Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Problems 3 weeks out! Forever?

I am a little over 3 weeks post op and here are some problems I am having. I would love to know if others have experienced these and when/if they go away?

1. Water makes me nauseous. Even when I add flavoring. I'm thirsty and I WANT to drink, but it is just so hard!

2. Premier Protein drinks give me Migraines.< /p>

3. My mouth and teeth constantly feel gritty and coated!

4. I get hungry and think something will be good, but everything ends up being a disappointment.

5. Constipation...

6. Not able to get many calories at all. Makes me tired.

7. I have a four year old. I have gotten caught out and about with nothing to eat for too long. Get so tired and worry I won't make it.

I know I won't be normal as far as eating ever again, but will food eventually stop making me feel sick...water too?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Yes, things will improve eventually. Don't rush your solids. Get your Water in first, Protein next and all your supplements. I carry a Protein Bar in my handbag and always have a cup a Soup sachet in there too.

I went back to full fluids four or five times in the past seven months.

food had definitely lost it's appeal for me and nothing really tastes nice.

I have come to accept this.

Sip your Water, take tiny bites of food on your plan.

Speak to your team about more anti nausea meds.

You will be okay. It must be hard with a little one around to care for.

Take care of yourself! You can do this.

I am a little over 3 weeks post op and here are some problems I am having. I would love to know if others have experienced these and when/if they go away?

1. Water makes me nauseous. Even when I add flavoring. I'm thirsty and I WANT to drink, but it is just so hard!

4. I get hungry and think something will be good, but everything ends up being a disappointment.

5. Constipation...

7. I have a four year old. I have gotten caught out and about with nothing to eat for too long. Get so tired and worry I won't make it.

I know I won't be normal as far as eating ever again, but will food eventually stop making me feel sick...water too?

I found it easier to drink the orange flavored power aide zero than Water And I was extremely nauseous until I could start to eat soft/ some what solid foods. I also had that nasty gritty coating/feeling in my mouth, but once I started eating real food, I found it went away. Nothing tasted good to me anymore either and once I ate something once, I didn't want it again. It's hard to realize I don't get enjoyment from the way food tastes anymore, but I'm kind of glad, because then I think I would continue to overeat like before I had surgery. Always try to plan ahead and have emergency Snacks or Protein shakes on hand. My go to is string cheese!

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

5. Constipation...

I am 3 weeks post op sleeve and also going through a lot of what you are going through! I can drink okay but I am drinking Gatorade now to get some electrolytes in and that has made me feel so much better...given me more energy because I am unable to eat very much! Once you are able to start drinking good that gritty feeling will go away. Everything I try and eat tastes bad....I have zero hunger or desire for food. I have some high Protein strawberry banana Jello I just made so trying to get through that now as the protein shakes do not agree with me just yet! I sleep so much and know I need to get some fuel!! I wish you all the best and feel free to reach out any time was we are on the same journey!!

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I have been doing the HMR 70plus shakes and they are so good and settle on my stomach. You have to mix them with 4oz of Water which is nice or you can thin them out. I was mixing 1/2 G2 and 1/2 Water before I could handle straight water. Oh and I have only been drinking smart water or propel since both of these have electrolytes added. I figured every little bit has to help. I was allowed soft food yesterday and that has been a struggle but hummus tasted really good today so there is hope. Good luck.

I'm 2.5 weeks out and thankful to be feeling fantastic. Love Gold Standard chocolate Protein shakes and the little boxes of 100 calorie muscle milk. They're both very thin in the consistency and don't leave any aftertaste like so many others. I'm on to mushy food and surprised at how little I can eat yet still be satisfied. I don't seem to have any hunger but rather feel fatigued and know it's time to get some nutrition. I started Vitamins this week and that helps too. Funny to be eating Flintstones but they chew up easy so hey, whatever it takes. Down 30lbs and having a blast putting on the clothes in the back of my closet that I saved for 'someday'. I just wish I'd had this surgery years ago! Every day is better than the one before. Hang in there!

You are so early out. Even though you can't see it, your stomach is still healing from serious wounds. If a product, especially one like premier which is full of chemicals makes you nauseous, you should listen to your body. Nausea with almost anything is fairly common at your stage, but I find even add a year out if I eat or drink something that has a lot of chemicals in it it still makes me sick to my stomach. The body is intelligent! A Migraine means that those chemicals are so toxic to your specific body that it's a literally making you ill. Nausea is nothing compared to the allergic reaction from chemicals in so-called food. The coating in the mouth is usually related to the Protein shakes, the major chemical changes happening in your body as you process fat cells and all the toxins that are stored in them, and good old-fashioned ketosis. Constipation is also caused by painkillers, on digestible Protein overkill, and just less movement. I nearly became impacted after surgery, and what worked for me was milk of magnesia and Smooth Move tea. I had three or four weeks out you're still really tired. And it's really important to make sure you have something with you so you can eat every few hours or you will get very weak to the point of almost not being able to drive home, let alone chase after a little child. Things will get better! Much better. Hang in there and take good care of yourself! And FYI, there are lots of good Protein Shakes options that are organic, Whole food, and/or plant-based. I bet you're really sensitive to chemicals.

You are so early out. Even though you can't see it, your stomach is still healing from serious wounds. If a product, especially one like premier which is full of chemicals makes you nauseous, you should listen to your body. Nausea with almost anything is fairly common at your stage, but I find even add a year out if I eat or drink something that has a lot of chemicals in it it still makes me sick to my stomach. The body is intelligent! A Migraine means that those chemicals are so toxic to your specific body that it's a literally making you ill. Nausea is nothing compared to the allergic reaction from chemicals in so-called food. The coating in the mouth is usually related to the Protein shakes, the major chemical changes happening in your body as you process fat cells and all the toxins that are stored in them, and good old-fashioned ketosis. Constipation is also caused by painkillers, on digestible Protein overkill, and just less movement. I nearly became impacted after surgery, and what worked for me was milk of magnesia and Smooth Move tea. I had three or four weeks out you're still really tired. And it's really important to make sure you have something with you so you can eat every few hours or you will get very weak to the point of almost not being able to drive home, let alone chase after a little child. Things will get better! Much better. Hang in there and take good care of yourself! And FYI, there are lots of good Protein Shakes options that are organic, Whole food, and/or plant-based. I bet you're really sensitive to chemicals.

Thank you so much for this response! I am starting to see hope and I am eating a bit more. In purée stage and that has helped. Right now Tea is my best bet for drinking. Everything else just doesn't sit well.

Thanks again!