Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't get my protein in..

Hi. I'm new here. I hope I can get some help on Protein. I had my GS on September 28 the. I am still having problems getting my protein down. The fact that I am always full and the smell of it, I'm lucky if I get one Protein shake a day.. any suggestions on what may help or suggestions on what I can eat? Tuesday I'll will be goin on purred foods.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using the BariatricPal App

I was also sleeved on 9/28. I can no longer stomach the Protein shakes. WAY too sweet. I purchased unflavored Protein powder (I bought the nectar brand) and have added it to diet cranberry juice and broth/soups. Also, nectar sells a sampler pack of Protein powders. Honestly I have only really liked 1 or 2 so far, but they are FAR better than the choc. shakes. You get 23 grams in each pack and you mix it (note, they do NOT dissolve well, but it is tolerable) into 4 oz of liquid. Big protein punch for a small amount.

I am WAY under my protein goal, but try to work to 30+ a day. I probably don't hit it more than I do. I just keep trying.

The unflavored powder is a good addition though, you can add it to so many of your pureed foods.

Just keep trying.

I bought medical grade gene pro unflavored Protein. One table spoon if it is 30g or Protein. I use 2 tablespoons in a coffee mug, add a splash of milk, hold my nose and chug it down in 2-3 swallows. That's 60g of protein first thing in the morning. Then I don't have to stress. Then before bed, I take 1 tablespoon with a swig of milk. So I'm getting well over 100g a day (including diet). I too was struggling hard getting my protein because I couldn't stand the smell, let alone the taste. With that being said, the unflavored still has a smell which is why I hold my nose.

You can order GENEPRO on Amazon or get it at GNC. It really was a lifesaver for me

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

unjury chicken broth flavored Protein, Isopure ready to drink bottles, Unjury also had unflavored Protein Powder. I ordered online it was here super fast.

Sent from my VS990 using the BariatricPal App

GNC has Isopure btw

Sent from my VS990 using the BariatricPal App

If you were sleeved Sept 28, don't do almonds yet!

Can you have Greek yogurt? I've been stirring a scoop of unflavored Protein powder in a yogurt and it ends up being around 30g per serving.

Edited by gemigirl

I bought medical grade gene pro unflavored Protein. One table spoon if it is 30g or Protein. I use 2 tablespoons in a coffee mug, add a splash of milk, hold my nose and chug it down in 2-3 swallows. That's 60g of protein first thing in the morning. Then I don't have to stress. Then before bed, I take 1 tablespoon with a swig of milk. So I'm getting well over 100g a day (including diet). I too was struggling hard getting my protein because I couldn't stand the smell, let alone the taste. With that being said, the unflavored still has a smell which is why I hold my nose.

You can order GENEPRO on Amazon or get it at GNC. It really was a lifesaver for me

Thank for this cause I had my surgery Tuesday and I'm hating these Protein drinks I got about 15 grams of protein yesterday I will try this

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

Atkins Lift Protein drinks are great for me. 16.9 ounce, 90 calories, and 20 grams of Protein. Comes in 3 flavors, berry, Lemon, Orange. A 4-pack runs about 5 bucks USD.

I either use them everyday, or just on days where I know I'll be short on protein from food sources.

Thank for this cause I had my surgery Tuesday and I'm hating these Protein drinks I got about 15 grams of protein yesterday I will try this

I swear by GENEPRO Unflavored. I put it in my hot tea 3 times a day. 90 grams protien quick and easy. It's not clumpy ( keep temp under 140) no taste no smell. It makes it look milky but I love it. I couldn't drink any powdered or prepared shakes. It caused terrible cramps, diaherra vomiting.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

Thank for this cause I had my surgery Tuesday and I'm hating these protein drinks I got about 15 grams of protein yesterday I will try this

I swear by GENEPRO Unflavored. I put it in my hot tea 3 times a day. 90 grams protien quick and easy. It's not clumpy ( keep temp under 140) no taste no smell. It makes it look milky but I love it. I couldn't drink any powdered or prepared shakes. It caused terrible cramps, diaherra vomiting.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

I too swear by it. But I do think it has a horrible smell. Which is why I mix it with just a shot of milk. I have a very strong sense of smell.....My husband didnt smell or taste anything when in had him try it. I suppose everyone is different. What I really love is that it's a tablespoon instead of a large scoop. But really, I would never have gotten to my protein requirements If not for this stuff. I had literally tried everything! So I do not complain every couple weeks when I go spend the $35 on a canister of it. Lol

Edited by gustavio