Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

I wanted to ask you all, what friends reactions were to you when you told them about having the band fitted. I have only told family and a few very close friends and am apprehensive about telling too many people in these early days. (Even some family were very against it and tried to dissuade me from getting it done) I am sure once I am near target that I will want to shout it from the rooftops but wondered what reactions you had from others.

best wishes MiaBlue

Hi Miablue, You don't have to tell anyone if you don't want to it's personal. I made the mistake of telling too many people one friend within a day had told her whole family and another friend of mine who promptly phoned me to ask why I was having it done it will make me look old and haggard, nice friends eh, Oh and she phones me every week to ask how much Iv'e lost and that she has lost the same as me but doing it naturally!!!.You would think I was a drug addict or somthing. You will find very few people who will support you wholehartedly. Wait untill you have lost your weight Think of the negative comments Fern Britton got. Only tell the people you really trust who love you whatever. That's only my advice though. x

Edited by Baarbs

Been very tired since I got back, not done very much at all. The op went well, felt a bit sick afterwards, but was fine when given sickness tablets. Was very impressed with the whole set up, being picked up and taken everywhere. The care before and after, from all staff was excellent. The Hospital and Hotel was very clean. I was very lucky, I got a room to myself because they thought my name was a man's name and all the beds had gone by then, they couldn't put me on the men's ward, so the only one left was a private room with telly and all. Maybe I'm not jinxed after all.

Good advice was given from Barbs about taking your own mugs and coffee. Can buy milk from local shops.

The Hotel stops serving meals at the weekend, but they will make Snacks for you or order out side pizza on request.

Resturant on forth floor of Hospital for those travelling with you. Don't forget to take passport for identification and take a ticket from the machine when you first go into Hospital.

Hi Jojo, hope you got home safely, that plane delay was a pain, in more ways than one. Say hello to Johnny from me and Eric, he's a nice guy.

Sorry to hear that Freckles is feeling low. Hope it want be for long, miss reading her comments and good advice. Sending hugs and kisses xxxx

Hi all dont know how much I ve lost this week but was out with a friend shopping yesterday and tried on a pair of 14 jeans with nooo stretch and they were far too big so I tried on a 12 and they fitted perfectly, guess what I was sooo pleased I bought 2 pair. I also bought a size 12 evening dress. It felt so damn good.

On the subject of big knickers for all new bandsters, I had a burning nippy pain on my port side for 5 weeks after op and the only thing that helped was wearing big waist pincher knickers from Marks and Spencers.

Carrie jess sorry to hear your having relationship problems but if they are worth it, it will sort itself out. I always say whats for you wont go by you, Good luck hun. Jx

Morning all

Just looking for a wee bit of advice/reassurance!!

I was banded on the 5th Feb and am considering going to Brussels on the 27th Feb for my first fill....3 weeks post op....do you think its too soon? Dr Chris is on holiday this week but have emailed Frederik who said he thinks it would be fine! Although 2 other women I know with bands have said its far too soon and I might get erosion if I push it too soon...apprehensive or what?!?!?

I can't get down in March as my hubby (in the army) is away on exercise, and I didn't really want to wait til April....what do you think??

We live in Germany thats why I'll be going to Brussels, and its a 4-5hour car drive so don't really want to do it on my own with 2 kids in tow!!

Thanks in advance, hope you're all well!! xxxx

Morning all

Just looking for a wee bit of advice/reassurance!!

I was banded on the 5th Feb and am considering going to Brussels on the 27th Feb for my first fill....3 weeks post op....do you think its too soon? Dr Chris is on holiday this week but have emailed Frederik who said he thinks it would be fine! Although 2 other women I know with bands have said its far too soon and I might get erosion if I push it too soon...apprehensive or what?!?!?

I can't get down in March as my hubby (in the army) is away on exercise, and I didn't really want to wait til April....what do you think??

We live in Germany thats why I'll be going to Brussels, and its a 4-5hour car drive so don't really want to do it on my own with 2 kids in tow!!

Thanks in advance, hope you're all well!! xxxx

Pesonally I think its far too soon. Your bodys been through a trauma and it takes around 6 weeks for it to heal. My sister was in the same position as you and her fill provider wouldnt even consider it. I know its dissapointing but it really is for your own good. Its up to you if Frederick is willing to do it only you can decide but I know I was still healing after 5 weeks. Good luck. Jx

Pesonally I think its far too soon. Your bodys been through a trauma and it takes around 6 weeks for it to heal. My sister was in the same position as you and her fill provider wouldnt even consider it. I know its dissapointing but it really is for your own good. Its up to you if Frederick is willing to do it only you can decide but I know I was still healing after 5 weeks. Good luck. Jx

i would tend to agree, sorry.

gx

Bloody hell Tracy, you not heard of the hare and the tortoise.

You had mine done day after you and I'm still sore and swollen!! Dont do it mate, if anything goes wrong it means you just spunked 4 grand, wait a while babe x

lol Cankster...not at all sore or swollen anymore, wounds all healed nicely and I'm raring to do some exercise....bloody 6inches of snow and ice still so no walking for now! :thumbdown:

Have decided to take your advice, and am going to wait until April....off to buy a crosstrainer this weekend I think as still can't use the rowing machine apparently! :thumbdown:

I knew I could rely on you lot to give me some advice!!

x x x x

Hows it going Cankster? Did the girlfriend do her nursing duties well? Lie I said, I'm all healed (outside anyway) and raring to begin a slimer life! Have lost 17.5lb in the 2 weeks so fairly chuffed although its defo slowed down now I'm on puree and not just liquids!! xx

Good to hear about your experience, did anyone see the Daily Mail today, go online, it it about a lady who has lost weight with a gastric band, she has taken pictures every month and you can really see the difference. Don't think I can be that brave, wish I could as you can see how much your body changes.

Uh-oh, I found them circular holland toast things they gave us in hospital to eat the day after the op. Been on Soup etc since I came home, but these things are soooo nice with jam or honey on, and they're allowed coz they dissolve so well!!! Oh nooooo!! :confused: But, mmmmmmmm chewing is great, I've missed it. Hahaha

Edited by jojo33

Hi Splatt

HOw are things - just read the article and she looks fantastic - thats gonna be me in 12 months time lol

Not long till the 12th March now - getting more and more excited by the minute. Desperate to get it over with and start the journey to health and happiness

Think i'm gonna keep a photo diary like her too - would motivate you to keep on track seeing the difference:thumbup:

Kerry

Good to hear about your experience, did anyone see the Daily Mail today, go online, it it about a lady who has lost weight with a gastric band, she has taken pictures every month and you can really see the difference. Don't think I can be that brave, wish I could as you can see how much your body changes.

Jojo

Just wanted to say well done on your weight loss so far - you must be delighted - you are well on your way to a fitter, healthier you

Will be joining you in a few more short weeks - cant wait

Kerry

Uh-oh, I found them circular holland toast things they gave us in hospital to eat the day after the op. Been on Soup etc since I came home, but these things are soooo nice with jam or honey on, and they're allowed coz they dissolve so well!!! Oh nooooo!! :confused: But, mmmmmmmm chewing is great, I've missed it. Hahaha

Jojo

Just wanted to say well done on your weight loss so far - you must be delighted - you are well on your way to a fitter, healthier you

Will be joining you in a few more short weeks - cant wait

Kerry

Thanks Kerry, I'm really pleased myself. Didn't think it would be dropping off this quickly. I know it's going to slow down sometime soon but what a boost to get rid of that first stone or so! I'm now officially lighter than I have been in 3 years or so. My next goal is to have got rid of enough for it to be very noticable by the end of May. That's the next time I'm going to see my parents and I haven't told them I've had it done.

Are you really excited? Scared at all? Everyone is lovely over there, try not to be too apprehensive. x

Thanks again MiaBlue and JoJo for your dietry advice. JoJo keep up the good work. Thats quite an impressive weightloss in less than a week. Now I just need to get my head together and start it. Now that its looming, all I seem to want to do is eat. I cant face eating first thing in the morning, but after teatime, I eat like its going out of fashion. I really cant wait for my new life to start.

Looking at those photos in the daily mail of the woman who lost 10st really inspires me. I would like to think this could be me soon.....I can live in hope.

Scooby Doo, I was originally booked for 12th March but it got changed. I will be anxious to follow your journey. Goodluck

Thanks again MiaBlue and JoJo for your dietry advice. JoJo keep up the good work. Thats quite an impressive weightloss in less than a week. Now I just need to get my head together and start it. Now that its looming, all I seem to want to do is eat. I cant face eating first thing in the morning, but after teatime, I eat like its going out of fashion. I really cant wait for my new life to start.

Looking at those photos in the daily mail of the woman who lost 10st really inspires me. I would like to think this could be me soon.....I can live in hope.

Scooby Doo, I was originally booked for 12th March but it got changed. I will be anxious to follow your journey. Goodluck

2plus4, that weight loss is from the start of my pre-op diet. I think I've lost about 7lb since the op itself. Don't be too hard on yourself, we all go through the same with regards wanting to eat everything prior to the pre-op diet. I slipped a fair few times even during the 2 weeks before I went. The main thing is try not to have too much fatty stuff, helps with the surgery if your liver isn't fatty. You'll be amazed like I am afterwards, I've never known until now what it's like not to be hungry, I'm actually having to make a conscious effort to have enough each day, very odd. Obviously this will change as the swelling goes down but I'm enjoying it for now. Wasting a lot of brews etc having to pour half of them away because they've gone cold now that I drink so slowly! :confused: