Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I weigh when I think about it. Which averages about once week, depending on my week. I try not to focus too much on it.

Edited to add that I would drive myself crazy if I thought too much about it.

Edited by tani

Once a week on surgery day (Wednesday). I also do measurements and keep track in a special notebook just for tracking purposes. I also like to record my thoughts, feelings and challenges/wins so in the future I can look back and remember how far I've come.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm pre op but I have always weighed morning and night. I log the morning one. I do measurements bi weekly and chart my progress. Some say weigh little some say weigh more, it's different for everyone. This keeps me on track and motivated

HW 330

CW 235

Surgery date 1/19/17-Sleeve

I have a goal to weigh weekly and measure monthly, logging both into Baritastic app. I get a bit obsessive and go through phases of weighing multiple times a day. It's ridiculous and not where I want my headspace.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I'm in maintenance now and try to remember to weigh daily just to make sure nothing's going awry.

First thing each morning. Keeps expectations real and reminds me that surgery is a tool, not a magic wand.

I weigh daily and put in a little note of stressors/feelings in MFP under the daily notes section, but I record weekly on Monday (surgery day) to see the week-over-week changes. It doesn't stress me out. I can clearly see what I'm doing wrong with my food if I gain based on the food tracking and lbs fluctuation. I also now confirmed for myself that I always lose about 4-5 lbs the week after my period, so that's reassuring I'm not goofing up, it's just that lovely time of the month thing that happens.

I weigh daily and put in a little note of stressors/feelings in MFP under the daily notes section, but I record weekly on Monday (surgery day) to see the week-over-week changes. It doesn't stress me out. I can clearly see what I'm doing wrong with my food if I gain based on the food tracking and lbs fluctuation. I also now confirmed for myself that I always lose about 4-5 lbs the week after my period, so that's reassuring I'm not goofing up, it's just that lovely time of the month thing that happens.

I think this is what's happening to me. I try not to weigh myself the week before during and not until a couple of days after my period because i know I'll just be upset. And when i get on the scale after my period ive gone down like 5 or more pounds. I usually will lose steadily it seems until right before my period.

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

If you can handle and understand the normal fluctuations that happen without it ruining your whole day, then by all means weigh daily. If not, weigh weekly or even monthly.

I am a big advocate for weighing daily, especially in maintenance. I feel ignoring the scale contributed to me getting to 235 pounds. I feel it holds me accountable, and when I'm up a bit not due to the normal fluctuations, I know I need to adjust accordingly.

You can't measure what you can't see.

Normally, I'm a daily/every other day weigher--I like to see what my body is doing. BUT, I hit the dreaded 3 week stall, and suddenly couldn't handle the stress. (I couldn't eat less, I was on my program 100%.)

So, I decided only to record my weight on my monthly surgerversary. Letting go a little and trusting the process worked wonders for my peace of mind. I still peek if I'm curious, but I don't get down about it. Once I hit maintenance, or am able to eat more normally, I will probably watch the scale closer.

I weigh daily. Record losses but not gains (unless I've cheated) or stalls. Since I'm 12 days post surgery no cheating right now!

I weigh 7pm and 7 am everyday (and anytime I get back from my evening workout). I don't write it down though. I just memorise. I don't fight whatever numbers I see. Just take things in stride.. considering that I am stalling for the first time since started my journey. I confess it was a bit alarming gaining 7lbs in 3 days though..