Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

No not at all, iv lost 17lb since i had my band (5wks this fri). i know what you mean about yo-yo dieting iv been yo-yoing for 20 years but this last couple of years i just havnt been able to shift any, i did think about starting to smoke again but im glad i didnt. Its still hard work with the band and you really do have to work at it but it is a massive help and im sure your daughter will be fine, are you going with her x

Ahh thanx Wishful, I'm not doing that good, but at least I've stopped drinking every night like i have been doing, been having a couple ( purely medicinal you know lol) every night for years.

So that should help the ole liver.

Gary i would definitely go and get that checked out, it doesnt seem right at all.x

wishfull

Contacted cdb and he said put ice on it and check with GP. Done that and he thinks its just delayed post op bruising and swelling and said all wounds are nice clean and not inflamed.

Seems to have went down a little though.

Thanks again

Nice to have the support

Garry

x

Speak to frederick, or Dr Chris today, AND see your GP, urgent. What does your mum think it is or are you keeping it from her. Let me know how you get on. Waiting to hear back soon. :blushing:

marg

Contacted cdb and he said put ice on it and check with GP. Done that and he thinks its just delayed post op bruising and swelling and said all wounds are nice clean and not inflamed.

I had told my mum hahahahaha, seems to have went down a bit.

You decided on your menu, i think fillet steak and chips is just perfect, ooops am dreaming again says he as I tuck into a bowl of custard, how flamboyant.

hahahahaha

Thanks for support

Garry

x

marg

I had told my mum hahahahaha, seems to have went down a bit.

You decided on your menu, i think fillet steak and chips is just perfect, ooops am dreaming again says he as I tuck into a bowl of custard, how flamboyant.

hahahahaha

Thanks for support

Garry

x

ooooohhhh custard i forgot that, perhaps I'll have starter and two deserts small amounts obviously. I did try a some corned beef pie, no pastry crust, with gravy a few mins ago, just to make sure I could eat mushy stuff, and yes it went down no trouble but I did eat slowly, so I should be ok tomorrow.

Take it easy for a while now, and let mum spoil you a bit, we love looking after our brood.

So pleased things are getting better. love mmmm

Wishful, she is ecstatic as she thinks it's the answer to her probs - doesn't want to be a serial yo-yoer like me!!

thank you for the info re injections - sounds pretty simple.

How much weight have you lost since you had your surgery - hope you don't mind me asking?

cheers

k

welcome kaka, You've come to the right place, this group will help you and your daughter through your journey.

My daughter was banded in summer 2007 and has lost 4 st, seeing the results has motivated me to get the band done, I was in the fri 13th group, although i had to put on about 9lb to get my BMI up to 35 it has been so worth it, my main reason was to stop yo yo dieting so who knows it might be you going to belgium in a few years.

Have you booked the package with frederick, I found everything organised to perfection with no worries, even the taxi drivers he ordered spoke fluent english and were more like limo drivers, even the chamber maids were 100% fluent and offered extra pillows etc.

Hi gary im so glad everything is ok, you were wise to get it checked out tho..piece of mind for yourself if nothing else. Just make sure you get plenty of rest it will help your recovery x

OMG its awful isnt it..you can feel it travelling up and getting stuck..its like you want an enormous burp but cant..i tried everything but nothing works totally..it gets a bit better every day, but is miserable..i suffered bad with it too..and it lasts til about day 10-11 really.. remegel helped a bit,also get yourself straight as poss, walk around and put your arms above your head..i just didnt know what to do with myself.ans stayed in for the first week...but it will get better..anything spicy doesnt help, stick to milky based things like actimel,petit filous..it gets worse at night too when you sit down..sorry cant tell you a miraculous cure, but it will go bit by bit every day..sometimes i still get a bit of it if i eat something too quick or dont chew enough or eat too much..it seems to hurt around my left collar bone, but like you say travels around the chest,like your gonna have heart attack,it had me close to tears sometimes. hope your feeling better soon..Gillian x

Hi Gillian thanks for that!!! It is bloody awful, worse than the pain of surgery!!!! How are you getting on with your weight loss?? :mad2: When do you take of the bandages?? Thanks all advise gratefully received

Hi all

This post might show up in the middle of anothers post as I am unsure at how to do this - so sorry in advance!

I have been reading everyones posts which I've found really helpful & entertaining!! My daughter is booked with Dr De Bruyne on 6th March & I think we are up to speed with everything apart from the need for "injections" after the op - can someone help me with further info?

cheers

k

Hi kaka, Wellcome to you and your daughter,

I see your daughter is getting her op on the 6 march so am i did you book direct with fredrick? This site is very helpful you will get your answers about those injections im a bit worried about them myself:crying: this is a fab forum so glad i found it there is loads of info and friendly advise there a great bunch here its great to know there be somebody on the same day as me we will have to meet up have a chat i think im staying in Campanale Vilverde not sure yet waiting for Frederick to email me, im sure will bump in to one another at the hosp, has she started her pre op diet yet? Im from Ireland do you mind if i ask you where your traveling from, is your daughter nervous, im starting to get a bit jittery now Hope to hear from you soon!:mad2:

Edited by shoes

Hey garry and shoes well i drink vodka and red bull no probs umm yummy and i drink fizzy mineral no probs even on its own so its defo not a prob for me lol Hi bubble i know what ur saying iv had 5fills and still not at sweet spot so its defo hard work but well worth it

Hey garry and shoes well i drink vodka and red bull no probs umm yummy and i drink fizzy mineral no probs even on its own so its defo not a prob for me lol Hi bubble i know what ur saying iv had 5fills and still not at sweet spot so its defo hard work but well worth it

Hi Flirtylass,thats great to Know look forward to that a bit afraid of the coke mind you,did you have somthing nice the night before op :mad2:

Wellcome Garry sorry to hear your having a bit of trouble hope your feeling better soon,guy's are right about getting it checked out:smile:

Hello All, Ive been reading these forums now for quite a while and after reading of you guys experiances with Dr Cdb Ive decided to go with him, Ive finally got all my money together after saving/working so hard over the last few months....hopefully it will be worth it!

Btw my Im a bloke of 35 6ft height ( lol ) weighing it at around 21 stone; been a yoyo diet'er for years you name it Ive done it but just cant seem to get under the 20st mark...

I sent a email to fredrich I think thats his name,,, and he has provisionally booked me in on that inclusive package for the 7th april im starting to get butterflys already... But I just keep reminding myself I really need to do this for my health, in my family diabetes/ Blood pressure is a issue and I dont want to go down that route...Ive got a daughter of 3yo and I wanna live long enough too see her grow up if possible.

Anyway thanks peeps for your encouraging posts what I'd like to ask you guys is how did you pay your deposit to fredrich was it by bank transfer???

I have loads more questions also but I wont bore you too much at once lol..

Tony.

Thanks mmm, i have lost 35lb since oct 08 but feel like i have come to a complete standstill and dont know how to get it moving again, well i do its more excercise :-( going for my 4th fill in march hopefully this will help when did you get your band ?

Tks Flirtylass am i right i read you got your band in Sept 08 are you excercising like mad? is that how you have lost 5stone or is it just falling of you? i got my band in Oct 08 and have lost 2 and a half stone but for the last 2 weeks the scales have not moved starting to really annoy me i must stop getting on the bleeding thing every day lol any suggestions for kick starting it again because the next fill is not untill 1st thursday in march

Hello All, Ive been reading these forums now for quite a while and after reading of you guys experiances with Dr Cdb Ive decided to go with him, Ive finally got all my money together after saving/working so hard over the last few months....hopefully it will be worth it!

Btw my Im a bloke of 35 6ft height ( lol ) weighing it at around 21 stone; been a yoyo diet'er for years you name it Ive done it but just cant seem to get under the 20st mark...

I sent a email to fredrich I think thats his name,,, and he has provisionally booked me in on that inclusive package for the 7th april im starting to get butterflys already... But I just keep reminding myself I really need to do this for my health, in my family diabetes/ Blood pressure is a issue and I dont want to go down that route...Ive got a daughter of 3yo and I wanna live long enough too see her grow up if possible.

Anyway thanks peeps for your encouraging posts what I'd like to ask you guys is how did you pay your deposit to fredrich was it by bank transfer???

I have loads more questions also but I wont bore you too much at once lol..

Tony.

Hi Tony your very welcome this is a fab forum you find all the info you need to know here im getting op 6th March i wasn't sure how to transfer deposit to Frederick he said it was ok i could bring full amount with me, I know how you feel I've tried everything you name it I've tried it i also feel so unhealthy at the mo want to do something before its to late,the guy's who have had op here are having great success, so happy days, hope this is of some help:smile: