Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was your "last" meal?

Had permission to eat a few meals at my moms memorial, a week before surgery. I had duck, escargot, lobster ravioli,(to die for), and was very happy, as I found out at the last minute when my surgery was and had no opportunity for a last meal. I had cut carbs a few months before surgery, had lost 24 lbs, so I didn't waste t

hat opportunity to eat carbs at all.

This is the only "last meal" I've heard about that was seemingly worth it. Burgers? pizza? Fast food? BLURP!! This sounds delicious. And a special time, too. <3

I ate all the junk food I wanted. I ate corn in a cup, flaming hots with cheese, pizza, drank Dr Pepper all day, enough tacos for a year and then BOOM it ended lol it's ok though getting used to my new life style.

Sleeved: 10/3/16

SW: 260

CW: 236

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I went all out lol. I got absolutely wasted and ordered a BBQ bacon cheeseburger and loaded cheese fries. Alcohol alone must have been at least 1000 calories. I know a lot of people say not to do food funerals but it was worth it lol.

I went all out lol. I got absolutely wasted and ordered a BBQ bacon cheeseburger and loaded cheese fries. Alcohol alone must have been at least 1000 calories. I know a lot of people say not to do food funerals but it was worth it lol.

Good for you!!!

I fully admit I had a 2 week food funeral. Went for Mexican like 4 times, ordered pizza 3 times. Had Italian. Had all my favorite fast food--Sonic, Whataburger, Raising Canes, Jack in the Box. Sushi, cake and McDonalds Breakfast almost every morning

You must be in Texas

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal App

I fully admit I had a 2 week food funeral. Went for Mexican like 4 times, ordered pizza 3 times. Had Italian. Had all my favorite fast food--Sonic, Whataburger, Raising Canes, Jack in the Box. Sushi, cake and McDonalds Breakfast almost every morning

You must be in Texas

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal App

I sure am!!!

"Food funerals" are not necessary, food did not die. We only will be eating smaller portions of it post WLS and for some foods much less frequently.

Congratulations on your surgery in 10 days.

Such a great concept that I really feel like my NUT and doctor didn't really drive home.

It's true, though.

As a sleever.....one is simply delaying having certain things.

My final meal prior to starting my pre-op was thin crust supreme pizza from pizza Hut. It was such a different food from my normal low carb eating that I'd been doing at that point that beginning the liquid diet the next day was a welcome return to low carb eating. It was a greasy tasting mess that just didn't deliver any positives....but yet I did it anyway.

Now....13 months past surgery, I can have pizza without issue. I order it for the family once a week if not more. I almost never touch it and it's no biggie. I'd rather have other items that are on-plan.

Food....while fun to grill and cook....is only fun to eat for me when the nutritional breakdown is congruent with my goals.