Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I HAD GASTRIC BYPASS SEPTEMBER 22 from Grimsley TN

Hi Tammy. I got my surgery on the 20th. I have been having a hard time also. I had a few post surgery complications. But emotionally, I don't feel like myself. I am ready to work out but I can't because I'm so weak.

Hi Tammy. I got my surgery on the 20th. I have been having a hard time also. I had a few post surgery complications. But emotionally, I don't feel like myself. I am ready to work out but I can't because I'm so weak.

I have mine next week. What kind of complications

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using the BariatricPal App

I had my gastric bypass on July 19 the day before my 63rd birthday. I was just ready to spend my life a little smaller. I was tired of my back and knees killing me everyday.

I started this journey at 334 pounds the day of my surgery. I had my 3 month follow up visit last week and had lost 60 pounds. My knees and back do not hurt right now. I can bend down and pick something off the floor and to do that before was really rough.

Right now my biggest challenge is to eat slower and chew chew chew. If you eat to fast the pain will start and you will get the mucus foamies. You probably won't feel better until you bring it up. Remember if you overeat you can stretch your pouch.

Remember to eat meat first and vegetables second. You need that Protein. It also helps you lose weight. Keep the carbs down. My doctor says less than 60g of carb and more than 60-80g of Protein.< /p>

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had surgery on Aug. 19. The first month was a huge struggle -- all I wanted to do was sleep, I had to force myself to eat and drink and I had a few complications as well. (Anyone else experience the insane itching that happens when your body is depleted of oils?) Things are going much better now, although I'm still forcing myself to eat and I'm not getting enough Protein. Day by day ... take it day by day.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I had surgery on Aug. 19. The first month was a huge struggle -- all I wanted to do was sleep, I had to force myself to eat and drink and I had a few complications as well. (Anyone else experience the insane itching that happens when your body is depleted of oils?) Things are going much better now, although I'm still forcing myself to eat and I'm not getting enough Protein. Day by day ... take it day by day.

@@emardee that's exactly how I feel now. I had my surgery September 26th and it's been more of a mental struggle. I'm exhausted and most days don't feel like doing anything. I do get hungry but after a spoonful or 2 I'm done. It's only been 3 weeks but I'm not noticing much weight loss,I'm sure that's coming in more time.

How are you doing now?

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

Hi @@tezjjj Now I'm doing great. I feel pretty energetic, I've lost about 35 lbs (45 to go) and I'm wearing a size I haven't been in since college. Again, my big struggle is getting enough Protein because I'm just not hungry most of the time. I had a "stall" in losing anything about the past 10 days, but I've started again which is kind of a relief. I think the first month or so, you just really need to be kind to yourself and patient with yourself. You doing that?

Hi @@tezjjj Now I'm doing great. I feel pretty energetic, I've lost about 35 lbs (45 to go) and I'm wearing a size I haven't been in since college. Again, my big struggle is getting enough Protein because I'm just not hungry most of the time. I had a "stall" in losing anything about the past 10 days, but I've started again which is kind of a relief. I think the first month or so, you just really need to be kind to yourself and patient with yourself. You doing that?

That's great advice. I had to remind myself just today that I'm only 3 weeks in and every body is different. I am taking it day by day, but honestly I can't wait until at least 3 months has past

I'm three months out and still struggle to get enough Protein and drink enough fluids. Before my surgery I could drink 7 or 8 bottles of Water in a day. Now I force myself to drink one. I have found out I can drink Decaf coffee, sugar free hot chocolate, Tomato juice, etc better than Water. I found a product available at Walmart, Meijer, & Amazon called New whey. It has 42g of Protein in only 3.8oz of liquid. I like the fruit punch flavor. It's much easier to get less than 4oz down than 12oz. It is kind of expensive at $14.99 for 6. My doctor just recommended a product called GENEPRO available on Amazon. One tablespoon is 30 grams of protein and it is unflavored. He says mix it with a drink or oatmeal or Soup and I will never taste it. It gets very good reviews. I'm going to try it.

I'm three months out and still struggle to get enough Protein and drink enough fluids. Before my surgery I could drink 7 or 8 bottles of Water in a day. Now I force myself to drink one. I have found out I can drink Decaf coffee, sugar free hot chocolate, Tomato juice, etc better than Water. I found a product available at Walmart, Meijer, & Amazon called New Whey. It has 42g of Protein in only 3.8oz of liquid. I like the fruit punch flavor. It's much easier to get less than 4oz down than 12oz. It is kind of expensive at $14.99 for 6. My doctor just recommended a product called GENEPRO available on Amazon. One tablespoon is 30 grams of protein and it is unflavored. He says mix it with a drink or oatmeal or Soup and I will never taste it. It gets very good reviews. I'm going to try it.

I just screenshot this post so I can immediately go to it, I'm definitely going to dry that drink.

So how are you feeling agreed 3 months and how much weight have you lost?