking further away from work and taking a 15 minute walk in tomorrow, providing it's not icy.

Tracy, can I be nosey? As you are the same age as me, I was wondering if you have roughly the same to lose? It would be good to track my progress against someone else who has the same goal and is the same age. It would probably motivate me too.

Hi, can anyone tell me when I should have my stiich taken out, there is only one isn't there? I can't remember when they said.

I am eating some solids now as the liquids are not filling me. Sticking too mash potato's, Pasta and chewing things really well.

Have lost about 9lb since post op.:thumbup:

Banded 12th of Feb.

Well done Jean! :wink2: Wow, mash and pasta already, I wouldn't dare yet!! lol. Jonnie says hi to both of you and it was lovely to meet you. x

I'm going to phone my doctors tomorrow to see about stitches etc. I've been a bit soft, I re-dressed the 3 other wounds but I haven't dared touch the two main ones, they still have their original dressings on!

Edited by jojo33

Morning Jojo

I don't have a goal weight as such....just would love to be a size 12/14.....so I have a LONG way to go lol:laugh:

I'm aiming for another stone before Easter cos I'm coming back to the UK for easter holidays and would love to show them all what I can achieve!!

Will PM you more details...

xxxx :frown: