Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got confused today re eating bugles ....

To the people saying they are blocking newbies shame on you! Why be in a support group if youre here to shame people. End of discussion. Time to move on.

No, not "end of discussion". I didn't say I was going to block newbies, I said I was going to block newbies and ANYONE who comes in guns blazing and name calling. I am here to support people, not to watch someone give good advice and be called an a-hole for doing so.

Maybe we need a forum for "I just want positive feedback and permission/absolution and don't want my butt kicked over bad decisions" so people can post there and get all their warm fuzzies and bad information there, and the vets and people who are serious about their success can not bother.

To the people saying they are blocking newbies shame on you! Why be in a support group if youre here to shame people. End of discussion. Time to move on.

No, not "end of discussion". I didn't say I was going to block newbies, I said I was going to block newbies and ANYONE who comes in guns blazing and name calling. I am here to support people, not to watch someone give good advice and be called an a-hole for doing so.

And this is a perfect example of an incorrect translation... And self-created drama. @@LipstickLady was very clear of the type of people she said she'd block, and by stating that she blocks all newbies is completely fallacious.

I'm going g to respond and hope this is the last post. Here's the deal. I was having a really hard day. I didn't cheat preop and didn't cheat post op. I didn't have a 2 week plan and was trying to figure it out on my own (this has since been resolved) I asked if I could "suck" on a bugle to make it mushy. I asked of it was ok. Period. Two people responded incredibly judgmental and harsh. I then got several vets that DMd me saying it was OK....move on and don't do it again. I got hyper sensitive to the person that was really harsh. I shouldn't have done that.... I'm usually not so frail. But I was for that moment. I got some serious slamming and downright nasty comments. The next day I made an apology. It should have been over. BUT people took to this site(SUPPORT SITE) to make fun of me, ridicule me and say i was ruining the plan for most people. Blah blah blah. Here's the deal. I'm not. I made A mistake. I learned and I have moved on. I laugh about most things but being a jerk to people trying to get support isn't funny. We ALL had this surgery for a reason and we ALL should be in this together. I won't make the mistake of doing what I did and I hope people are kinder when someone comes on and asks a stupid question again. To the people saying they are blocking newbies shame on you! Why be in a support group if youre here to shame people. End of discussion. Time to move on.

Sent from my XT1565 using the BariatricPal App

Well I don't see how your post on another thread and this one relate other than you brought up a term that the OP was unfamiliar with, which then lead to this thread and the thought processes involved when trying to figure out what something is.

As an outsider who didn't read your post only this one it didn't have anything to do with you, but the OP showing word puns etc.

I am sorry you had a Bari Nazi come down so hard on you. I just entered my 3rd week, and believe me, because I had no idea how difficult it was going to be to tolerate the smell and taste if the Protein shakes, powders etc, I too had to quickly figure out some alternatives to get some kind of nutrition in.

I lived on Egg Drop Soup. It was the only thing I could stomach, so I understand your question.

DS performed 11/11/16: HW 380 - 11/28/16: SW 374 lbs - 12/14/16: CW 350 lbs.

Edited by Miss Impala

I understand what you said it was someone else... He specifically said I'm blocking all newbies.

@@Miss Impala I'm going to take offense to the term "Bari Nazi". We get a rash of people coming in here talking about (and wanting permission/absolution for) eating the craziest things at only a few days post-op. This is not about people waiting around with rulers to rap on knuckles for violating rules. This is about people who have been through the process (successfully I might add) having genuine concern about other people's safety. And not just those posting, but the people reading the posts who haven't gotten good instructions from their surgeons.

It is flat out unsafe for people to eat things they haven't been cleared for in the early post-operative days and weeks. The ramifications can be infections and leaks which can lead to hospitalizations and death. I'm a nurse, and I'm not being dramatic. While some can violate their post-op diet progression orders and suffer no consequences, others can have (and do have) dire consequences.

Violating those diet progression orders is not "cheating" and we would be remiss if we didn't point that out.

Once patients are released to full diets, what they choose to do is on them. At that point, the vets mainly just shrug and say "didn't work for me, but hey whatever". It's a serious distinction.

No one on this board wants to see anyone else fail. Most of the vets aren't here because they have anything to get out of the board anymore, they are here because they are paying it forward for the support they got when they were new. They want to see everyone succeed. And I'm damned tired of seeing them get slapped in the face for it.

I'm not sensitive. I was putting it to rest. You do understand this page was made to make fun of me??? I'm 100% OK and 100% accountable. I would however like to log on and read valuable information.

Actually, this page was made because someone in another country didn't understand what a Bugle was. They aren't sold there. The conversation went off track from there, granted. But the page was not made to mock you.

Edited by theantichick

@@Miss Impala I'm going to take offense to the term "Bari Nazi". We get a rash of people coming in here talking about (and wanting permission/absolution for) eating the craziest things at only a few days post-op. This is not about people waiting around with rulers to rap on knuckles for violating rules. This is about people who have been through the process (successfully I might add) having genuine concern about other people's safety. And not just those posting, but the people reading the posts who haven't gotten good instructions from their surgeons.

It is flat out unsafe for people to eat things they haven't been cleared for in the early post-operative days and weeks. The ramifications can be infections and leaks which can lead to hospitalizations and death. I'm a nurse, and I'm not being dramatic. While some can violate their post-op diet progression orders and suffer no consequences, others can have (and do have) dire consequences.

Violating those diet progression orders is not "cheating" and we would be remiss if we didn't point that out.

Once patients are released to full diets, what they choose to do is on them. At that point, the vets mainly just shrug and say "didn't work for me, but hey whatever". It's a serious distinction.

No one on this board wants to see anyone else fail. Most of the vets aren't here because they have anything to get out of the board anymore, they are here because they are paying it forward for the support they got when they were new. They want to see everyone succeed. And I'm damned tired of seeing them get slapped in the face for it.

I'm not sensitive. I was putting it to rest. You do understand this page was made to make fun of me??? I'm 100% OK and 100% accountable. I would however like to log on and read valuable information.

Actually, this page was made because someone in another country didn't understand what a Bugle was. They aren't sold there. The conversation went off track from there, granted. But the page was not made to mock you.

Reread the page....

Sheesh.

I think Rants and Raves shouldn't be included in the regular feed. You should have to intend to click on it, and even possibly have to click through a disclaimer saying you understand that it's Rants and Raves and agree not to get butthurt.

Agreed!

11/11/16: HW 380

11/28/16: Duodenal Switch Surgery

11/28/16: SW 374 lbs

12/14/16: CW 350 lbs

Reread the page....

My reading comprehension is just fine, thank you.

If you read the FIRST POST from OzRoo, you see nothing but plays on the word Bugle. And if you read later, you will find that she clarifies that she had no idea what a Bugle was, or how you could eat one, and that she was trying to figure out if it was a misspelling or what. And then she found out that it was a type of chip sold in the US. She's from Australia.

And I *JUST* stated in the part YOU QUOTED that I agree that the conversation went off track from there. But that *initial post* (which is how pages are created) was NOT to mock you, it was someone from another country laughing at her own confusion about someone eating a musical instrument.

I can see how you might see it that way, but it must be an inside joke cuz most of us only took at face value. A thought process on an unfamiliar term and context. I do however wish you the best.

@@theantichick true, Nazi sounds harsh, and I apologize for that. I appreciate this forum! And just happened on the thread and really enjoyed it until it was sidelined. ????

Reread the page....

No one needs to 'reread the page'. The OP TOLD YOU that it's not to make fun of you. That's the 'period, end of discussion' that you seem fond of saying but don't recognize for yourself.

Regarding the "snacks" thread on the main board, you need to toughen up, buttercup. WLS is a rough ride and it's a tough crowd...these vets have done what all of us are hoping and praying we can do, which is end the weight loss/gain rollercoaster forever. They didn't get here by making excuses for themselves and calling people bullies, they did it by following their programs, asking for truthful advice and by doing the hard, right thing diet-wise.

If I decide sucking on Bugles is something worth posting about, I HOPE they call me out on it. They can laugh at me, and call me names, too, although they don't do that. I just had MAJOR, IRREVERSIBLE surgery and if I'm still shoving Bugles down my throat immediately post-op, I hope they kick me straight in the butt. If you're looking for 'oh, sweetie, everyone does it', just tell yourself that and skip the board entirely.

I thought the initial post was pretty funny cause she didn't know about Bugles!! We have Bugles in Canada but I had to google "collards" that everyone kept talking about! Different strokes for different folks!! Now let me explain to you about "All Dressed Chips"!!

Actually, this page was started by someone from another country who didn't know what BUGLES were. Maybe it's being perpetrated by a drama queen who thinks everything is about her.

(So the OP is not from the Divided States of America. She truly did NOT know what bugles were.)

I guess the same way an American would be confused by someone from England saying they ate a "spotted dick" by sucking on it to make it mushy...........Hey wait a minute. It isn't as suggestive with a bugle snack.< /p>