Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Federal BCBS Insurance

Was wondering if anyone had federal bcbs insurance and has gone through the process. I am just waiting on approval for surgery. Had 3 months supervised diet, pulmonary, classes, psychological, etc. Surgeons office sent in paperwork for approval from insurance and said things look great but I am still freaking out. I am 42 5'3" 238 lbs with bmi of 42. Has anyone come across any issues even with a bmi over 40. Surgeons office said it normally takes about a week. A week and a half at the most. I am literally freaking out. Just want to get the call saying your approved. They have given me a tenative surgery date of November 3rd. I am praying that all goes well and bumps in the road. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

I do. My BMI was only 38 with 2 co-morbidity issues. I'm sure you'll be approved, you're over a 40 BMI should be no problem. I didn't get my approval letter until 3 days before my scheduled surgery, which I had on 10/4. Don't worry!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using the BariatricPal App

You should be fine, try not to freak out, but I completely understand because it's a very uneasy feeling having gone through all the requirements just to not even know if the insurance will approve. I have fed bcbs, also had a BMI of 42 and got my approval in 1 week. I did also have high BP for years, but they are true to their "parameters" for what bcbs says. Until that awesome day when you get your phone call saying you've been approved (and it is awesome, make you feel like you just won the bariatric lottery, lol), which shouldn't take long at all, just try to distract yourself by keeping busy and getting a head start on all the mental work you'll need to do pre and post op. All the best!

Sent from my SM-G928V using the BariatricPal App

Thank you soooo much. You both have helped

I have Federal BCBS and I had no issues with getting it approved. My surgery is 20 Oct 2016. I wouldn't worry about it, they will approve you.

I have that insurance.. and I called the insurance. The frist time they said they did not receive any papers from surgeon' .so I called the head RN at my Bariatric . And he said he would send again

My surgery date 10/17/16

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Update...called fed bcbs and no answer on approval yet. It has only by 1 week . Surgeons office said normally takes a week to week and a half. Bcbs pre cert. Spokesman told me normally 15 days so they can review so I probably won't hear anything till the 27th of October. ????????????my surgery date is November 3rd. I know a couple of you said you got your approval right before your surgery date and others got theirs in a week. Wondering why some are approved quicker than others. Again my bmi is over 40 (42 to be EXACT ) I have sleep apnea, arthritis, rls, all pre-certification was complete. Ugh, trying to remain positive and calm but freaking out on the inside