Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 7 weeks out, and I've lost 40 lbs. I'm EXTREMELY pleased with my progress. But lately I've been getting depressed.

I want "real food." It's hard for me to find options for me to eat, as nothing sounds good. I've been keeping food down well, it's just that I don't want to eat.

Does this get better? I'm just worried that I'm gonna be struggling to find options for the rest of my life. I know that's not probable, but it's just my personality :(

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I noticed that since I can't eat the foods I use to love the way I use to eat them I really don't care too much to have them.. At first it depressed me now I just realize that food is fuel not pleasure.. So Im learning a new way to look at things and a new way to eat..

Munky

Oh, tonite I had pizza.. My mom ordered a meat lovers.. I peeled everything off the crust and ate it.. YUMMY

Munky

I found quite the opposite I love the new healthy lifestyle and foods. I cook way more there is so many options I just never used before. Go to a nutritionist weekly for new ideas if your struggling. My Insurance Kiaser has a weekly group for free that's done with a nutritionist . Maybe your has something.

Oh and Im3and a half months now . I didn't find anything to taste good until recently it will get better.

Pinterest has soooo many great recipes. I'd look there.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Kirby im 6 weeks out and i know what you are talking about too. For me it kinda felt like a mourning period. Then i think positive and know that it wont be this way forever so i have to try to enjoy the restriction while it lasts, because it wont be this way forever either. Meaning i will not lose weight as quickly. For the mean time i eat only one food item like chicken, tuna, lots of fish, Beans, eggs, oatmeal w/protein. If i want a meal i make it and separate it out in bowls for later then give the rest away. But yes right now i do feel limited on foods but its okay it will be worth the weight lol.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

two thoughts on the matter that have helped me. alternatives. I find I can eat just about anything I use to love if I make some adjustments. I eat pizza all the time but use flattened chicken for the crust ( I have never learned to like cauliflower as it has a wang taste ugh) for Pasta I use speg squash or zucc. anything breaded is now with crushed pork rines. etc. it is slightly different at first but like anything ( when I switched to diet cokes many years ago) you will get use to it pretty soon.

the second is that on occasion ( I am 13 years out so know my pouch and what it can take) if I have something I use to love it does not taste the way I remember it tasting and I know I can take it or leave it.

hope this helps it is all in the mind the surgery changes the was we eat and think and

deal with food but it does not change the mind we have to work on that part.

if I don't have the sauce on every bite I taste the zucc but I smear the sauce on each one and then all I taste is the sauce and meat ==of course with lots of garlic and onions. no dates after that lol

two thoughts on the matter that have helped me. alternatives. I find I can eat just about anything I use to love if I make some adjustments. I eat pizza all the time but use flattened chicken for the crust ( I have never learned to like cauliflower as it has a wang taste ugh) for Pasta I use speg squash or zucc. anything breaded is now with crushed pork rines. etc. it is slightly different at first but like anything ( when I switched to diet cokes many years ago) you will get use to it pretty soon.

the second is that on occasion ( I am 13 years out so know my pouch and what it can take) if I have something I use to love it does not taste the way I remember it tasting and I know I can take it or leave it.

hope this helps it is all in the mind the surgery changes the was we eat and think and

deal with food but it does not change the mind we have to work on that part.

For Christmas I got a VeggieBullet my surgery was last Tuesday, I can't wait to try it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

So you have to make sure the veggie noodle is completely covered in sauce?

Thank you so much everybody

My day of depression has subsided for now, and I know that this will be worth it in the end. But I look forward to trying all of your suggestions!! I can't wait to try the pizza and spaghetti squash!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App