Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I second the heated mattress pad...it's even better than an electric blanket. We have one for each of our beds but I can't find them since our move to this area. It's been getting into the 40s here and raining, I've been freezing all day and all night. I used to sleep in a tank and panties year round, now I'm in a thermal top, flannel bottoms and rag wool socks. Sexy, right? Oh, and the dog on my feet, too. And still cold.

If I don't find that heated pad in a week or so, I'm buying a new one. We only have radiator heat and the one in our bedroom is not cutting it without my blubber layer keeping me warm :)

Bed Bath and Beyond if you can afford it and Walmart if you can't. The only negative with my Walmart pad is that I can feel the coils/cords through my sheets. My sister has the BBB ones and you don't feel them. But I paid $45 and she paid $200. I can live with feeling a cord now and then.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I second the heated mattress pad...it's even better than an electric blanket. We have one for each of our beds but I can't find them since our move to this area. It's been getting into the 40s here and raining, I've been freezing all day and all night. I used to sleep in a tank and panties year round, now I'm in a thermal top, flannel bottoms and rag wool socks. Sexy, right? Oh, and the dog on my feet, too. And still cold.

If I don't find that heated pad in a week or so, I'm buying a new one. We only have radiator heat and the one in our bedroom is not cutting it without my blubber layer keeping me warm :)

Bed Bath and Beyond if you can afford it and Walmart if you can't. The only negative with my Walmart pad is that I can feel the coils/cords through my sheets. My sister has the BBB ones and you don't feel them. But I paid $45 and she paid $200. I can live with feeling a cord now and then.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I found mine at BB&B king size on sale for $149, as I'm carrying through the store I noticed the same one on clearance for $75. I asked why and they said the box was dented and couldn't put it on the shelf with the others. I was hesitate but bought it anyway, and it works perfectly!! I was so excited I got such a good deal

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have sorel type hard toe boots for work. It has barely hit the 40's and those aren't cutting it. I even bought thermal socks!

Do you mind if I ask what kind of work you do? My husband said he would be interested in WLS but he worries about work. He is in industrial maintenance. He could take off the time for surgery, but he worries about going back to work. There is no such thing as light duty for his job.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but when you mentioned boots, it made me think about this... carry on. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

I drive a semi and work the dock. I wasn't allowed to do light duty either. I couldn't go back till I was 100%. I took 4 weeks off after my surgery. I was worried about all the heavy lifting and I open my trailer door about 25 times a day and they sometime stick and get heavy. When I did go back I didn't have really any problems. Every once in a while my muscles in my stomach would get an achy feeling from the strain but it never kept me from working. I think if your husband listens to his doctor and does exactly what he is supposed to do while in recovery he should be fine. Good luck....

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

@@mikemy, thank you. His job is hit or miss laborwise. We can't afford for him to be off longer than disability insurance will pay, and they won't pay after the doc says he can go back. Did your doc write you out for 4 weeks?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

I live in the Coachella Valley (Palm Springs area) - hot desert. I've been freezing when the temp goes below 76. It was overcast and started raining today (very rarely rains). I'm in flannels, socks, and a heavy comforter - still cold. This winter when it really gets cold, is going to suck. On the positive - glad my insulation is going away!

I would be the person that would be wearing shorts all winter long, do not think that will be the case this year. Ohio weather is great, has jumped between 74 and 38 degrees, just this past week. I actually had to break the "Heat does not come on till mid December rule". I have been frozen of late, I guess the 97lbs (so far) of insulation I have lost has made a difference.

Edited by RoachBug

The dumbest part of this is I am so happy with my weight loss that everyday I want to show SKIN. Someone tell me how to look sexy in layers.......

I too have wondered how can I keep dressing slutty fun, now that cold weather is upon us.

Over the knee boots (you are short so that might be an issue for you, I dunno I have long legs), body con dresses, and dusters/blazers. Or skinny jeans, bodysuits, satin jackets.

Once I hit my first under 200 pounds goal, I'm getting a fur.

The dumbest part of this is I am so happy with my weight loss that everyday I want to show SKIN. Someone tell me how to look sexy in layers.......

I too have wondered how can I keep dressing slutty fun, now that cold weather is upon us.

Over the knee boots (you are short so that might be an issue for you, I dunno I have long legs), body con dresses, and dusters/blazers. Or skinny jeans, bodysuits, satin jackets.

HHAHAHAAAAA!!!

I am all about an active discussion on how to keep dressing slutty. I'm barely getting started though. It's really just about making sure all my clothes are body conscious, which is hard to do when you are losing fast. I am slowing down though and will probably lose 4-5 lbs a month from here on out if I'm lucky so it might get easier.

Like all my jeans were stretchy skinny jeans and nothinggggg looks worse than stretchy skinny jeans that are sagging in the butt and thigh area. The only jeans that fit me now are like 4 years old and boot cut. So out of style. And I'm too busy to shop for jeans right now so I'm just jean-less.

I just need to stock up on some tight black layers and I will probably feel fine. I did wear a long sleeved bodysuit today tucked into a white skirt with black tights and it worked.

You should definitely get a fur. I think we talked about this before. Furs are a cultural thing for me so I have a few. I fit in two of mine now that didn't fit the last few years. I actually ripped the arm on one trying to wear it a couple of years ago so now I have to get it fixed.

I am short for any OTK boots and also still haven't really lost enough - my calves are still like 15-16 inches around. I am into the soft suede boots that come really high up the thigh though and just ordered a pair. I can wear that with a long sleeved dress or a tank dress and a duster. Dressing like the Kardashians 101 eh?

I have two warm weather trips coming up which is really throwing me. Need to find stuff I can wear to work outside in 80+ degree weather by Thursday....ugh!!!!!!!!!!!

Russia.

Oh lord! I was always cold before and was at the park Sunday freezing my butt off in 68° weather.

I can only imagine how much colder I'll feel as more weight comes off, but that's a good problem to have

I'll be saving all these suggestions for sure!

Thanks for sharing!