Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Blocking

Everyone knows that it isn't safe to eat taco's 45 minutes post op; you need to wait 1 hour.

Wow, this thread actually made it to the second site before degenerating into the usual "let's just be a bit ridiculous" bad joke. Where is the symbolic "bacon the 2nd day post-op", btw? Maybe I just missed it?

What did they write? Did they mention my name? I have to know! So you end up reading it anyway.

You also can see what was written when someone quotes them. And since the full-quoting users will probably never cease to exist you're confronted with the challenge of averting your eyes soon enough multiple times.

@@summerset It doesn't really bother me. I would actually prefer a blocking method similar to Facebook, where I don't have to see them at all, and they don't see me. I was a moderator on a board with at least as much drama as this one, and I had to wade through all the crap anyway to see who was deserving of a time out, or a ban of some sort, and who was the injured party. I get along with most people, but there are some serious buttholes here. I just ignore them the old fashioned way.

Everyone knows that it isn't safe to eat taco's 45 minutes post op; you need to wait 1 hour.

Wow, this thread actually made it to the second site before degenerating into the usual "let's just be a bit ridiculous" bad joke. Where is the symbolic "bacon the 2nd day post-op", btw? Maybe I just missed it?

You can have bacon starting the third day post-op.:)

What the heck. Why not? I made this meme for another incident, but never used it. So I'll just trot it out now.

post-305822-0-75991100-1483740635_thumb.jpg

What the heck. Why not? I made this meme for another incident, but never used it. So I'll just trot it out now.

I have that meme in the flavors of a$$h0le and idiot. :D

I generally try to stay away from those terms - except in private conversations. ;-) I've actually told people on various forums point blank that I am not allowed to write what I think about them because of the forum rules. It usually gets the point across.

I made this version after someone here came all unglued on me for what she took to be a serious post when it was humorous. I sprinkle humor everywhere, but it is usually not hard to tell which is which.

Edited by LittleBill

I generally try to stay away from those terms - except in private conversations. ;-) I've actually told people on various forums point blank that I am not allowed to write what I think about them because of the forum rules. It usually gets the point across.

I made this version after someone here came all unglued on me for what she took to be a serious post when it was humorous. I sprinkle humor everywhere, but it is usually not hard to tell which is which.

Please note that I only use them in private groups and conversation. :D

How many Germans does it take to screw in a light bulb?

One. We are very efficient, and we don't have much of a sense of humor.

I write this as being mostly German in my ethnic extraction.

That was Ben & Jerry's two least popular flavors. :P

There is an ignore button, as has already been mentioned. It is not like blocking people on Facebook, where they virtually cease to exist. You will still see that someone you have ignored has posted, and then that itch of curiosity starts in. What did they write? Did they mention my name? I have to know! So you end up reading it anyway.

Of course, by now you may have found the ignore button, and aren't seeing any of this. ;-)

Yes, I do wish it worked like FB where you can't see them and more importantly, they can't see you. I think that would stop a LOT of issues.

That said, I don't click on the names of people I ignore 99% of the time. What would be the point?

Some time back I suggested to the BP people that total blocking be set up. The response rang snippy.

I have clicked on a few of my ignorees (new coinage?) a number of times, but not deliberately. Sometimes I grip the mouse more tightly than necessary when I'm moving the arrow around the screen.

What I don't get is why certain parties go to my profile -- some rarely and others often -- when at least one of us has never dealt with the other well or or we've never communicated at all. It seems that one who's blocked me shows up weekly.

I guess this all boils down to why we are using this site.

I choose not to treat random strangers as a support group. I have my spouse, my family, my friends and my pets to listen to me vent, rant, whine and complain,

I choose to use this as an informative tool, and as such, I look for (and try to provide) the best information possible. Even if it's unpopular. Even if it's blunt.

I draw the line at ad hominem attacks, since I'm just not emotionally wrapped up in the site to lose my temper and name call.

I don't bother reading posts anymore for people looking for vindication or justification or moral support or medical advice from total strangers. I'm mining for information and experiences, not fuzzy wuzzy feel good moments.

Edited by Hammer_Down

I completely agree. I also think I know the three people you're talking about. If I'm right, two of my friends have already mentioned them, as well. So, you're not the only one who notices them. They have made their reputation. My guess is, they have some major insecurity issues.

EDIT: Ok so, I just read all the replies and I now realize this thread was motivated by my thread, LOL! I'm glad some people actually see that I was getting responses that were uncalled for. It's funny, because one person who got on there and called me a liar, actually made a rant thread about me being mean. Lol, really? You come to my thread and provoke me, and you expect me not to reply in the manner you deserve? :rolleyes:

Also, to the people mentioning tacos... My coworker is making something that smells like Mexican food, and I am now craving it. >_<;

Edited by Hiraeth