Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vomiting/Dry heaving

So since week 5 post op I have been vomiting. Mostly dry heaving but also vomiting bile. This does not happen when I eat or drink. It's so random. Today I dry heaved on 3 separate occasions which has been the worst so far. My surgeon seems to think I have a problem with my diaphragm so he's asked my GP to prescribe me some tablets to hopefully help. I don't get nauseous all of a sudden I just get this feeling and I have to go to the toilet immediately. I have an extremely sore throats all the time but no heartburn. This started happening after I was taken off my gas tablets. Anyone experienced this? It's to tiring and scary at the same time because it happens when I drive and I have to pull over immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Sounds like gas or overeating. Why were you taken off gas tablets?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I had this problem when I tried to eat to much. I learned quick not to do it.

Funny enough I'm not eating enough because of the whole palaver. Surgeon is concerned about it. I have to force myself to eat. I'm hoping it will sort itself out. Thanks guys.

I was only prescribe gas tablets for 5 weeks. I believe it's gas as well. Time will tell.

I have had nausea with this as well as my friend. We are surgically just a couple weeks apart. I asked for a scapolsmine patch, small doses of Ativan and I have an essential oil diffuser and I use lemon or peppermint essential oils and let them permeate the air. I was desperate to do anything that I could to rid the nausea. I'm a nurse so I know what to ask for. It has helped my friend and me and I'm so glad. I have also seen this combination work with my cancer patients.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

The tablets I have been prescribed is for GERD and ulcers. I woke up got out of bed dry heave. Took the tablets ate a 1/3 of a Protein bar. Went for a walk. Came home dry heave. I'm desperate for this to stop.

Edited by facebro29

I bought some Powerade and that seem to have done the trick!! I'm so thirsty it's the only thing I can get down me. Will have to do for a few days until this all sorts out. I've had the worse day today. I stopped counting after dry heaving 6 times today.

Dr is giving me a swallow test as I have been dry heaving now for 3 weeks. I hope this helps with finding the issue

Finally have a diagnosis. I have a hiatal hernia. Waiting on surgeon to let me know my options for treatment.

If you think it is gas you can buy simethicone (Gas X) over the counter.

Sent from my iPhone