Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please share: What are you looking forward to about losing weight?

Seeing stairs and not caring at all if anyone's behind me, because I can now, finally, climb them without stopping for air.

Roller coasters, or any amusement rides in general. I've had to pretend my whole life that I was just scared of the heights or the speed. No, I was just scared of waiting in line only to not fit on the ride.

To not feel awkward standing next to anyone that's super skinny, even my sister. It's a constant nagging in my brain that says that they have to also find me disgusting, you know?

I'd love to look forward to clothes shopping.

Really, just in general, I'd like to not always be depressed.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by K1V990

Im looking forward to:

Being healthier... living longer... being able to play with my son and my grandsons... not adjusting the seat belt 105 times on every car ride... buying clothes that fit all over (because right now I wish pants came in one pair that was simultaneously one size in the calf, another in the thigh, a third in the hips and a fourth in the waist)... being comfortable being IN family photos instead of insisting on being the one behind the camera

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

I'm losing weight so slowly and I'm very depressed. I have chronic back pain and until I lose more weight, I cannot exercise due to the pain. I started pre-op liquid diet 10/5 and had the sleeve surgery 20/20. That is almost 2 2 months and I have only lost 27 pounds. I only eat 500 or 600 calories a day. I'm always hungry, but I won't eat. I eat lots of Protein. Other people have lost 50 pounds at this point. Is my surgery a failure?

If you are hungry, eat. Your stomach was reduced, which reduced the amount of hunger hormone that your stomach produces. So TRUST your new hunger. Eating only 500 to 600 calories a day if you are hungry for more is *counterproductive* to weight loss. Remember, it is work for your body to break down fat cells, process the energy inside them, and dispose of the waste and deal with the hormones stored inside of those fat cells. You must equip your body for this work with sufficient calories and nutrition. Eating such low calories and ignoring hunger risks pushing your body into starvation mode where it will slow your metabolism and cling to fat stores. Instead, eat healthy, respect your hunger, make nutritious food choices, and engage in gentle exercise. Excessive stress is the enemy of weight loss.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I live a fairly crunchy lifestyle... I definitely feel like the odd one out. I'd like to eat my healthy choices, shop and enjoy the lifestyle without the judgement. I also have certain styles I want to try but won't until I've lost the weight.

Going up and down stairs without pain, joints not hurting, clothing that isn't tent-like, being able to sleep more comfortable, going for walks and not being in pain for days after....and many more

Not having to take so much diabetic medication if any at all and being able to run marathons and 1/2 marathons. I look forward not hearing my legs rub together and those little tiny beads ball up between my legs on the pants and them thin out in that area, the back rolls suck. So I am looking forward to it ALL!!!!

Being able to put my socks and shoes on without getting out of breathe! I'm a very active person, I work outside( security officer at a state park) so bending over is always happening to pick up trash or hopping in and out of work truck! Looking forward to not having to worry about stuff like that!

This is a list I keep with me to keep motivated.

1. Enjoy shopping for clothes again

2. Get back outdoors and hike. I love it. A few years ago I hiked over 100 miles in 11 months! Now I can barely walk around the block. I am not going to live like that anymore!

3. Sit in a bathtub and not block the Water on both sides

4. Not feel self-conscious in public

5. Not watching my legs jiggle when i walk

6. No sweat spots/rashes under my boobs! #fatgirlproblems

7. Getting to ride a zip line (I've been over the "weight limit" for a while)

8. Sitting in a chair without my butt/gut hanging over the sides

9. Being able to play with my nieces and nephews

10. Being able to look myself in the mirror and truly love what I see. I'm not asking to be perfect. I'm not even asking to be really skinny. I just want to be healthy and happy and finally see myself as the beautiful person I know I am inside.

• relaxing around others

• not getting winded during activities

wearing shorts

dance classes

going to the beach without 3142 layers on

seeing people I haven't seen since before losing weight

being less self-conscious

buying clothes I like

I look forward to taking pictures with my family. I've always hated the way I looked and felt. Now that I have lost 104 pounds I'm okay with taking pictures but not too many. I'm sure that will change as I keep loosing weight.

I'm also looking forward to being more active. I did 1 5k last year and I'm signed up for 2 this year.

I'm much happier and positive. I'm actually excited about life!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the BariatricPal App

I've been losing for awhile. I can't wait to lose the boobs and belly! A man shouldn't have his own boobs...