Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got confused today re eating bugles ....

Same here... I never saw the post from the newbie, this post wasn't about a newbies question. But rather about the OP observation of how a bugle if it was spelled correctly, would be on the diet plan. And then her following thought processes as she was unfamiliar with the snack food Bugles.

It was hilarious until it was sidetracked by people saying it was rude and mean etc. I am thinking to myself, how in the world is this mean and rude? Then someone comes along and has to knock our building blocks over and link this thread to another thread.

People If we can't laugh at the mundane and inane we create a generation of people that are requiring "safe spaces". Oh wait to late. The only safe space is the play pen at your Mama's, if you can't handle the real world, go back to that while those of us that have figured out how to survive in a "mean" world continue to get the joke about words and the hilarity that the lack of knowledge can cause.

DS performed 11/28/16. SW/HW 380 lbs.

Let's get married.

I read it all. It's fine everyone needs something to laugh at. I apologized this am. If people are still making fun of me it's fine... I had a really bad day yesterday if it brings humor, name-calling so be it. I learned a lot from it all. It is supposed to be supportive I agree.

Sent from my XT1565 using the BariatricPal App

Don't hesitate to vent on your journey..this process is hard for ALL of us..some handled it different but it doesn't make them better..I'm sure we all tried something we shouldn't have during our process ..no matter where in the process we are..some just in the closet with it..Best of luck to you..and keep on BP to read the answers you seek..

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

Amen, well said!

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

I had no idea what bugle was, apart from the obvious.

Learnt that these were chips; well, learn something new every day :D

Now I have to check the junk food aisle in my supermarket here .....

Warning: Satanic Entity who dares to have a sense of humour, in Rants and Raves of All places!

No name calling (except for myself), no links to a thread, .......

SMH

But:

attachicon.gif Waiting to be offended.jpg

attachicon.gif Diet Funny.jpeg

Loved the chuckles, thanks!

It's amusing to me at this point. I mean we are adults. ;) There is a difference between making fun of someone and humor. I apologized yet some people are still going...worse yet the OP was made after my apology.... I am ok. I have had huge support and several DMs. I appreciate the support and the people that get it. I went to Dr today and they set me up with everything I need. I went on this site for help because I didn't have the information. If people turn it into negative feedback then it's their issue. We all wish and hope for success. There will always be the people out there excited for an argument or are the experts that make you feel stupif. I am excited for my journey!! Thanks for the support!!!

Best of luck! I'm 9 weeks postop and the early weeks were tough, you got this, keep posting!

I absolutely did not try anything I wasn't supposed to when my diet was restricted. And now? I still don't! (I'm nearly 8 weeks out.) I took two tiny, tiny bites of pumpkin cheesecake at a work bake off, and I still feel guilty! So, no, we didn't all eat things we shouldn't have. And I struggle. Everyday. I go to the grocery store and just flip packages over to read the carb and sugar contents, and then I walk away. I did eat the rice flour breaded fried shrimp, when I was cleared to eat all the things, and after puking my guts out and not being able to eat or drink the rest of the day, I may never try fried food again. But dammit, I'm fat because of food. I'm going to become unfat through food and willpower and the talents of my surgeon! And if I make stupid choices, please make fun of me to help me see the stupidity in my choices!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

I wasnt around for the newbie post roast...but i thought the crunchy beagle thing was hilarious and i really dont see why they arent considered Kosher

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

Beagles aren't Kosher because they are carnivorous. Only non carnivorous animals that chew their cud AND have cloven hooves are considered Kosher. Different rules for fish... Lobster isn't Kosher because it doesn't have scales.

I wasnt around for the newbie post roast...but i thought the crunchy beagle thing was hilarious and i really dont see why they arent considered kosher

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

Beagles aren't Kosher because they are carnivorous. Only non carnivorous animals that chew their cud AND have cloven hooves are considered Kosher. Different rules for fish... Lobster isn't Kosher because it doesn't have scales.

Got ya! Thanks booba

Edited by mschan218

Hope I keep finding post to uplift people on this site n not tear people down (there really is a difference between a joke n making someone out to ridicule because as humans we all do things we regret..whether its food or life

Experiences.. Some are stronger than others..cuddos to you... but other (I have my faults) peoples weaknesses should not be frowned upon because you got this and they struggle...I wish everyone the best In this journey and every obstacle they face...

I'm going g to respond and hope this is the last post. Here's the deal. I was having a really hard day. I didn't cheat preop and didn't cheat post op. I didn't have a 2 week plan and was trying to figure it out on my own (this has since been resolved) I asked if I could "suck" on a bugle to make it mushy. I asked of it was ok. Period. Two people responded incredibly judgmental and harsh. I then got several vets that DMd me saying it was OK....move on and don't do it again. I got hyper sensitive to the person that was really harsh. I shouldn't have done that.... I'm usually not so frail. But I was for that moment. I got some serious slamming and downright nasty comments. The next day I made an apology. It should have been over. BUT people took to this site(SUPPORT SITE) to make fun of me, ridicule me and say i was ruining the plan for most people. Blah blah blah. Here's the deal. I'm not. I made A mistake. I learned and I have moved on. I laugh about most things but being a jerk to people trying to get support isn't funny. We ALL had this surgery for a reason and we ALL should be in this together. I won't make the mistake of doing what I did and I hope people are kinder when someone comes on and asks a stupid question again. To the people saying they are blocking newbies shame on you! Why be in a support group if youre here to shame people. End of discussion. Time to move on.

Rants and raves...

Oh mah gawd...it's the same damned thing that JUST WON'T DIE.

Your feelings being hurt does NOT equal bullying.

Someone laughing about people eating the same CRAP that got them fat in the first week post-op isn't bullying. Nor is telling you it's a colossally stupid idea to eat said CRAP.

If you're sensitive or easily offended or prone to yelling 'mom, he's looking at me' and proclaiming that the entire world is bullying you, Rants and Raves might be a bit much for you.

Some of you are going to need a thicker skin and better sense of humor to survive life in general, let alone participate in an internet message board.

Sheesh.

I think Rants and Raves shouldn't be included in the regular feed. You should have to intend to click on it, and even possibly have to click through a disclaimer saying you understand that it's Rants and Raves and agree not to get butthurt.

I'm going g to respond and hope this is the last post. Here's the deal. I was having a really hard day. I didn't cheat preop and didn't cheat post op. I didn't have a 2 week plan and was trying to figure it out on my own (this has since been resolved) I asked if I could "suck" on a bugle to make it mushy. I asked of it was ok. Period. Two people responded incredibly judgmental and harsh. I then got several vets that DMd me saying it was OK....move on and don't do it again. I got hyper sensitive to the person that was really harsh. I shouldn't have done that.... I'm usually not so frail. But I was for that moment. I got some serious slamming and downright nasty comments. The next day I made an apology. It should have been over. BUT people took to this site(SUPPORT SITE) to make fun of me, ridicule me and say i was ruining the plan for most people. Blah blah blah. Here's the deal. I'm not. I made A mistake. I learned and I have moved on. I laugh about most things but being a jerk to people trying to get support isn't funny. We ALL had this surgery for a reason and we ALL should be in this together. I won't make the mistake of doing what I did and I hope people are kinder when someone comes on and asks a stupid question again. To the people saying they are blocking newbies shame on you! Why be in a support group if youre here to shame people. End of discussion. Time to move on.

Have a good day.Hope all is well..happy happy holidays..

To the people saying they are blocking newbies shame on you! Why be in a support group if youre here to shame people. End of discussion. Time to move on.

No, not "end of discussion". I didn't say I was going to block newbies, I said I was going to block newbies and ANYONE who comes in guns blazing and name calling. I am here to support people, not to watch someone give good advice and be called an a-hole for doing so.