Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All!

I am 20 days post sleeve and seem to have been stalling for the last 7-8 days. I know this is normal, but when will I start losing again? I lost 8 pounds on the 2 week pre-op diet and 12.5 since day of surgery (12-22) but nothing the last 7-8 days. Any suggestions??

​Also, it is so hard to get my Water in and starting solids has been hurting my chest...I don't know if I am eating too much at a time or what. I eat like 6 or 7 bites and then the pain comes...

I am 3 months post-op and have had two stalls that lasted at least 10 days. I know I'm going to stop because I keep gaining and losing the same 2 to 4 pounds. I just stick to the plan and eventually I popped through it. All all the sudden lose 10 pounds in a couple of days. If Constipation is an issue try Benefiber and Miralax.< /p>

HW 385 SW 359 CW 305 Sleeved 10/5/16

I wish there was a magic answer for this, but there isn't. It stall will stop when it's ready, but the good news is that it usually leaves with a few days in a row of really good loss.

slow down your eating and make sure it is little bites. I used an infant spoon and put the spoon down and waited a few minutes between each bite.

hard to get my Water in and starting solids has been hurting my chest

@@NCGURL

hey bud

no worries, no worries

not losing weight for 8 days is not considered a stall

an "official" stall doesn't/can't start for 3 weeks

this time period refers to newbies/vets/et al

i understand getting frustratred

gotta ride it through

"God Grant Me Patience, Just Hurry Up About It" ;)

i'm sure you are eating 6-7 bites per docs rules, right??

put one little bite of food in your mouth

utensil down, chew food slowly, slowly and slowly

My suggestion-keep following all the rules your doc/NUT gave you

i'm sure you are already doing so, right??

weight will start to drop - really!!

drinking water/liquid was a problem for me too!

this is a common situation for newbies/vets/ et al

unfortunately it takes some people a long time to be successful with drinking :mellow:

hope Water drinking improves - can't help with suggestions there

best of luck

kathy

I would continue to get your Water in. Try different temps and flavors. And, I would hold back on eating solid food until Water goals are met. You are only 3 weeks post op, there is no rush.

Stalls happen. My first one lasted 2 weeks, actually they all last about that long. Just keep going.

Thanks everyone! Yes, I am doing everything my surgeon has asked. (Trying to get Water in is a challenge though.) He did tell me to eat that amount of food in 20-30 minutes which is so hard with such little food...I will try a smaller spoon...

The week 3 stall happens to 99% of WLS patients and it's not because of anything you are doing wrong. Stick to your surgeon's plan. Drink your Water. Get your Protein in. Take your meds/vitamins. Get up and walk around frequently and aim for a total of 60 minutes of "brisk walking" each day. The scale will move again when it's ready. If it's driving you crazy, hide it or throw it away. Right now is about healing and starting your new relationship with food. Weight loss is secondary.

I'm so glad I saw this today. I've been at a stall also and am 3 weeks post-op. HOWEVER< I also just got my period today. I'm hoping it was Water weight and it will come off in a few days. I'm not eating a lot so the weight has to come off eventually!

Ditto on the Water intake. I am struggling to finish a 24 oz water bottle a day.

@@Wonder WomanNJ

It's weird. Before surgery I have always drank alot of liquid. I have a 24 oz Tervis cup that I probaly filled up 6-7 times a day! Now I struggle to get just one drank...

@@Wonder WomanNJ

It's weird. Before surgery I have always drank alot of liquid. I have a 24 oz Tervis cup that I probaly filled up 6-7 times a day! Now I struggle to get just one drank...

That gets easier, thankfully. Pre-op I drank TONS of Water... over 100 oz. a day easily. Immediately post-op I was worried I would never be able to drink Water the same way again. It was horrible just taking the teeniest, tiniest sip and it was like a full time job trying to get my 64 oz. in. But once I was all healed up, I found I was able to chug water and drink tons of it again. Now it just has to be ICE cold (with ice literally floating in it). If you are still having trouble with water 3+ weeks out, try experimenting with different temperatures and flavorings.

I say stop when you feel pain. That may be your full signal and substitute with a Protein Drink. Try some flavored drinks like Vitamin zero, GC, or any thing with stevia. That helped me. Everyone is different and you need to listen to your body. Maybe stick with funnel foods like eggs, Greek yogurt etc..

Hi All!

I am 20 days post sleeve and seem to have been stalling for the last 7-8 days. I know this is normal, but when will I start losing again? I lost 8 pounds on the 2 week pre-op diet and 12.5 since day of surgery (12-22) but nothing the last 7-8 days. Any suggestions??

​Also, it is so hard to get my Water in and starting solids has been hurting my chest...I don't know if I am eating too much at a time or what. I eat like 6 or 7 bites and then the pain comes...

I stalled around 3 weeks post-op for 20 days. I knew it would happen so I kept up with my measurements and during those 20 days and lost nearly 8 inches. When the stall finally let up, I only dropped 2 pounds but it was a loss.

29 days post op - 191lbs

I've been stuck at 191 for the past week and it's very frustrating. I'm also finding it very difficult to keep track of what IF I eat anything. I really thought I would be better at this but I'm so lost.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App