Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like I'm done losing weight. I'm losing like half a pound to a pound a week. I'm only 5 months out! Any suggestions on how to get back in? I'm meeting all my Protein numbers, going to the gym, I'm following all the rules. I told my nutritionist and she said "you're doing fine"... I need to get back on the losing bench! HELP!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You don't need to get back on the losing bench -- you are already on it, you are still losing weight. If you want to lose weight faster, you have to increase your caloric deficit. There are basically three ways to do this:

--decrease the number of calories you take in every day

--significantly increase your exercise

--both of the above together.

In order to decrease your calories, you have to start by knowing exactly how many calories you are currently taking in. If you don't already, weigh all your portions and track your intake on MyFitnessPal or a similar app for a week or so. Examine your entries for things that you might be able to reduce in size, or replace with something with lower calories. For example, if you are eating Peanut Butter, replace it with PB2. If you are eating Beans, replace with chicken and broccoli. Replace string cheese with some turkey Jerky.< /p>

Good luck!

I get in 600-800 calories a day! They said I can't decrease because then ill have to stop going to the gym or only do weights

Look at the book " A pound of cure". By Dr Mathew Weiner. He also has tons of YouTube videos. He is a bariatric surgeon in Michigan. A lot of people have success with his program

Also remember, the less you weigh the harder it is to lose weight. It will continue to be so as you lose more and more. Don't get frustrated, be happy when you do lose, even if "only" half a pound.

Sent from my SM-T817V using the BariatricPal App

I get in 600-800 calories a day! They said I can't decrease because then ill have to stop going to the gym or only do weights

I'm going to say INCREASE Protein and calories. Get 100 grams of Protein and up your calories by 100-150. Keep exercising.

See how that works. It always did for me.

You need to shake up your metabolism (in my opinion) and that might mean adding calories if you can. What are you eating?

What worked for me? High Protein, high fat, low carb. I added mayo, real dressing, full fat cheese, almonds, avocado, olive oil, to my Protein to up my calories without adding carbs. I ate an egg plus an egg yolk, real sour cream with my re-fried Beans, etc. The fat kept me full longer and added calories when I really didn't have room for them through just lean protein.

Just my opinion.

Hey everyone. Please I need a serious help????

I'm 6 weeks post op and I only loose 18 pound like 3 weeks after surgery, since then I haven't lost anything and just last week's my scale said I gain 2 pound back. I'm so scared and nervous that this will work for me. I'm doing everything by the book, going to the gym , I walk or run 5 miles within an hour 4-5 times a week. The only thing I noticed I do different is, I can not tolerate all my 64 Oz of Water but I do get like 24 Oz in or more. Pls help me if u have an idear what I need to do different.

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal App

I'll agree with Babbs and LipstickLady. You need more calories from Protein and fat, and lower your carbohydrates (if you are eating carbs). Your metabolism has slowed down because when your caloric intake is low enough, your body thinks it's facing a starvation situation. Metabolism slows to prevent you from losing too much weight and potentially starving to death. Feed your body protein and fat and you'll jump start your metabolism and start losing again. If you are already eating a lower-carb diet, look at your carb sources. In addition to eliminating breads, Pasta, rice, and potatoes, cut back on/eliminate fruit and veggies such as peas, corn, carrots, onions, winter squashes, and tomatoes. These are all higher-carb veggies that can slow down weight loss. Also drink as much zero-calorie liquid as you can. I'd suggest some of this come from PowerAid Zero to help with electrolyte balance. When I think I can't stomach any more Water, I will drink low-cal cranberry juice cut 2:1 or 1:1 with water. That little bit of flavor and tartness makes drinking water much more palatable!

Edited by leebick

I'll agree with Babbs and LipstickLady. You need more calories from Protein and fat, and lower your carbohydrates (if you are eating carbs). Your metabolism has slowed down because when your caloric intake is low enough, your body thinks it's facing a starvation situation. Metabolism slows to prevent you from losing too much weight and potentially starving to death. Feed your body Protein and fat and you'll jump start your metabolism and start losing again. If you are already eating a lower-carb diet, look at your carb sources. In addition to eliminating breads, Pasta, rice, and potatoes, cut back on/eliminate fruit and veggies such as peas, corn, carrots, onions, winter squashes, and tomatoes. These are all higher-carb veggies that can slow down weight loss. Also drink as much zero-calorie liquid as you can. I'd suggest some of this come from PowerAid Zero to help with electrolyte balance. When I think I can't stomach any more Water, I will drink low-cal cranberry juice cut 2:1 or 1:1 with Water. That little bit of flavor and tartness makes drinking water much more palatable!

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal App

Drinking plain Water, 1 smart Water or electrolyte drink a day. Breathing exercises, mild exercise early on. When your taking in such a low caloric amount you have to make sure you take all the nutrients or hair will fall out, your body will be forced into a crisis and self preservation. Guard against that by following your nutritionist. Don't go rouge, 1/2 a pound is still going in the right direction. Some weeks your body is changing. I find areas of my body that were once hard become softer, then all of a sudden scale drops. Hang in there, the weight came on over time, it will come off.