Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone,

I was sleeved 11/3/16 and am on the liquid diet, I am getting tired of Water, chicken broth, and Protein drinks. Most of it is making me nauseous. I need to try something new, what are some of the things you guys are. I have also already tried Jello and pudding. I'm thinking of sugar free ice cream? Has anyone tried that?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

No sugar free ice cream. Stay away from that. It contains dairy and when on liquid diet you are restricted to just pure Clear liquids. Also the fact you tried pudding is not good. I know the frustration because we all have gone thru it but it will get better. You are only a couple days post op. Hang in there..

I thought some dairy was okay, they said I can start having coffee with 1/2 and 1/2, soy milk or almond milk. But if it is not what I am suppose to be eating I will cut back on it. It's just starting to get to only drinking Water seems like the only thing my stomach will tolerate

Everyone's diet is different. My doctor allowed sugar free pudding during my liquid stage

I highly suggest this enchilada soup! Just be sure you strain it. Again this is when you're on your full liquids. It was a lifesaver for me. I'm clear tomorrow to go on to the soft stage.

post-302365-14784533882291_thumb.jpg

No sugar free ice cream. Stay away from that. It contains dairy and when on liquid diet you are restricted to just pure Clear Liquids. Also the fact you tried pudding is not good. I know the frustration because we all have gone thru it but it will get better. You are only a couple days post op. Hang in there..

my surgeon allows sugar free pudding so that may be okay check with ur surgeon

Are you on clear liquids or full liquids?

It really depends on what your plan says. When my plan moved on to full liquids (Day 14), I was able to add strained creamed Soups which I combined with unflavored Protein powder. They helped a lot.

No matter which liquid phase your plan has you on right now, I would not have sugar free ice-cream.

Good luck!

I was sleeved on 10/26. The nausea I had was horrible, the one thing that I tried and worked was cold flat diet gingerale

Sent from my HTC One A9 using the BariatricPal App

I was starving the 3 day. It got better but I am still hungry. Fat people don't like to hungry. That's why we are fat.

You're going to be hungry for a while. The liquids go right through the sleeve. That's a GOOD thing, and very important because you just had major abdominal surgery and you have a long unhealed suture line and your already much smaller stomach is very swollen.

The gastric sleeve is a tool it's not magic. You signed on for life don't start off by sabotaging your self on the third day.

Start thinking of food as a fuel. Find something else to think about. Take a short walk. Visit with a friend. Meanwhile get in your Protein and water!

I highly suggest this enchilada soup! Just be sure you strain it. Again this is when you're on your full liquids. It was a lifesaver for me. I'm clear tomorrow to go on to the soft stage.

attachicon.gif 20161031_124102.jpg

Thank you!! This is something I plan on trying tonight. It must be full liquids because my surgeon said I can have yogurt and sugar free things if I like. I will try that.

I know the word "Ice Cream" scares people but there are healthy options that one can have that is similar to ice cream at Trader Joe's made from Greek yogurt and artificial sweetener. I wasn't planning on going full on crazy and binge out on ice cream. I just wanted something different that won't be harsh on my stomach.

I am not trying to sabotage myself thus why I went to a forum before even buying the ice cream. My doctor did say sugar free items are okay, just wanted to see if anyone else had tried it and felt better afterwards.

I'm just going through the stages... I'm on my third day of full liquids and it's not easy finding things to keep sipping on. I'm sure you guys remember that time. Just looking for suggestions.

I know the word "Ice Cream" scares people but there are healthy options that one can have that is similar to ice cream at Trader Joe's made from Greek yogurt and artificial sweetener. I wasn't planning on going full on crazy and binge out on ice cream. I just wanted something different that won't be harsh on my stomach.

I am not trying to sabotage myself thus why I went to a forum before even buying the ice cream. My doctor did say sugar free items are okay, just wanted to see if anyone else had tried it and felt better afterwards.

I'm just going through the stages... I'm on my third day of full liquids and it's not easy finding things to keep sipping on. I'm sure you guys remember that time. Just looking for suggestions.

Whether or not to eat the sugar free ice-cream is obviously a choice only you can make. I have two thoughts to throw out: (1) Sugar free items often have a lot of carbs, and (2) Trying to substitute "diet" versions of foods/drinks we loved pre-op often impedes the progress we need to make in re-establishing our relationship with food.

I had to do 21 days of liquids post-op because I would not eat the week 3 foods in my plan because they were all loaded with carbs (cream of wheat, oatmeal, bananas, etc.). So, I completely understand that you may be sick of liquids because I was way over them myself after 3 weeks; however, always remember that the mental game of this is always going to need to be more aggressive than the physical one.

Good luck!

It wasn't ice cream that concerned me it was that you're 3days from survey and bored with your options.

In addition to the required 6month pre bariatric surgery classes required by my insurance I also took a 6 month weekly class called "live it". I learned so much about Portion Control, planning and most importantly, my (dysfunctional) relationship with food.

I am great loosing weight. I'll loose the weight (again) this time. For me the real work will come when I get to maintenance. I hope that the sleeve and the things I have learned and already put into practice will make the difference.

I tried ice cream about a week and a half out, just a spoonful (I'm of the belief that I still need to live my life- but as a skinny eater and skinny people have a spoonful of ice cream every once in a while )

After the spoonful I felt a little bubbly in my belly and then I got super tired I'm not sure if it was my stomach or lack of gallbladder that didn't like it so much. I say give it a try but don't spend tons of money on a big carton lol most of the things I'm gung ho for end up getting tossed. I did enjoy Italian ices when I was just home from the hospital gave me the feel of eating ice cream but was more like a Popsicle in the liquid department.

Also, my post op diet plan was more lenient I was on full liquids 2nd day post op and pureed a week out almost a month post op now and on the healthy diet for life plan. Everyone is different but my surgeon wasn't too hard on me.