Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Was Your Thanksgiving?

I made myself up a nice little lunch bowl with two pieces of turkey, about a tablespoon & 1/2 of garlic mashed potatoes, homemade cranberry sauce and this cauliflower "stuffing" dish that my hubby made for me (no actual stuffing involved lol) and had a small spoon of gravy over my turkey. I ate less than 1/2 of the bowl and was full.. but I went back to it and ate a little more about an hour later. I was still full all day until about 8 last night.. then I had a small piece of apple pie that I deconstructed and ditched the top crust lol. I was down 2 lbs this morning lol.

I'm preop getting ready to start my liquid diet.. so I had what some ppl call the last supper syndrome lol I ate a Lil of everything and now I'm constipated :(

Bouncy Conyers

I was 3 weeks out from my surgery yesterday. My family was aware of my limits and I wasn't supposed to "start soft foods and chew them until they are liquids" (my doctor's exact words) until today. I did have a super tiny bit of turkey and miniscule bit of dressing and was literally stuffed the rest of the day! I'm glad I am like this now. Maybe I won't be morbidly obese for the rest of my life! :) What a beautiful blessing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using the BariatricPal App

I am a secret sleever as well. Since we ran out of space in the dinning room, I took the opportunity to use a small plate and eat in the kitchen. The food was set-up in the other room. I had a small amount of turkey and some sauted cabbage.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

Sleeved November 9th..I am a secret sleever to my family because oh my gosh..they were such a let Dow on my weight..always the bigger sibling but critical about surgeries..smh..but since it was so soon My taste buds not right so nothing jumped at me ..I had a slice of turkey, couple potatoes and over cooked carrots..and that was it..My mom hosted instead of my aunt so that probably helped me too.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

Im also 8wks out but i spent today in the hospital. Ive done great thus far but have had alot of problems with my bowels. They found out that i have adhedsions that have wrapped around a large part of my bowel making it very difficult for me to have a bowel movement. 8wks out only 3 movements so you can imagine how i feel. I cant get all my fluids down or Protein because i always feel full and bloated. So to the operating room at 730am. Hopefully this will make me feel much better. I wish i couldve had some thanksgiving dinner with my family. Even if it was just an ounce of potatoes. Enjoy the weekend guys and ill update you all tomorrow. Keep me in your prayers

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Praying all went well with surgery this morning.

I'm 3 months out, and cooked for two days as I was hosting, tasted more than I should have, but my eyes were bigger than my stomach and I ended up with more food on my plate than I could eat, my dog Shiloh, had a very good thanksgiving dinner. :D

First I need to explain how it has been . I'm 3 years out from my RNY. The 1st Thanksgiving I was so sick I couldn't hold down Water without throwing up. I ended up having 5 Endoscopes with 4 Dilations. So as I was saying I didn't even have Thanksgiving the 1st year!! Last year I overate and was sick AGAIN!! But that was all my own doing. So this year I had a HUGE plan. I would scout out what I wanted and only take what I was excited about. Which I did!! BUT...the last 3 days my stomach has been cramping and feels sore. My grandson had something last week that went thru his school like mad!! So I ate a few bites of turkey 2 bites of dressing 1/4 piece of cranberries and 2 teaspoons of fruit salad. So guess where I was within 2 or 3 minutes!! YEPPERS I got so sick!! Even today I'm not feeling too great!! So that was my THANKSGIVING!!!! I guess I should look at it as a saving grace RIGHT!!!

I am seven weeks out from my surgery. One of the things I was very thankful for was getting to the soft food stage in time for Thanksgiving. I did very well, eating mostly turkey, with just a taste of PA German potato stuffing, and a smaller taste of sweet potatoes. Three hours later, when everyone else was still feeling bloated, I did it all again.

I was able to max out and then some on my Protein, and still have a taste of the other goodies without feeling stuffed or bloated, and I was completely satisfied the whole day.

Mine was good! I was able to eat 2 oz. of pureed turkey and I got full real quick...Im 17 days post op..

Sent from my LG-H901 using the BariatricPal App

That sounds miserable. Sorry you're having to go through it; good thoughts your way.

Im also 8wks out but i spent today in the hospital. Ive done great thus far but have had alot of problems with my bowels. They found out that i have adhedsions that have wrapped around a large part of my bowel making it very difficult for me to have a bowel movement. 8wks out only 3 movements so you can imagine how i feel. I cant get all my fluids down or Protein because i always feel full and bloated. So to the operating room at 730am. Hopefully this will make me feel much better. I wish i couldve had some thanksgiving dinner with my family. Even if it was just an ounce of potatoes. Enjoy the weekend guys and ill update you all tomorrow. Keep me in your prayers

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I made it through today great but back to being really sore again. I feel like i went through my surgery 8wks ago. But he said that there was so many adhesions they were everywhere. Maybe ill feel the difference. Thanks for the good thoughts....

That sounds miserable. Sorry you're having to go through it; good thoughts your way.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I made it through today great but back to being really sore again. I feel like i went through my surgery 8wks ago. But he said that there was so many adhesions they were everywhere. Maybe ill feel the difference. Thanks for the good thoughts....