Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Paul Macik in Atlanta Sleeve

I started my journey in June of this year. I decided to see Dr. Macik at Northside from a coworkers referral. Looking to see who also used him as their surgeon. I got notice that insurance was approved and the date has been placed on the schedule for Dec 28 2016. Who else In GA going thru Dr. MACIK.... Let's uplift eachother and give advice for those who have already gone thru it. I just joined last night and so far this has helped easy my mixed emotions. Speak up Ga...

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

My son lives in atl, im in pensacola. Welcome to the group. Ive only been here since july. Im 7wks post op.

Hw 298

Sw 274

Cw 220 and loving it....lol

I was a flight attendant for 18yrs until 3yrs ago. I had a fall on the aircraft and broke my back and had to have major surgery. They found out that i have MS and so the 145 that ive been all my adult life went to almost 300lbs from the steriods in the medication theyve had me on. So now that ive had the surgery, i have to find a alternative form of pain relief because i can no longer take the steriods for the inflammation and pain and the oral meds constipate you so bad, thats almost like having surgery again. But good luck to ya. Maybe on my next visit to atl, we can meet and go for a walk. Ill be spending alot of time there after the new year, im planning my sons wedding at the venue the courthouse i think its called. Keep in touch

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Hello there!

I'm also using Dr. Macik as I was referred to him by a girlfriend as she had him do her gastric sleeve in 2012 and she looks fantastic! My surgery is scheduled for December 16th and I'm so excited!! A little nervous but hopeful for great results like many others I've seen. So glad we share the same surgeon and am excited to share this journey with you. :) -Shelby

Hello there!

I'm also using Dr. Macik as I was referred to him by a girlfriend as she had him do her gastric sleeve in 2012 and she looks fantastic! My surgery is scheduled for December 16th and I'm so excited!! A little nervous but hopeful for great results like many others I've seen. So glad we share the same surgeon and am excited to share this journey with you. :) -Shelby

Awww. Awesome. Lets keep In touch. It's nice to meet others who are going thru the same thing. But its even better when you have someone who has the same surgeon and going to the same hosptial. When do you start your 2 week pre op. How have you been since you got the approval. Tiffany is the best isn't she. We have to keep in touch..

My son lives in atl, im in pensacola. Welcome to the group. Ive only been here since july. Im 7wks post op.

Hw 298

Sw 274

Cw 220 and loving it....lol

I was a flight attendant for 18yrs until 3yrs ago. I had a fall on the aircraft and broke my back and had to have major surgery. They found out that i have MS and so the 145 that ive been all my adult life went to almost 300lbs from the steriods in the medication theyve had me on. So now that ive had the surgery, i have to find a alternative form of pain relief because i can no longer take the steriods for the inflammation and pain and the oral meds constipate you so bad, thats almost like having surgery again. But good luck to ya. Maybe on my next visit to atl, we can meet and go for a walk. Ill be spending alot of time there after the new year, im planning my sons wedding at the venue the courthouse i think its called. Keep in touch

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Nice to meet you. Yes I'm looking forwarded to the procedure.. For sure we have to keep in touch, I would like to walk since that's what I will be required to do once I've been discharged and given the ok to start excerise. Take care of yourself and let me know when you come down.

I live in Atlanta, I'm not a patient of Dr. Macik, actually going through Dr. Titus Duncan, I haven't received a surgery date yet, I've completed all my requirements, so I'm just patiently praying, waiting and trying to slowly prepare myself for this life changing change. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time but I know its for the best!!! I'm new to this site and figured the forums and everything would give me insight and encouragement. I'd also like to keep in touch with everyone who's in the area.

Thanks a Bunch

@@wilson06, Hi there! I'm about 25 minutes outside Atlanta. Dr. Macik is going to be my surgeon too. I don't have a date yet. I started in July with my first appointment. So far he's good.

So, not Dr. Macik, but I am in Atlanta and my date is December 19th! I'm going through Dr. Johnson with Atlanta Bariatrics. :)

So, not Dr. Macik, but I am in Atlanta and my date is December 19th! I'm going through Dr. Johnson with Atlanta Bariatrics. :)

Ok. I would like to keep in touch with everyone that's in the area. Have you started your pre op diet? Let me know how it goes. I know everyone is different and will experience different things but I think it's good if we all share and encourage eachother in this life changing but healthier new life. Will you be having the procedure in a hospital or the clinic?

@@wilson06, Hi there! I'm about 25 minutes outside Atlanta. Dr. Macik is going to be my surgeon too. I don't have a date yet. I started in July with my first appointment. So far he's good.

Ok. I started the journey in July also. Tiffani and Dr. Macik are good aren't they? He is a mandatory with few words buy he answer all your questions and concerns.. what are you waiting on if you don't mind me asking?

I live in Atlanta, I'm not a patient of Dr. Macik, actually going through Dr. Titus Duncan, I haven't received a surgery date yet, I've completed all my requirements, so I'm just patiently praying, waiting and trying to slowly prepare myself for this life changing change. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time but I know its for the best!!! I'm new to this site and figured the forums and everything would give me insight and encouragement. I'd also like to keep in touch with everyone who's in the area.

Thanks a Bunch

That's ok. We all should support eachother. Please let me know when you get a date. I would like for all of Atlanta Residents to keep in touch. Dr. Duncan is good. So you will be at Atlanta medical. I use to work their. You are good hands. What are you waiting on if you don't mind me asking?

Hey wilson06, thanks for responding to my message, I really see that the group is very encouraging and I love it... Yeah, I'd love for all us Atlantans to keep in touch maybe form a group outside this one, workout, hang out etc!!! I'm just waiting on approval from my insurance company which is WellCare, then date for surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hey wilson06, thanks for responding to my message, I really see that the group is very encouraging and I love it... Yeah, I'd love for all us Atlantans to keep in touch maybe form a group outside this one, workout, hang out etc!!! I'm just waiting on approval from my insurance company which is WellCare, then date for surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Anndriar15 for sure. I would like that too.hopefully it won't take much longer with well care. Please let me know when you get a date.

Ok. I would like to keep in touch with everyone that's in the area. Have you started your pre op diet? Let me know how it goes. I know everyone is different and will experience different things but I think it's good if we all share and encourage eachother in this life changing but healthier new life. Will you be having the procedure in a hospital or the clinic?

Heya =]

I have not started a pre-op diet yet, but I am anxious about it.

And, I will be having in a hospital. It will be at Johns Creek Hospital. What about you?

Heya =]

I have not started a pre-op diet yet, but I am anxious about it.

And, I will be having in a hospital. It will be at Johns Creek Hospital. What about you?

I will be at Northside Hospital