Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is the big day! (Kaiser Richmond, CA)

Congrats and good luck! I'm in Oakland so right by you! I'm getting mine done in January and the waiting is killing me lol

Sent from my LG-K550 using the BariatricPal App

How is everyone feeling? My doc is considering having me stay another night because I can't get my nausea under control. I've thrown(if you even call it that) up twice. I haven't thrown up from being nauseous in 10+ years so that should say something. I can't wait for this part to be behind me

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi @@kc13! Hope they get you feeling better soon. They seemed so sure in the pre op classes that they had you prepped to not experience the nausea. In a few weeks this will all be a fading memory.

My hubs goes into Richmond tomorrow

morning for his sleeve and mine is 1/9 - tried to move me to yesterday but it was too close to the hubs to work it logistically.

hey kc13-me too. i been dry heaving across the clock. surgeon says im ruining my stomach. i cant help it. im on 3 nausea meds & extremely exhausted. keep the faith. 2 days past-ppl say it gets easier.

Sent from my iPhone

My sleeve surgery is Tuesday, the 20th. I'll be the first surgery, so I'm happy about that. I have lymphedema and overweight, so I am doubly excited for the surgery to be behind me and the changes to begin. I look forward to having less swelling and less pain, especially in my legs. I look forward to being able to be anything but sedentary. My only nervousness is with the fact that I'm on my own. I have a friend dropping me off on Tuesday and a co-worker picking me up from the hospital on Thursday and dropping me home. I'm a grown, independent woman, but I do wish I wasn't totally alone. My parents cannot travel any longer; my sister will be on a cruise; and, my son has his own family to care for. Has anyone else gone it alone?

I did it alone at Kaiser Richmond on Nov. 30. Had a friend drop me off and another friend pick me up.

I can honestly say it was just fine. As a matter of fact, my friends came by for a surprise visit after I got out of surgery and it was pretty awkward. I was still kind of loopy on pain medication, I threw up a few times, and had to ask them to leave the room twice so I could go to the bathroom.

I was very anxious about it before my surgery (I made several posts about it on this board), but ultimately it ended up being the best option.

Oh no! I hate to hear of all you. with nausea. I'm a puker. This was my surgeon's protocol: emend pill, scopolomine patch, Decadron, zofran, Phenergan, and Reglan. I came home with a Rx for zofran. It has worked. I wish all docs would take such thorough measures. Mine definitely doesn't want his patients puking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

@@Alfred Day how are you feeling now?

I'm a few weeks into this new reality and I feel relatively good. I think I've moved from my early worries and concerns to a whole new set of worries and concerns.

Now, I'm working really hard to learn how to eat slowly and chew thoroughly. I feel like every meal ends with me feeling overstuffed in a really uncomfortable way and the few times I've avoided that have been when I took my time and ate very little food. I think I'm still fighting my brain's old patterns which were the meal isn't finished until I'm stuffed.

I went through what I think is the common experience of a week or so of thinking "What have I done to myself?". I find myself watching a lot of videos on YouTube about the best way to make food I can no longer eat. But that's subsiding somewhat.

I'm struggling to get exercise in as I've never loved exercising and sometimes it's inconvenient, but I keep reminding myself that I didn't go through all this just to throw it away when I really need to be buckling down.

So on the whole, pretty good.

I ended up staying two nights in the hospital with them considering keeping me for a third, however it was up to me if I wanted to stay or not. Only Ativan would work for me and luckily mid day yesterday everything clicked and I felt much better. They sent me home with liquid Ativan and I did okay eating stage two today. Yogurt went down a lot better than cream of chicken though!

@@kc13 I'm glad they found something that worked for you. My hub went home today too . I'm surprised we didn't see you circling the hall. He slept pretty much the entire time at the hospital. Didn't even need the melatonin. He's been somewhat stubborn in terms of his drinking and walking and gets mad at me if I say anything. He says the incision pain isn't bad but keeps complaining about the gas but yet doesn't want to do the two things the DOCTOR and EVERY NURSE told him. He hates the way the narcotic tastes so he's barely using it. Hopefully tomorrow he will move more.