Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh gosh everyone. That was terrifying. I was so nervous about what she would say and if she would be supportive or not. Anyone have any stories or people they were afraid to tell pre-op??

I put ME in the title and not MY, help! How do I edit that??

Edited by limesqueeze23

Sorry, can't help, I haven't been afraid to tell anyone.. They either support my decision or don't.. Either way it's not my problem :)

But I'm glad telling her went well for you :)

Munky

Thank you!! It's hard to take the chance and tell people because it's hard to get negativity from the people that think you are 'just taking the easy way' or whatever. I feel like my biggest response has been "have you just tried (insert diet/workout)"

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Because of the my to me typo I read your whole post with an Irish accent lol

happy Llama sad Llama... big fat mama Llama.

My husband told my MIL. I was not happy especially because my SIL is a big hater and would probably blab to everyone. Both my IL are very supportive and forunately did not have time to disclose to SIL. I asked them not to share. Then I had a long talk with my hubby about discussing thing with his parents before clearing it with me. If I do tell anyone, I will tell people when I'm ready. Really, it's none of anyone's business what I do with my body.

Living life like it's golden! A change is coming!!!!

I told my MIL, she in turn told my FIL. She's all for it, he like my hubby is just scared. We all agreed not to tell anyone till I am ready too. I have told 2 of hubbys cousins wives because we are super close, and they need to understand why I won't be doing the usual cake, coffee and booze with them anymore.

I guess the best way to describe our family/ culture is, think Goodfellas. We only deal with each other.

What does it mean and only 3 people know I'm having surgery besides my husband ..my mother in law my friend and my job ..I just don't need the negativity .and if there are any complications whether small or big will always be an issue ..I will wait till everything is good again.

Sent from my SM-T550 using the BariatricPal App

Oh I just figured it out

[nquote name=smiley1968" post="4291899" timestamp="1476556103]What does it mean and only 3 people know I'm having surgery besides my husband ..my mother in law my friend and my job ..I just don't need the negativity .and if there are any complications whether small or big will always be an issue ..I will wait till everything is good again.

Oh I just figured it out

I don't blame you for only telling a few people. I feel like it is already hard being overweight and taking everyone's criticism over that as it is, it's SO difficult to make the decision to have surgery that I know for me, I didn't want to tell people just to have them criticize me more.

I do feel like the closer I get to surgery and the more time I spend on here the more empowered I feel about telling people. I know I am making the best choice and I am proud of myself for recognizing something needed to change. I have worked hard to change my eating habits post op and proud of the small amount of weight I have lost and that is starting to trump being scared of what people will say.

Because of the my to me typo I read your whole post with an Irish accent lol

happy Llama sad Llama... big fat mama Llama.

Right?? That's what it sounds like doesn't it? Haha. I don't know how to edit it but now it's starting to grow on me. Hahaha

Edited by limesqueeze23

I told my mother in law and she was so supportive. She is one of those "you don't need surgery" people but she told me that it's only because she loves me the way I am. I was shocked!! Now I told my sister and she is the one who isn't as supportive. But you know what, I answer the questions she has and I just let that be her opinion and not mine!

I am 6 weeks out from rny. For the past 2 weeks I have been feeling depressed. Pre surgery I successfully took my antidepressant med and was just fine. I have continued taking my med faithfully but feel like it's not working. Is it possible that my meds aren't absorbing properly now?

Only people that truly know are my husband, mom, dad, sister and best friend everybody else was told I had surgery on my gallbladder which is also true I had both done at once. I don't everybody in my business and trying to be judgemental

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using the BariatricPal App