Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I tried to post this before but I guess the Bariatric Gods did like it

IM 64 days out and i am loving it. I know the first time my Doctor told me I have to walk 10000 steps a day I want to cuss him out a hundred fold. In my mind i was thinking what the f**k are you talking about im not about to run a Marathon what is this foolishness you speak of. It was another one of those moments when I was about to throw in the towel. But i got over it told myself I dont have to do 10000 a day I can do 2000 maybe 3500 but then i had my surgery and I started to lose and lose and lose and this energy made me get up and walk I noticed that when i walk I can poop easier and the weight comes off even faster and now i find myself determined to to hit 10000 everyday I must say that the Fitbit has been a great tool for me but i think it you have a step counter it will inspire you. I found good step counters on Wish.com for cheap.

if your a Fitbit owner and want to have some motivation add me to you fitbit friends list Madmanpbsgc@gmail.com

I'm a big fitbit fan too - I usually can hit 10,000 steps daily, just from work, but it's the days off that I have to push myself to get out of the house and walk as much as I can. I hope the fact that I'm walking so much now will help me out when I am post-op.

I need to charge my Fitbit. Then maybe we can do challenges to inspire each other.

I'm a big fitbit fan too - I usually can hit 10,000 steps daily, just from work, but it's the days off that I have to push myself to get out of the house and walk as much as I can. I hope the fact that I'm walking so much now will help me out when I am post-op.

yes lets get our fitbit on add me we can challenge each other

I love my Fitbit also it helps motivate me every day 10,000 steps a day sometimes more I really believe the walking helps us to be stronger I actually fell stronger ????‍♀️

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

15,000 a day here..I'm constantly challenging myself..glad my energy has come back so I can get those steps in! Lol

I love my Fitbit. I have joined many stepping challenges. I would enjoy participating in any of your challenges for motivation.

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

I love my Fitbit also it helps motivate me every day 10,000 steps a day sometimes more I really believe the walking helps us to be stronger I actually fell stronger ‍♀

I need new Fitbit Friends Madmanpbsgc@gmail.com

I literally had to LOL at your inside voice over your doctor's advice. Same here. It's amazing how much more energy you have after you drop a few pounds though. I have a Jawbone and I love it so much. Definitely keeps me motivated. For the first time ever, I hit 15,000 steps the other day. I hate the gym, so I've started walking to take care of my errands. Need to pick up prescriptions.... walk. Need a couple of items from the grocery store.... walk. My car is sitting a lot more than it used to, but I'm feeling good and strong. Good on you for making it happen!!!

I literally had to LOL at your inside voice over your doctor's advice. Same here. It's amazing how much more energy you have after you drop a few pounds though. I have a Jawbone and I love it so much. Definitely keeps me motivated. For the first time ever, I hit 15,000 steps the other day. I hate the gym, so I've started walking to take care of my errands. Need to pick up prescriptions.... walk. Need a couple of items from the grocery store.... walk. My car is sitting a lot more than it used to, but I'm feeling good and strong. Good on you for making it happen!!!

Stridekick.com we can still challenge each other no matter the different devices.

I'm working on slowly increasing my step goals. Today I bumped up to 5000

I started with five minute walks the day after. Did a few of those a day. 4 weeks post now and am getting lengthier walks in

At what point post op did you all start really getting a good walk in? I'm 5 days post op. Thanks!

Start slow if it's just walking around the house walking to the mailbox or to the store. But to answer your question the day after surgery get up and walk if you don't you can develop blood clots and that can really fu:ck you up. So from pre op to post op get ya as:s up and walk

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

At what point post op did you all start really getting a good walk in? I'm 5 days post op. Thanks!

Start slow if it's just walking around the house walking to the mailbox or to the store. But to answer your question the day after surgery get up and walk if you don't you can develop blood clots and that can really fu:ck you up. So from pre op to post op get ya as:s up and walk

When you get tired rest once your rested get up and walk. Find reasons to walk what I did my grocery store is about a quarter mile away so when it was time to eat I walk to the store and back but I kept my cell on me and charged in case I had to call someone to come get me.