Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm pretty much crying everyday hoping that one day I will feel better. So fed up.

I'm pretty much crying everyday hoping that one day I will feel better. So fed up.

Why are you crying everyday? You're feeling bad from your pre-op diet? Do you have a therapist associated with your bariatric practice? You should NOT be this distraught heading into your surgery. You really need to talk with someone who can help you put your fears and concerns into perspective.

A week before my surgery I was nervous, but it was that good, "I can't wait!" kind of nervous, like before your wedding or when you do a pregnancy test and you WANT to be pregnant...you shouldn't be crying and dreading it. It may be that the time isn't right in your life for something of this magnitude.

I eat all day every day most days so no I don't miss food at all. I eat it all the time :lol: I eat every 2-3 hours and I intermitten fast 16:8, plenty of food and liquids in my day.

I don't miss eating how I used to because it cost me so much $$$$$$ and other things. Also my tastes are completely different now. I could go to steak and shake and get a milk shake, fries and a burger. There is nothing to stop me, but I am just not interested. I had a steak a few hours ago, and I am completely satisfied.

No food tastes as good as wearing a medium in any store I want.

Wow! I couldn't eat a steak or a burger if I tried. Certainly couldn't eat the bun, lettuce etc. Or fries. Definitely not a milkshake.

And I can't eat more than two small, very small meals a day and fluids the rest of the time.

My sleeve simply won't let me.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

it gets a lot easier to eat bad things or even more good things, over time.

I still love food. Last night we had family over and my sweetie and I made shrimp stuffed poblano peppers with refried Beans. We stuffed the peppers with shrimp, red, orange and yellow bell pepper, onion and spices. We also made a cilantro yogurt sauce buy thinning the yogurt with non fat milk. I don't miss food at all. It is now a fun challenge to make it bariatric friendly.

Why are you crying everyday? You're feeling bad from your pre-op diet? Do you have a therapist associated with your bariatric practice? You should NOT be this distraught heading into your surgery. You really need to talk with someone who can help you put your fears and concerns into perspective.

A week before my surgery I was nervous, but it was that good, "I can't wait!" kind of nervous, like before your wedding or when you do a pregnancy test and you WANT to be pregnant...you shouldn't be crying and dreading it. It may be that the time isn't right in your life for something of this magnitude.

I'm 5 weeks post op and have had the worst post op care. My NUT has actually stopped emailing me when I have questions and I don't actually have a follow up with my surgeon until next week. I've had no Vitamins as my paper stated I shouldn't take them until week 6. I use this forum a lot to help me through but I'm not getting the medical support I need.

@@Babbs got here first with sentiments I share. I'll say it anyway.

I eat food every day, therefore, I do not miss it. I do not miss eating like a mindless beast. I do not miss lying to myself about eating as comfort. The truth is that it's eating in search of a stupor, disconnected from my rightful place in the world.

I'm only 2 weeks out, on soft foods, and yes, I miss "other food". I drove by Cici's pizza today and had a wistful moment thinking about going in there and ordering a veggie pizza and then dipping each slice in a bowl of ranch dressing. I don't miss the eating so much I feel terrible about myself and want to vomit. I also don't miss the not knowing what I'm going to eat and eating taco bell instead. My diet is very restricted, but I have been making sure food is prepped so that I can open the fridge and have something ready to grab when I'm hungry. I definitely appreciate that part. Oh and how my pants aren't digging into my flesh and making my waist sore and itchy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

I do miss food but don't miss the mindless numbing binging i used to do. I was always bloated and tired. I was always uncomfortable and my clothes were always tight. My face. was swelled from sodium. Then I was hungry a half hour later.

my choices dictate my success.

AMEN! This should be printed on T shirts and given to every WLS patient. Actually, this statement expands far beyond just weight loss success....it goes for everything in life. Love it.

Right now, yes I do. I am 11 days out and living off of liquids. I hate dairy and thick stuff so I can't even stomach Protein shakes.

I want healthy stuff, meats, asparagus, brussel sprouts, etc. No crap, just actual food!

The original question about missing food has little to do with overeating or binging on unhealthy foods.

I miss healthy food in healthy portions.

I am only six months out though so maybe in a few years I might be able to eat healthy food again.

I'm 5 weeks post op and have had the worst post op care. My NUT has actually stopped emailing me when I have questions and I don't actually have a follow up with my surgeon until next week. I've had no Vitamins as my paper stated I shouldn't take them until week 6. I use this forum a lot to help me through but I'm not getting the medical support I need.

Sorry to hear that! Post op care is so important.

I hope you will mention to your surgeon that your NUT ignores you emails with your questions.

I am also surprised that you were not allowed Vitamins till week 6.

I had chewable BN Multi and a vit B12 spray, that I started couple of days post op.

Yes, regular vitamins can be too big and too hard to swallow, and can bring on the nausea early post op.

This is why there are special bariatric vitamins for early post op recovery.

I hope that your next week's appointment with your surgeon will be fruitful for you, and that you will start feeling much better soon!

All the best!

My relationship for food is totally changing for the better. We had a jack & jill baby shower this weekend, and while at first it was weird ignoring many items on the buffet, I found plenty of healthy things to eat and nibble on.

What I'm seeing is how many empty carb calories I would have chosen in the past. White rolls with butter, tons of Pasta dishes, cheese on crackers, booze to be "social," which is all not appealing to me. I kinda got grossed out seeing some of the heaping plates -- not judgmental, because that was totally me, but just realizing how many calories I mindlessly consumed and then wondered why I just couldn't lose weight. Duh!

Also, the binging mindlessly is such a relief to stop. Why? What was I doing to myself? I am trying to journal every night in bed before I go to sleep a little note how the day went, triggers, etc. It is helping me pay attention to my food! I have been so "busy" the past 20 years that I ignored what I was doing to myself.

Sometimes I miss eating a delicious meal, but a lot of things have lost their appeal, and I'm okay with that. I'm relieved food (so far) has lost it's power over me.

Eating for nutrition and energy and not for recreation is lovely.

Sorry, I thought you were pre-op for some reason. I agree with OzRoo, you need to let your surgeon know about the NUT. It's surprising that you're not on Vitamins, six weeks is a long time to go without them when you're eating minimal nutrition.

I'm glad the forum has been helpful, but it can't take the place of good medical supervision...I'm sorry yours isn't better.

Yes! I was sleeved on 7/27. I am so thrilled with my weight loss and I'd do it all over again. BUT... I almost feel like there is a sadness and mourning I've experienced over food or the way I used to eat. food does trigger chemicals that make you happy. Yes, I still eat "food". But my brain wishes I could eat a big plate full of food. When I have to stop after a few bites, my brain is not happy about that. Yes, I feel "full" but even that was a surprise to me. I thought I would feel the same feeling of fullness that I did before, it'd just happen on way less food. That's not how it works (for me). I don't feel this great satisfied feeling like, "ahhh, I'm stuffed, I'm full, I'm happy." When I am getting full, I start feeling a little burpy. If I push past that, I start feeling a painful reflux/heartburn type feeling. It's like my food is backing up because it doesn't have anywhere to go. Yet, I still haven't reached that old, big stretched stomach feeling of full. If I get to the refluxy feeling of full - it hurts and will hurt for awhile. It took me a little while when eating the solids to realize what full was. Burps! That's no where near as satisfying as it once was to feel this big stomach all stretched and full. My brain, as well as my stomach used to know it was full back then. Now my brain says - keep going! But if I do, I will be in great pain.

I'm not saying any of this to scare anyone. I was just surprised how different this is than what I expected. I'm getting used to it. I have felt sadness that I won't be able to eat some of the foods in the ways that I once used to. Yet, I LOVE who I am. The real me that was buried beneath the fat is able to show herself now. And I don't mean body image wise either. I felt trapped in that fat body. I can finally run again. I can ride horses again. I can play with my kids, shop at normal stores, look at photos of myself without cringing!

I think it's ok to feel sad about letting part of our past go. It makes it easier when we know we need to let it go to move into a new phase that will be so much better!

You very well might miss the food or your old way of eating some, but...the new life that is coming your way is worth the trade off!