Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery yesterday. Feel awful. Still in hospital, keeping me additional night due to vomiting abs acid reflux. Felling discouraged.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Having surgery is never pleasant, and regret is VERY normal early out when we are feeling like crap for several weeks after. Just realize this is just TEMPORARY. Each day, each week that goes by and things normalize for you and you see yourself losing weight this will all be a distant memory.

Keep saying this to yourself:

This too shall pass.

Agreed, this too shall pass. 7 weeks out, feels like the liquid diet was forever ago. That being said - I have my days when I'm full of regret.

I think people start to get the "only wish I'd done it sooner" phase around 6 months. Hang in there!

It will get better. I just tried to sleep as much as possible first few days which made the roughest days go by faster. Keep clicking the pain button and rest! Best of luck!!

You'll get there, Im considered a success story, i lost 241 pounds in 368 days. Your mileage may vary, and its been the greatest part of my life outside of my wife of course, but the point here, is literally during the first week after surgery i told my wife If i could go back and undo this I would do it. I said that repeatedly. Now id like to go back and show myself what the results can be.

You can get there,

You WILL get there.

People here will help you.

You can do this!

It took me until about 11 days out to stop wishing I hadn't done it. Surgery is rough. Each day will slowly get better.

Surgery yesterday. Feel awful. Still in hospital, keeping me additional night due to vomiting abs acid reflux. Felling discouraged.

My physician put me on prilosec from day 1 of surgery. Not for reflux but something about protecting stomach linning. I already had nexium at home but he stressed ONLY PRILSeC!!!! I opened up capsule and ate the little sprinkles inside for 3 months. HE STRESSED IT WAS REALLY IMPORTANT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using the BariatricPal App

I don't think its reflux. Its actually the new full feeling. Dont worry it will get better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using the BariatricPal App

I started rebounding on the 3rd day post-op and it has gotten better every day since. Pour yourself 100% into following your plan and getting your Protein and Water in every day. Before you know it, the weight will come off, you will adjust to your new reality, and life will go on in new and exciting ways!

Good luck!

Sleeved yesterday also. November 1st at 11am

Im home

I feel horrible. Vomiting and cramps. No strength

Make sure you are on an anti-nausea med. I was given Benadryl in addition to Zofran to fight nausea in the hospital. I can't imagine feeling like I did and being home. I wish they had people stay longer in the hospital! Take it slow - stay hydrated. Powerade Zero was all I could get in and keep down at first.

Im home

The first day is really rough. The worst will be over soon. I know it feels like forever right now but in a few weeks it will just be a blip. Just stay on top of all your meds and try to rest.

Im home

Congratulations on your sleeve! I'm sorry you're vomiting and having cramps. This might be cold comfort at this moment, but it will get better. Go slow, let others pamper you, get plenty of sleep. You're going to be okay.

Congratulations on your sleeve! I'm sorry you don't feel well. Things are going to get better. So many of us have felt temporary "buyer's remorse" but we adjust and things get better! We're with you!

Im home

Make sure you are on an anti-nausea med. I was given Benadryl in addition to Zofran to fight nausea in the hospital. I can't imagine feeling like I did and being home. I wish they had people stay longer in the hospital! Take it slow - stay hydrated. Powerade Zero was all I could get in and keep down at first.

I loved Powerade 0 on pre op but since surgery i cant stand it. same with the Protein shakes i was using, now i can only tolerate muscle milk. isn't it strange how that happens?

OP, you might have similar issues, try different fluids at different temps. ive found since day 1 that cold Water works best for me but everyone is VERY different.