Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you travelled for surgery, how long did you stick around after?

Dr. Apel did my surgery too. Today was the first day I woke up feeling slightly normal.

I was having pain trapped under my ribs and I think that didn't help. Taking the pills were really hard on my stomach. And drinking liquids is such a challenge. I have given up on trying to meet Protein requirements and trying to stay hydrated.

I called the clinic and left a message and no one has reached out yet. I am just being patient and focusing on healing. I do admit Blossom was sooooo amazing but then after the surgery I feel slightly discarded.

I am really glad I found this app to see that we all are struggling in our own way. I had my surgery on 10/28 and I was 267 and today 11/2 I am 260.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Five days post op...

I'd think the gas pain would have subsided. Walking is about the only thing you can do for that.

Call him directly. Do you have his number?

I had surgery in Boca Raton and I live in Tampa. I had a 2 day hospital stay and went home right after being discharged

Had no issue sitting in the car. You just have to get out every hour and walk around. It makes you feel better plus circulation to prevent blood clots.

I was self pay too. Dr's in Tampa wanted 27k but I paid 10.5k in Boca.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

Did you see Dr Shillingford?

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Sorry I'm still trying to figure out how to reply to people.

Yes, Dr Shillingford did my surgery on 10-24.

I have a consultation in Orlando on Nov 10, but if too high (I think they charge ~15k), I may go to Boca

I can only speak for my experience with Dr Shillingford and his office but they did everything to make my life easier.

I had an initial phone consult with Nancy and she schedule a phone consult with Dr Shillingford. I did my two week pre op diet and the Friday before my surgery I went down and had an appointment with the Dr just to meet him and his staff and go over any questions/concerns I had. I went and did my pre op lab work the same day and then on Monday I had my surgery.

They made it very convenient to only have to drive down once.

His staff Nancy and Elba are amazing. I can email them and I know I'll get an answer within a few hours. They are super kind and knowledgeable.

Also depending on if you go down on the right weekend. A woman from the hospital does a seminar on Saturdays. She goes over everything to expect. Unfortunately I went on a weekend that she didn't have class... the great thing is that she came to my hospital room and sat down with my husband and myself and went over everything.

The hospital is good. The bariatric staff was really nice and took really good care of me. Bariatric patients have their own wing and everyone gets their own room. Also visiting hours are 24/7 so if someone is accompanying you, they can stay in the hospital with you and you don't have to pay for a room at a hotel if your budget conscious.

Anyway that's enough ranting for now. If you have any questions please message me, I'm most certainly happy to talk with you about the Dr and what to expect with him!

Five days post op...

I'd think the gas pain would have subsided. Walking is about the only thing you can do for that.

Call him directly. Do you have his number?

Well I woke up feeling much better today. But now I have had to lay back down to rest because that pain has come back and it's uncomfortable again. Which doesn't make me want to drink anything and then it's a viscous cycle. No one called me back today. I am gonna call the office again in the morning and if I don't hear from them by noon I'll call Dr. Apel.

It's just so weird that through the whole process they have been supportive and then drop the ball after surgery.

I am looking at surgical centers around Orlando. However, since I am self pay, I thought about traveling to Boca for about a 5k savings.

IMO...I was thinking about staying in town, near the Dr for the rest of the week.

What are your opinions? How many appts did you have with your surgeon post-op?

How much in Orlando? I was full pay in san antonio,tx paid 14500 included 2 nights 3 days hospital stay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using the BariatricPal App

I had surgery in Boca Raton and I live in Tampa. I had a 2 day hospital stay and went home right after being discharged

Had no issue sitting in the car. You just have to get out every hour and walk around. It makes you feel better plus circulation to prevent blood clots.

What procedure did u have

I am looking at surgical centers around Orlando. However, since I am self pay, I thought about traveling to Boca for about a 5k savings.

IMO...I was thinking about staying in town, near the Dr for the rest of the week.

What are your opinions? How many appts did you have with your surgeon post-op?

How much in Orlando? I was full pay in san antonio,tx paid 14500 included 2 nights 3 days hospital stay.

On the web-site it is approx 14,500. I wont really know for sure until my appt

Does anyone know any information about Dr. Wiljon Beltre in Altamont Springs I am a self pay and I heard he charges 10,500.00 for sleeve. Any info about him would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

Does anyone know any information about Dr. Wiljon Beltre in Altamont Springs I am a self pay and I heard he charges 10,500.00 for sleeve. Any info about him would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

I watched his sleeve video on YouTube. He was shakey compared to another. It made me nervous. But I am sure he's fine though.

What procedure did u have

Sleeve